Everton 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 30/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 57

Nobody

Pathetic, gutless, humilating 1st half. An absolute joke.

I won't pretend I hung around for the 2nd half - I was absolutely fuming so went for the Breaking Bad finale. 3-2 looks respectable but so what? There's no point starting to try when you're 3-0 down. Cracks well and truly papered over. Worst thing is that a heavy defeat would've at least rid us of Pardew. The worst of both worlds. :(

Why was Ben Arfa taken off? He wasn't our worst player by any means (Santon, MYM, Krul etc).

The hell is going on with Ben Arfa man? One world beating performance followed by 2 garbage displays. He doesn't seem to be a bull s*** type person in the press, he has all the positive mentality in the world, something off with him?

Shut-down HBA and you basically shut-down our offense.

Strange, we looked much more of a threat in the second half and he wasn't on the pitch.

Everton also didn't actively try to score in the second half.

The hell is going on with Ben Arfa man? One world beating performance followed by 2 garbage displays. He doesn't seem to be a bull s*** type person in the press, he has all the positive mentality in the world, something off with him?

Shut-down HBA and you basically shut-down our offense.

Strange, we looked much more of a threat in the second half and he wasn't on the pitch.

I don't think he meant if you shut down Ben Arfa and then leave every other Newcastle player with acres of space like.  Everton really stopped shutting us down in the second half, they seemed to think the game was won already.

If Williamson started the game we would have conceded 10 by the half. I'll tell you that right here right now.

People are deceiving themselves if they think he made any difference whatsoever. Everton were coasting and started bricking it once we scored as we deserved nothing, and we were then finally playing with freedom, as we had nothing to lose, and none of Pardew's stupid instructions to restrict us.

Just stop.

For all us apathetics, Kaka has enough rage for all of us, I think. :laugh:

Williamson was alright, I thought - won a couple of decent headers. But as you and others have said, Everton completely went off the boil (yet still could have scored a couple more).

I also thought Santon looked poor in defence. I'd give Dummett a go.

It's not the players, it's the bastard that picks them and we can change as many as we want, it will make little difference when the manager gets so much wrong.

It's not the players, it's the bastard that picks them and we can change as many as we want, it will make little difference when the manager gets so much wrong.

It's a bit the players, like.

It's not the players it's the bastard that picks them and we can change as many as we want, it will make little difference when the manager gets so much wrong.

Coloccini's nearly 32 years old and it's Alan Pardew's fault he acts like a scared little bitch up against the big black man?

Pardew's a clueless joke but the players don't get half as much criticism as they deserve.

Guest bimpy474

Looked "poor"'? he was abysmal man, absolutely dreadful.

I think he made exactly no tackles in the match at all.

Players have to take their fair share Mick, some canny rank performances out there tonight, Pardew or no Pardew (and I'm not trying to defend Pardew by saying that)

Some players need to take a long hard look at themselves after that

Neville saying Pardew couldn't do anything, I can't figure it out. If the manager has no say on the tactics and the starting/general positions the defenders take up then why have one?

Aye the media always do this for Pardew.

We concede poor goals week in week out he always gets a pass.

People seem to forget he's the one managing these players week in and week out.

Colo is a Argentinian international and Mbiwa won the league with Montpellier and was highly regarded by everyone!

Our players are going backwards through poor management and poor coaching it's that simple.

Awful. Absolutely awful first half. If we had got anything from that I would have actually felt sorry for Everton. Selection and tactics were absolutely terrble.

Don't like picking players out, but Mbiwa clearly went to the Cacapa school of defending. To think people were so keen to state that this lad was far suerior to Taylor. Made Williamson look world class.

Think Pardew would have been in serious trouble if Everton didn't let us off 2nd half.

I'm not commenting on Pardew's decisions tonight, but (for example) he doesn't tell Santon to sell himself short for the first goal or Colo to not bother to look where Lukaku is standing.

Third goal, Colo bottles the challenge against Lukaku, Krul bottles clearing everyone out and claiming it. Second goal, stupid punt forward and nobody tracks the runner. Just rank awful defending.

Looks like they're just not fit enough. Sissoko, Ben Arfa, debauchy and Santon all look a yard off. Mbia looks 2 yards off. Honestly they're playing like its pre season, absolute joke for a set of professional players.