Everton 3 - 2 Newcastle United - 30/09/13 - post-match reaction from page 57

Nobody

Why was Cabs licking everyone Everton's arsehole when they went to ground in the second half? And again at the full time whistle?? He looked fucking delighted at when it was overtbh...

Look at Pardew gettign excited on the touchline like he's done something. What an asshole.

Has he not changed the second half round?

I forgot he only gets the blame for s***. Never credit for the smallest of positives.

I'm telling you now, and i'm sure there's others on here who've also played competitive sports. When you feel you've got nothing left to lose it's so much easier to play. The ones who succeed though are the ones who have the bottle to take that attitude into the START of a contest.

Strange one. Obviously you never stand a change if you give the game away inside 30 minutes. I don't think anything in the preparation it tactics can legislate for players just not even trying to defend. Shocking really.

Showed character in the second half, but we need to learn to play something approaching football for a full 90 minutes.

kinda agree with this, there were some shocking errors by Mbwia in particular that gave away goals in the first half and how much can anyone legislate for a player screwing up that badly on his own.

We looked a hell of a lot more solid with Williamson on the pitch.

Same as the second half at home to Man City last season in a lot of ways. They switched off and we showed that we can play well when on the ball and in space.

Off the ball we're utter crap and will get consistently get punished for it. Stand by what I said 6 weeks ago: If we finish the season with this squad and this manager we'll go down.

Don't think too many would challenge that.

Jesus Christ! Some of you guys are actually trying to give that cretin any modicum of credit for that second half?

Have you forgotten what just happened in the first half?

That second half was purely down to the players beig lifted by Cabaye's performance and goal.

He's likely the one they have any respect for, or see as anything resembling a leader.

Pardew? No fucking way. A complete charlatan. The devil incarnate.

Same as the second half at home to Man City last season in a lot of ways. They switched off and we showed that we can play well when on the ball and in space.

Off the ball we're utter crap and will get consistently get punished for it. Stand by what I said 6 weeks ago: If we finish the season with this squad and this manager we'll go down.

:thup:

Second half against City was exactly what I thought of. We weren't even good in that second half, much like the Villa game it looks acceptable because of the rank ineptitude that preceded it.

Everton really weren't that great. They were talking about scintillating football, but we handed them all three goals.

For sure, they're better than we are, but the second half showed the gap isn't that huge. I don't think Everton 'switched off'. We started playing as a team.

Strange one. Obviously you never stand a change if you give the game away inside 30 minutes. I don't think anything in the preparation it tactics can legislate for players just not even trying to defend. Shocking really.

Showed character in the second half, but we need to learn to play something approaching football for a full 90 minutes.

kinda agree with this, there were some shocking errors by Mbwia in particular that gave away goals in the first half and how much can anyone legislate for a player screwing up that badly on his own.

Howay man, they could still have doubled their tally. Everton walked through us first half, that's not all on Yanga-Mbiwa, shite as he was.

I don't even think the second half was that much better. Introducing Cabaye brought about a slight improvement; it increased our tempo and made us look vaguely capable of producing something going forward. But Everton switched off for long spells of that half and that's what let us on. That second half hasn't papered over any cracks at all.

:thup: I'm with you man

I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half.  Was a much better performance by us but Everton went to sleep for me.

They did but we pressed them, amazing that a passing team doesn't like being pressed. Sitting back in the first half killed us, letting them play. And Pardew doesn't deserve credit for getting us to do what we should have done from the 1st whistle.

Bimpy your spot on.

The way we defend makes no sense.

We don't press

We don't get tight

We aren't compact

It's so fucking wishy washy, the players don't have a fucking clue what they are meant to do

Fucking defend the indefensible you two will.

Guest bimpy474

I'm not sure what to think about the 2nd half.  Was a much better performance by us but Everton went to sleep for me.

They did but we pressed them, amazing that a passing team doesn't like being pressed. Sitting back in the first half killed us, letting them play. And Pardew doesn't deserve credit for getting us to do what we should have done from the 1st whistle.

:thup: I wouldn't give him any credit for doing the right thing once we were 3-0 down mind.

I didn't Mole, tis why i said he doesn't deserve any in my post ;)

The only reason there was even an opportunity for the cracks to be papered over was because Everton not only took their foot off the gear, but got out of the car and went for a walk.

Second half means next to nothing tbh.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

The thing is we have the quality to score good goals against most teams but the only thing that will determine where we finish is our defending, especially if we concede first.

Guest neesy111

I don't even think the second half was that much better. Introducing Cabaye brought about a slight improvement; it increased our tempo and made us look vaguely capable of producing something going forward. But Everton switched off for long spells of that half and that's what let us on. That second half hasn't papered over any cracks at all.

Would agree with this.  Everton still had plenty of decent opportunities 2nd half but seemed to be 1st gear.

Why was Cabs licking everyone Everton's arsehole when they went to ground in the second half? And again at the full time whistle?? He looked f***ing delighted at when it was overtbh...

Maybe he is arranging a move in January, or the most likely scenario, he did what most footballers do

The only reason there was even an opportunity for the cracks to be papered over was because Everton not only took their foot off the gear, but got out of the car and went for a walk.

Second half means next to nothing tbh.

that is fair enough.  after their 3rd goal it was supper time for them.

Nice to see a bit of fight rather than getting absolutely hammered but it doesn't bode well. Poor performances from players and really poor decisions from Pardew, even in the second.

Also, why didn't we press them in the first? Why let a possession side have time on the ball. It was exactly the same against Swansea away.