Newcastle United vs Liverpool - Sat 19th October @ 12.45pm (live on BT Sport)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He does that without the armband, though. In the Cardiff game he was absolutely bossing Colo and Santon in particular.

Yep, he always seems to be shouting at everyone, which I do like seeing from him. :thup: I noticed that as well during the Cardiff game and he did look like the leader in the back.

So is Cabaye captain for this then?

I imagine so, I'd much rather see it go to Hatem (if he starts), Mapou, or Willo. I say Mapou given he was captain of Montpellier, etc.

Ben Arfa and Williamson would be terrible captains like.

He does that without the armband, though. In the Cardiff game he was absolutely bossing Colo and Santon in particular.

Yep, he always seems to be shouting at everyone, which I do like seeing from him. :thup: I noticed that as well during the Cardiff game and he did look like the leader in the back.

So is Cabaye captain for this then?

I imagine so, I'd much rather see it go to Hatem (if he starts), Mapou, or Willo. I say Mapou given he was captain of Montpellier, etc.

captains overall a fairly meaningless position in a match.

1) Neither fussed about leaving and held out during the window

2) Ben Arfa has been here for a long time, and has shown how positively he acts on the pitch, if he had it an occasion like Saturday you know he wouldn't hide from it, he'd relish in it. That's the sort of personality he seems to be.

3) Williamson is a leader, despite being limited footballer, he absolutely has a commanding aspect to him - be it through shouting and organizing his line.

It'll most likely be Cabaye though.

Also, regarding captains - its meaningless when you appoint someone who doesn't command respect from his teammates or isn't the type of leader people rally around. A captain can be a very vital person on the team if he's given that type of role and the club is set up to have a captain have a strong role.  It's diluted when you give it to player's who seemingly don't want to be there or don't hold each other accountable on and off the pitch. We owe Nolan a ton for his leadership on and off the pitch when he was our captain.

Give it to a player who gives a fuck and wants to actually be here or give it someone who will shout and be vocal on the pitch looking for other's to be accountable and do their part.

Thinking about the who's going to be fielded its Ben Arfa, Sissoko, Williamson, Mapou, Krul.

Enrique and Lucas are out for us. Enrique has a knock and Lucas' wife has gone to labour.

The Enrique injury was probably self inflicted, it'll have been his knees knocking at the thought of facing Ben Arfa again.

My liverpool mate will probably be relieved that lucas is out as he is genuinely annoyed he;s keeping henderson out the team in midfield  :lol:

to be fair he is much improved from what I have seen

They have both started almost every PL game this season tbf.