mackems vs Newcastle United - Sunday 27th October @ 1.30pm (live on Sky)

Skirge
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Guest Slippery Sam

Dont like derby days, going to hide under a pile of coats at home.

hate the build up, however I'll be completely chilled by Sunday safe in the knowledge that the better team wins the vast majority of the time.

They only have one option left to them, kick anything over grass height.

Kicking opponents and endeavour - they are the only things they have imo.  As someone mentioned earlier, the ref will be a big factor.  It was interesting to see the commentators on G.O.S. discussing this season's leniency by referees in bad challenges - something Clattermole will be hoping for.

Dont like derby days, going to hide under a pile of coats at home.

hate the build up, however I'll be completely chilled by Sunday safe in the knowledge that the better team wins the vast majority of the time.

They only have one option left to them, kick anything over grass height.

Kicking opponents and endeavour - they are the only things they have imo.  As someone mentioned earlier, the ref will be a big factor.  It was interesting to see the commentators on G.O.S. discussing this season's leniency by referees in bad challenges - something Clattermole will be hoping for.

Someone needs to drop two photon torpedos down his exaust pipe early on. 

Lee Probert has been appointed referee for Sunderland v Newcastle United on 27/10/13 #SUNNEW

What's he usually like with us? Fair, or a bit of a Howard Webb?

Sent off Elliott and gave QPR a dubious pen against us last season.

Nowt that I can remember at Spurs

Sent off Shola at B&HA

Nowt that I can remember home to Villa

Sent John O'Shit off for the mackems already this season.

Not going to worry about the ref too much.... at the end of the day they are all shit.

Yeah Can't really think of one I would want. I guess maybe Riley or Dowd as I don't think they have fucked us over as much as the others if memory serves.

Newcastle United supporters are advised of the following information to ensure they experience a safe and enjoyable visit to the Stadium of Light for Sunday's Tyne-Wear derby.

Location of visiting supporters

Visiting clubs' supporters are located in the Strongbow North Stand Upper area of the Stadium of Light. The entrance to this stand is directly opposite the Sunderland Aquatic Centre, through turnstiles 69-74.

Seating is located on LEVEL 3, with catering and bar facilities on LEVELS 1 & 3. There are three different stairwells to access the stand and supporters should check their tickets to ensure they use the correct stairwell. There will be signage and stewards to assist supporters on the day.

At the end of the game

In order to ensure the safety of all supporters, visiting fans will be asked to remain inside the stadium for a period of time after the final whistle. All concourse facilities, including bars and toilets, will be available during this time.

Catering and bar facilities

Catering and bar facilities are located on both LEVEL 1 and LEVEL 3 of the Strongbow North Stand Upper. However, alcohol is available on LEVEL 1 only, before the game and at half-time. LEVEL 3 offers tea/coffee, soft drinks and food option.

After the final whistle, alcohol will be available on LEVEL 3 and the bars on LEVEL 1 will also remain open.

Supporters are kindly asked to listen to instructions from police and stewards on the day to ensure that they can enter and exit the stadium safely.

Travel Information

Newcastle United are once again providing transport to the Stadium of Light for supporters who have purchased a ticket for the fixture.

The cost per supporter will be £4 with boarding at St. James' Park from 10.30am for an 11am departure.

Supporters are encouraged to use the coaches to travel to the game as it assists local police to manage the arrival and departure of Newcastle supporters attending the game.

The Club will still be paying the full cost of the coaches however all monies raised by the Club by levying this charge will be paid to a chosen Newcastle United charity.

Not going to worry about the ref too much.... at the end of the day they are all s***.

Yeah Can't really think of one I would want. I guess maybe Riley or Dowd as I don't think they have f***ed us over as much as the others if memory serves.

Mark Clattenburg or Michael Oliver :)

Not going to worry about the ref too much.... at the end of the day they are all shit.

Yeah Can't really think of one I would want. I guess maybe Riley or Dowd as I don't think they have fucked us over as much as the others if memory serves.

Kevin Friend?  Just going on stats like, but we've won every game he's officiated since he became a professional ref in 2009, also never sent any of our players off and never given a penalty against us.  Only 8 games and not exactly a list of great opponents but still.

He's officiated 14 Sunderland games since 2009, they've won 4, drawn 2, lost 8, he's sent off 4 of their players and given 3 pens against them.

Not that I think we need the right ref against them like,

The strongbow stand :lol:

Jesus! Those instructions just confirm what we all thought of the tramps!

Catering and bar facilities

Catering and bar facilities are located on LEVEL 1 of the Strongbow North Stand, LEVEL 3 of the Carlsberg Spesh Stand, LEVEL 1 of the Half Bottle of Buckie Stand, and during the match in the Mad-Dog 20/20 Executive bar. However, alcohol is available only before the game and at half-time, and post-match in the car park, on grass verges and generally anywhere in the city centre public spaces.

Public masturbatory facilities

Heavily refreshed gentlemen of the road are kindly asked to listen to instructions from police and stewards on the day to ensure they know where they can and cannot furiously molest themselves in full public view.

With Cisse so out of form, Ben Arfa not working there, Shola is going to start isn't he, one game I don't mind that much  :lol:

And get the kick ball football again - no thank you as that would be playing straight into the SMBs hands. Need to keep the ball on the ground and use our superior skills to do the work and another thing SHOLA IS TOTAL SHIT!

Guest neesy111

Why are we charging money for the coaches to donate to charity? Make the coach free and pass round a collection.

Apparently people booked them and never turned up a few years ago, costing the club money.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/rock-bottom-sunderland-set-play-wes-2476490

Gus Poyet is poised to take a massive gamble by recalling forgotten man Wes Brown for Sunday's crunch derby against Newcastle.

Sunderland and former England defender Brown has not played a first-team match for 21 months but has fought back from repeated injury setbacks to be fit for the North-East derby.

Poyet has wiped the slate clean for all his players since succeeding the sacked Paolo Di Canio, and admits he is crying out for some defence-steadying experience to prevent a morale-sapping eighth defeat in the season's first nine league matches.

The Black Cats are searching for their first win of the season and while throwing former England international Brown into a game of such intensity might be a risk, Poyet may reason he couldn't do much to worsen a defence that has leaked 20 goals in the eight league matches so far.

Brown, a former title winner at Manchester United, has come through a training ground friendly and a U21s match in the past week, along with other misfits including Cabral, Modibo Diakite and Connor Wickham.

Poyet said: "Wes is fit and he's been training with us all week and he played in a behind closed doors friendly we had on Tuesday. It's a decision we need to make.

"Whether somebody's fit enough to play 90 minutes or not or how many players there are in that situation you can't take a chance.

"But you can't have too many on the pitch that can't play 90 minutes.

"Depending on that, we will make a decision on it.

"He could be everything that you need in the Premier League. He's experienced he's played at the highest level, at one of the best teams in the world, and he knows the game well.

"Hopefully we can see him very soon on the pitch."

:cheesy: