Newcastle 0 - 2 Man City (AET) - 30/10/13 - LC R4 - Post-match reaction from p40

Mike

Man City that extra bit of class that told in the end. There's no way we could have scored their second goal.

Indeed. For centuries, the reverse through pass has been a mythical phenomenon but I think we actually saw one tonight. Special.

Bog standard defeat to one of the league's top sides. Raised our game through some extra effort, but utterly futile in the end. I could've written that before kick-off. I don't think anyone (including the manager) deserves any stand-out slagging, although Mapou should have done a lot better for the goal. Real shame that, because he was exceptional during the 90.

We're rubbish and they have a sweet shop of brilliant players to pick from. You could've put good money on the substitutes changing the game and they did. We were never, ever winning tonight, like.

Hey ho. :rolleyes:

That's the thing the top teams are that far ahead of the rest that their reserves would beat any of the others, apart from a fluke of last season they nearly always win the cup competitions. The rest of us just don't have the squads to compete and never will. Football is f***ed they should just f*** these teams off into a league of their own with the rest of europes top ones

That doesn't describe City tonight, they were absolute dross and very beatable.

It seems every team Newcastle play is beatable to you and you make it sound like Newcastle can't loss against a beatable team ??? Any team is beatable but is that guaranteed ? What are the odds for winning against a billion dollar team ?

I never said it was guaranteed but if you don't play your best team then you deserve what you get when that's f*** all.

City have won, what, 1 away game in 4 or 5? And this was their frigging second string.

It's better than our first tbh.

Is it though? I thought they were absolutely miserably bad and thoroughly disinterested, especially in the first half. Certainly they looked miles better after a couple of subs.

I fucking hate this not trying to win a cup shit, remind me are we in The Champions League ? no..  what about Europa cup ? erm no so why on earth not try and win one of the two fkn domestic cups we are in.

Starting Cisse and Shola holy shit, Shola has a couple of good bits per season and right now Cisse couldn't hit a fkn toddler with a truck, had he started Remy we would have won that game.

Bog standard defeat to one of the league's top sides. Raised our game through some extra effort, but utterly futile in the end. I could've written that before kick-off. I don't think anyone (including the manager) deserves any stand-out slagging, although Mapou should have done a lot better for the goal. Real shame that, because he was exceptional during the 90.

We're rubbish and they have a sweet shop of brilliant players to pick from. You could've put good money on the substitutes changing the game and they did. We were never, ever winning tonight, like.

That's the thing the top teams are that far ahead of the rest that their reserves would beat any of the others, apart from a fluke of last season they nearly always win the cup competitions. The rest of us just don't have the squads to compete and never will. Football is f***ed they should just f*** these teams off into a league of their own with the rest of europes top ones

It seems every team Newcastle play is beatable to you and you make it sound like Newcastle can't loss against a beatable team ??? Any team is beatable but is that guaranteed ? What are the odds for winning against a billion dollar team ?

I never said it was guaranteed but if you don't play your best team then you deserve what you get when that's f*** all.

City have won, what, 1 away game in 4 or 5? And this was their frigging second string.

It's better than our first tbh.

Is it though?

30 Pantilimon

02 Richards (Zabaleta - 83' )

13 Kolarov

17 Rodwell (Silva - 64' Booked )

38 Boyata

06 Lescott

15 Jesús Navas

14 Javi García Booked

10 Dzeko

35 Jovetic (Negredo - 10' )

07 Milner

Yes, it probably is. In isolation the performance tonight wasn't poor, just lacked the attacking quality they did in the end.

That said, it's not just the likes of Man City we have struggled against this season. This is the worrying thing obviously.

I fucking hate this not trying to win a cup shit, remind me are we in The Champions League ? no..  what about Europa cup ? erm no so why on earth not try and win one of the two fkn domestic cups we are in.

Starting Cisse and Shola holy shit, Shola has a couple of good bits per season and right now Cisse couldn't hit a fkn toddler with a truck, had he started Remy we would have won that game.

:lol:

Just admit we cannot fucking compete with the majority of teams in this league. It's a sad state of affairs when even our hierarchy are publicly stating we can't even compete with Southampton and Swansea. if they are showing no ambition why should us as fans have dreams and ambitions. NUFC are slowly zapping my dreams of us ever winning anything and I'm falling out of love with the game I've been so obsessed with for nearly 40 years. It's so fucking soul destroying that I just don't give a fuck anymore I'd not even be bothered if we went down. Which is really sad to me

This has all snowballed from the turmoil and shite since the Antichrist took us over......I'll only be happy if Ashley suffers the same fate as Matthew Harding

Depends how big the toddler/truck is tbf. Always a chance the kid could go straight underneath, then you're depending on getting a wheelshot which is admittedly more difficult.

He'd probably just stall the fker anyway

Just admit we cannot fucking compete with the majority of teams in this league. It's a sad state of affairs when even our hierarchy are publicly stating we can't even compete with Southampton and Swansea. if they are showing no ambition why should us as fans have dreams and ambitions. NUFC are slowly zapping my dreams of us ever winning anything and I'm falling out of love with the game I've been so obsessed with for nearly 40 years. It's so fucking soul destroying that I just don't give a fuck anymore I'd not even be bothered if we went down. Which is really sad to me

This has all snowballed from the turmoil and shite since the Antichrist took us over......I'll only be happy if Ashley suffers the same fate as Matthew Harding

Nah man, just hope he gets run over by the truck Papiss was driving while missing the toddler. Wouldn't want anyone else to die with him.

Thought we played well first half, but really should have taken our chances when they came. Second half they woke up and took over and then Silva made all the difference in ET. Can't fault Pardew really, other than maybe he should have started Remy instead of the very wasteful Cisse.

Yeah Wullie, how dare you?! Know your place!

Yes it's very easy to say any team is beatable but at what odds ?

We knew we had a problem with lack of quality strikers but what did we do about it ? Zilch, zero, nothing. Oh ok I forgot we borrowed Striker/winger called Remi.

We borrowed him and sat him on the bench tonight.

Thought we played well first half, but really should have taken our chances when they came. Second half they woke up and took over and then Silva made all the difference in ET. Can't fault Pardew really, other than maybe he should have started Remy instead of the very wasteful Cisse.

How about starting them both? Rocket science!