Newcastle United vs. Norwich City - Sat 23rd Nov @ 15:00 (not on TV)

TaylorJ_01
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I would be looking to play Anita in midfield for this. I think he will help us keep a higher tempo in the game which we will need to stretch Norwich. I also don't think the extra preparation argument is valid here. Most of our XI have been away on International Duty so in essence we have a reduced schedule to prepare players, some of whom will have played competitive fixtures today.

I'd bring in Colo, Anita and Ben Arfa personally.

I'd like to see Anita & HBA given the start. Colo, sure, if MYM plays RB and then is allowed to return back to CB the following week when Debuchy has served his suspension.

Why is it so certain that he'll play the same team? He switched it up after beating Cardiff.

Just general Pardew-pessimism I think, same as always.

It's the safer option for Pardew. He'll probably figure we might well win with Shola starting anyway, and it gives him a strong bench if he needs a goal. Pardew is always more comfortable with a solid line up in any case in my view.

1-0 win, making it look very difficult.

Aye, a bit like last season.

Hughton's a good tactician and meticulous planner, it won't be lost on him that our better results have tended to come in games where we haven't had most possession. They'll be sitting back.

Pardew may be tempted to stick with the same team but I think he will change it and bring back HBA for this one. Certainly hope so anyway.

Guest Slippery Sam

This is NUFC, so a defeat is the order of the day following some good, unexpected, results.  However, in a cheeky twist of fate, I feel a 5-0 humping of the Canaries on Tyneside.