Newcastle United vs West Brom - Saturday 30th November @ 5.30pm (live on Sky)

Dave
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

It would be quite strange if we kept Willo and dropped Mapou. If it's based on form and recent results, both should play.

Mapou was great against Norwich. If anything I would leave Debuchy on the bench to teach the others if they gave away daft bookings they will have wait for their chance.

I have put us down for a draw, but to be honest, I think a win for you is more likely based on recent performances.

Things seem to have been on the up for you lately, any particular reason or just found a bit of form?

Now there's a question. Opinion is divided on the subject and if you have a browse through the last few pages of the Alan Pardew thread you'll get some idea of the views of the different factions. I think its a combination of some decent attacking football, some excellent defending and a slice of luck. Although as far as luck goes we've not had anything close to what Chelsea got against you lot at Stamford Bridge. In a lot of our matches we seem to play well for 45 minutes, more often the first rather than the second half. We can be good enough to hurt any side but go to crap if we have a lead. We sit back and invite pressure and we aren't very good at doing that. 

The two things which have worked well for us IMO, has been we defensively we have looked fairly solid and teamwork. We've sacrificed a bit of flair to achieve it, but the results speak for themselves right now.

It would be equally strange if Debuchy did not play considering his form.

drop Colo in my opinion as Willo and MYM have proven a good partnership in last few games prior to Norwich and as people have stated tiote seems to be a decent captain.

It would be equally strange if Debuchy did not play considering his form.

drop Colo in my opinion as Willo and MYM have proven a good partnership in last few games prior to Norwich and as people have stated tiote seems to be a decent captain.

Wouldn't be against dropping Colo but I highly doubt Pardew would do that.

Crazy isn't it? Dropping one of Colo or Mapou for Willo... A few months ago we would all have sold him for a pittance with the claim that he was not good enough for fourth place central defender... Hhhhmmm

It would be quite strange if we kept Willo and dropped Mapou. If it's based on form and recent results, both should play.

Mapou was great against Norwich. If anything I would leave Debuchy on the bench to teach the others if they gave away daft bookings they will have wait for their chance.

I missed the Norwich game, was MYM that good at right back? As in, better than Debuchy?

Who would have thought that Willo would be the first name on the team sheet in our defence  :lol:

I don't think it's a bad reflection on either Colo or MYM, but Wilo provides the aerial strength that neither of those do. Either one will complement him better than they do each other. We still need a better version of Willo in the summer though.

I missed the Norwich game, was MYM that good at right back? As in, better than Debuchy?

No.

He played very well overall, but not better than Debuchy has been recently.

Couple if very tenuous links to samba yesterday. We'd not pay his wages but I'd certainly take him, think he'd be v good alongside MYM

Don't think we'd get his registration through before the WBA game tbh....

No.

He did alright mind but not enough to keep Debuchy out.

Colo should make way in my john humble.

I see your point, because our disciplinary record over the last season and a half is appalling. However, I can't see that happening and, tbh, it would be a real kick in the crotch for Debuchy. He's improved drastically this season and deserves to come back into the side.

I don't suppose anyone answered the toon friendly London boozer question?

Is there anywhere in central London, or just somewhere decent for watching football generally? I'm looking on google maps now but can't find a suitable bar.

Drop Colo please. :)

Guest neesy111

I don't suppose anyone answered the toon friendly London boozer question?

Is there anywhere in central London, or just somewhere decent for watching football generally? I'm looking on google maps now but can't find a suitable bar.

Drop Colo please. :)

Cock and Lion.

Couple if very tenuous links to samba yesterday. We'd not pay his wages but I'd certainly take him, think he'd be v good alongside MYM

He looked a mess last season, I'd rather not.

That's the exact word that came to mind as well. Not the answer in any way, although he's at least the right 'type' we need to be looking at.

I have put us down for a draw, but to be honest, I think a win for you is more likely based on recent performances.

Things seem to have been on the up for you lately, any particular reason or just found a bit of form?

Now there's a question. Opinion is divided on the subject and if you have a browse through the last few pages of the Alan Pardew thread you'll get some idea of the views of the different factions. I think its a combination of some decent attacking football, some excellent defending and a slice of luck. Although as far as luck goes we've not had anything close to what Chelsea got against you lot at Stamford Bridge. In a lot of our matches we seem to play well for 45 minutes, more often the first rather than the second half. We can be good enough to hurt any side but go to crap if we have a lead. We sit back and invite pressure and we aren't very good at doing that. 

The two things which have worked well for us IMO, has been we defensively we have looked fairly solid and teamwork. We've sacrificed a bit of flair to achieve it, but the results speak for themselves right now.

The pace and goal-threat of Remy has been the biggest difference because oppo defences cannot ignore him when they are trying to back up their attacks by supporting their m/f and forwards....this has given our m/f and defence more breathing space and an easy option to sling the ball up for Remy to chase if they want a break...they couldn't do this with Cisse because he lacks the pace and cannot avoid being caught offside.

He looked a mess last season, I'd rather not.

Yeah granted but he went there out of shape and in a very poor team. I think he's still decent personally, on his day he's exactly what we need. Big, physically imposing CB

Yes we do need someone with those attributes, just not Samba.