Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fair play to him, like. He started the season trying to play a more open game, it achieved mixed results and post-Everton has seen a more hard-working approach. We've been heading towards the right balance over the last month or two, I hope it continues. 5 wins in 6, well done, Alan.

Still not even close to being a fan. He has shown so much tactical naivety, negativity and stubbornness. We are yet to see us gel as a fluid attacking unit consistently and I don't think that is down to the playing staff.

Pardew is a product of the Ashley era..dampen expectations and appear to over deliver, when in reality it's Play safe and do bare minimum to survive.

All that said he was truly spot on with everything today going against the grain. From the start I felt we were going to possibly get something from the game. We controlled the game, defended well and even looked dangerous once in a while.

If there is one thing we have improved upon dramatically it's our possession game, especially in the middle of the park. While we still havent quite clicked into that real fast paced attacking threat there are signs this season that we are getting there.

Respect clawed back today for Pardew but there is so much more to do. Thanks for doing something rare in actually learning from your mistakes Alan. Keep it up and there is hope you will get back to positive marks rather than negative.

One thing that's bugged me about him is that he would never change it up depending on opposition and stuck to same tactics if it had got him a win, mixed it up today and we took the points, deserves all the credit he gets.

Guest bimpy474

He got shit for Wednesday, rightly so. But today he deserves as much praise, good from him, tactically and substitution wise. And the team played with good positivity.

I hope we are allowed to buy a few players in Jan to push on like. He has given himself a good chance to turn people around and fair play for beating chelsea, spurs and those c***s without conceding a goal

Today was by far the best, we've actually played for 90+ minutes.

And to emphasise how well Pardew did today and how good the team were, I actually think a fair few individual performances were below par - particularly first half. Getting that team focus is so important.

I hope we are allowed to buy a few players in Jan to push on like. He h given himself a good chance to turn people around and fair play for beating chelsea, spurs and those c***s without conceding a goal

Without a doubt.  This wasn't a case of riding our luck as in the spurs match but competing over the full ninety minutes and looking in control for most of that.

He got a bit lucky on his last sub when Debuchy was injured as bringing Cisse on just after shola looked like a disaster waiting to happen.

I know Pardew's first sub was spot on because I thought about it myself and it came early in the 2nd half which is unusual for him but really good one. HBA made a big difference in terms of controlling the game and keeping position.

I thought the 2nd sub could have been Cisse instead of Ameobi but even Ameobi did well.

The tactics of having Tiote, Anita and Cabaye in the middle of the park against weak Man U midfield was a great move and worked brilliantly.

Surreal stuff today. To win, and convincingly, at OTT after having just been turned over by a mediocre Swansea side in midweek seemed a pipe dream. Credit to the manager for overseeing this historic day tbh. Got everything from team selection to tactics to the players' energy and mentality, to in-game management and subs down to a perfect tee.

Our first 90-minute performance of the season. We were sensational. More of the same please.

Take a bow Alan Pardew.

I hope we are allowed to buy a few players in Jan to push on like. He has given himself a good chance to turn people around and fair play for beating chelsea, spurs and those c***s without conceding a goal

Couldn't agree more. We looked a bit toothless up front, but other than that we kept the ball pretty well when we had it and pinged it around well in midfield. We actually looked like a team that's finding some sort of identity in our passing game. If we can add it to the final third of the pitch we will be a force to be reckoned with.

I said to the wife at half time, man united are there for the taking. If Pardew had a set of knackers he'd go for this, but he won't and we'll lose by a couple of goals.

Credit where it's due, he got it right today. Well played Pards.