Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Striving for Mediocrity.  It's like a demotivational poster. 

http://farm1.static.flickr.com/24/63536082_a8c02d85aa.jpg

http://onlygags.com/wp-content/uploads/Trying-is-the-first-step-towards-failure..jpg

Remindes me of the Qwantz t-shirt that I still have somewhere :lol:

http://i.imgur.com/s2ocmj9.gif

http://www.topatoco.com/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=TO&Product_Code=QW-FAILURE&Category_Code=QW

Is this not an over reaction? Did he not mean that was the minimum target, not the sum of our ambition for the season?  i.e. Reach 48 pts as soon as we can then go on from there?

What, like when we got to 40 points last season? We were ace after that.

Is this not an over reaction? Did he not mean that was the minimum target, not the sum of our ambition for the season?  i.e. Reach 48 pts as soon as we can then go on from there?

He said it would be great to get 48 points so no its not an overreaction

"...48 points, and I think if we get that or anything above that, would be a great season for us."

This is the word for word quote.

You finished in the top ten last season, is that the aim again this season? Can you better that?

Well the average for this club over the last ten years in the Premiership is 48 points, and I think if we get that, or anything above that it will be a good season for us.

Staggeringly pathetic. :lol:

Guest firetotheworks

I can't work out whether that's his genuine ambition or it's a ploy, or which is worse. I honestly think it's both, he knows his level of ambition is laughable, he knows that he's winding us up and he knows that he's trodding on our ambition and that it'll work with the absolute morons that swallow it.

Honestly, I hate him. He's a total piece of shit. A complete fucking pig.

Just when I had even the slightest hint of regret about giving up my season ticket, cuntface comes out with this interview. So happy I didn't renew. We have elite level muppets running this club and the sooner the last remaining people realise this the better. Another bang average or worse season awaits. Oh the joy.

Guest firetotheworks

Just when I had even the slightest hint of regret about giving up my season ticket, cuntface comes out with this interview. So happy I didn't renew. We have elite level muppets running this club and the sooner the last remaining people realise this the better. Another bang average season awaits. Oh the joy.

Even when we win it's mostly unbearable to watch as well. I'd rather watch Pedro and Ben Arfa have a kick about in training, I honestly would.

It's weird, I don't think I've ever properly hated someone before and I never thought the first person I would hate would be one of our longest serving managers. What an utterly rancid set of circumstances.

Just when I had even the slightest hint of regret about giving up my season ticket, cuntface comes out with this interview. So happy I didn't renew. We have elite level muppets running this club and the sooner the last remaining people realise this the better. Another bang average season awaits. Oh the joy.

Even when we win it's mostly unbearable to watch as well. I'd rather watch Pedro and Ben Arfa have a kick about in training, I honestly would.

:thup: Exactly - the wins are shit, the draws are shit, the losses are shit.  Even when we manage a vaguely entertaining 45 minutes the manager will do all he can to suck all of the fun out of it after the break.

You're right. I spent a good part of last season sitting there hoping we would lose and toward the end of the season I would leave the stadium actively fuming when we had scraped a win. Shit times.

This is the word for word quote.

You finished in the top ten last season, is that the aim again this season? Can you better that?

Well the average for this club over the last ten years in the Premiership is 48 points, and I think if we get that, or anything above that it will be a good season for us.

Staggeringly pathetic. :lol:

Which I highly doubt is accurate, my numbers are:

2012/2013 - 41

2011/2012 - 65

2010/2011 - 46

2009/2010 - 0

2008/2009 - 34

2007/2008 - 43

2006/2007 - 43

2005/2006 - 58

2004/2005 - 44

2003/2004 - 56

Total = 430

10 seasons = 43 points per season

The Premiership kept on going even when we weren't in it because Ashley got us relegated, fucking numpty.

He'll not get 48 points anyway. He's never going to get results without a match winner like Remy in the side. The way he sets the team up we won't score enough goals and we'll concede plenty.

I feel really sad that I won't be there this season but at the same time, I've no regrets and have certainly never even considered going back on it.

With days to go, I'm extremely glad that none of my money will fund a penny of that man's salary and I hope City give us a real leathering. We need the storm to lift this horrible black cloud.

Guest firetotheworks

This is who you are, so that's your level, accept it, shut up, buy our shit and keep paying me money and defending me when NUFC fans that have a fundamental grasp of football tell you that I'm not good enough, thanks.

65 points or even 60 would show a hint of ambition but 48? We would lose more than we would win. Nowt like dampening any remaining enthusiasm.

:thup: our average for top half finishes the last 10 years has been 57. Naming a number is embarrassing enough but fuck, set your target higher than "bang average is good enough"

I feel really sad that I won't be there this season but at the same time, I've no regrets and have certainly never even considered going back on it.

With days to go, I'm extremely glad that none of my money will fund a penny of that man's salary and I hope City give us a real leathering. We need the storm to lift this horrible black cloud.

This. :thup: