Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He's a moron for getting in the situation he did but it's not a sackable offence, it wasn't even a headbutt. It's obviously hugely daft on his part but managers will have done far worse behind the scenes, like Pulis nutting Beattie whilst wearing nothing but that weird cap. If it's alright for players to do it to one another and managers to scuffle between themselves on the touchline then it should be the same reaction when it's between managers and players.

A fine and ban are what he deserves for being an utter fool.

I f***ing hate the press and their hypocrisy.

It is a sackable offence and it was a headbutt.  If any of us went into work and did that we'd get sacked, try and prove me wrong on Monday if you want.

Shouldn't Remy also have been sacked then?

There was some provocation, but he had time to steady himself and choose a different response. I imagine he'll get another fine from the FA and a touchline ban till the end of the season.

It seemed like his ego dictated that he had to try and put Meyler in his place.

He probably should have but that was never going to happen and we might even have a contract without clauses in it because of it being a loan.

There is a maximum amount you can fine players apparently. I remember when Tevez was refusing to play for man city and they could only fine him a certain percentage of his wages?

Perhaps 100k was the max we could fine? Or like suggested it was just a token gesture to appease the public and he probably won't even pay it.

He probably should have but that was never going to happen and we might even have a contract without clauses in it because of it being a loan.

Allowances are made when tempers flare during a physical contact sport.

When it's a manager, and it happens off the field of play, it's something else, of course.

I think the club have acted correctly - a big fine and a warning. But no more chances after this one.

The persistent "if I did that at work" argument really doesn't make any sense.  Clearly different jobs have different standards and footballers don't play by the same rules as the rest of us.

Fair play if you're consistent with it. Personally I don't really think it's doable because people would be getting sacked all the time, Guthrie for booting Fagan and Shearer for kicking the shit out of Lennon's face are two more that spring to mind.

I'd be happy if the club had used it as a reason to bin him but it's a mountain out of a molehill in my opinion. If Bruce for instance had done it I would have found it significantly more funny than outrageous.

Guest neesy111

The persistent "if I did that at work" argument really doesn't make any sense.  Clearly different jobs have different standards and footballers don't play by the same rules as the rest of us.

He wasn't playing, do you get that?

Find it funny that Pardew gets an entire segment of ranting dedicated to him while when Shelvey did the exact same to Debuchy not a word was uttered.

Not to mention Shelvey wasn't even booked if memory serves.

Not defending him btw, he deserves any punishment that comes his way purely for being a slimeball bellend.

But the ott reaction and double standard of similar incidents is bordering on idiotic.