Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Pardew is the key apologist and for the regime let's not forget that. His primary function is to silver tongue his way out of tricky moments. All that has happened is that the Mail journalist has asked some tough questions and he wasn't ready for it and was actually surprised and tongue tied by it. However it's the closest he's come to criticising the regime without actually coming out with it.

He's sort of touched on it before, I was surprised he got away with these comments as I honestly thought he might get reprimanded/binned for them:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-gets-confused-and-upset-with-football-claims-magpies-manager-alan-pardew-8878591.html

He balanced that with the Ashley taking care of the debt stuff.

Football is about competing regardless of circumstances imo. It shows a lack of awareness and character to keep banging on about not being able to compete. If you don't think you can compete you're in the wrong job. Good managers never say they can't compete...It's the laziest excuse in the book. You don't see Tony Pulis going on about it...He's out Palace within reach of survival in a matter of weeks with a squad that is woeful. Did he ever say they couldn't compete? No.

Pardew is the key apologist and for the regime let's not forget that. His primary function is to silver tongue his way out of tricky moments. All that has happened is that the Mail journalist has asked some tough questions and he wasn't ready for it and was actually surprised and tongue tied by it. However it's the closest he's come to criticising the regime without actually coming out with it.

He's sort of touched on it before, I was surprised he got away with these comments as I honestly thought he might get reprimanded/binned for them:

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/football/premier-league/newcastle-owner-mike-ashley-gets-confused-and-upset-with-football-claims-magpies-manager-alan-pardew-8878591.html

He balanced that with the Ashley taking care of the debt stuff.

Football is about competing regardless of circumstances imo. It shows a lack of awareness and character to keep banging on about not being able to compete. If you don't think you can compete you're in the wrong job. Good managers never say they can't compete...It's the laziest excuse in the book. You don't see Tony Pulis going on about it...He's out Palace within reach of survival in a matter of weeks with a squad that is woeful. Did he ever say they couldn't compete? No.

Exactly. :thup:

Guest Roger Kint

Lets please try & keep our transfer policy.

You mean the one that leaves Shola Ameobi as your 2nd choice striker?  No thanks.

Keep the scouting, ditch the policy.

Well done, you almost managed to read his post there

You do like reminding many people on here about not reading posts. Well done you, well done.

Hey you are the idiot deleting most his post to completely change the meaning of it to make a different point

Pardew is constantly grasping for excuses, it just goes on and on...I don't need to go into it cause we all know what they are...At the last count there was at least a dozen. He says he's a professional manager..Well he isn't he's a straw man laying down nonsense for a careless and pathetic regime void of ideas apart from scurrying around looking for cheap deals and cheap advertising.

I hate Pardew far more than Ashley..I can understand Ashley because he made his money the hard way and he sets his own standards and he's allowed to cause at the end of the day it's his money not anybody elses. He's frugal, he's ignorant about the greater world (outside of his little business bubble) and he's childish...All the hallmarks of a self-made man.

The psychological breakdown of Pardew is far darker and far sadder and devoid of any redeeming qualities. His bluster and his ridiculous ego and his pitiful schemes with regard to manipulating our opinions and throwing out quotes that distract us from his and the regimes blunders frames him as the real Judas. What kind of professional doesn't want the best for their workplace? What kind of leader lies and slithers after every bump in the road? One that is only interested in his own skin. Pardew is a shameful apologist who cares not one bit about the club and won't step out of line one mm to get the tools he needs to do his job. It's not a job to him it's a gravy train.

Guest antz1uk

See, I read that interview and I just don't get how it leads people to their spineless, slimy, outraged conclusions.

He just seems to be completely sick of trying to remain professional and present a united front after his boss has dropped him in the s*** again. It's the face he was presenting before the derby too.

He could do a Malcky Mackay but then he'd  be out of a job within the week. It says more about the strained relations within the club than any flaws Pardew has.

Isnt that the point though? the reason he comes across as a slimy bottler I mean?

If faced with that sort of humiliation / undermining of your job on a weekly basis anyone with an ounce of professional integrity would front it &, if need be, negotiate a way out if they weren't prepared to make your job tenable.

He`s a s**** tactician, out of his depth desperate to cling on to the most high profile job he`s ever / will ever had.

With this bloke as manager, we will never win anything (Long balls up to Shola was his master plan Saturday remember)

Bobby Robson was constantly undermined, overruled and mistreated too.

Barcelona were canny rude to him as well.

His professionalism and refusal to walk out on an agreement is lauded as gentlemanly rather than making him a slimy bottler.

No, that's not suggesting for one second that Pardew is one fraction of the manager that Robson is, but getting on with the job despite your gaffer is something the vast majority can surely relate to.

Don't get me wrong now, he comes across as an affable pleasant chap who, based on anecdotal evidence I`ve read, seems a decent bloke, but after 5 minutes of Saturdays game, when I rumbled his master plan, I was seething & so should anyone with an ounce of football knowledge have been at the paucity of schemes he had under his hat. SBR was a proud but shrewd man whose professional integrity refused him the opportunity to manage NUFC when the opportunity first presented itself because he was under contract & wanted to do the right thing. Please don't tell me Pardews operates within similar principles. His willingness to hang on to the job is, in my opinion, financially motivated coupled with an almost narcissistic longing to stay a "high profile" manager, regardless of the consequences.

We are where we are in the league despite him not because of him. 

Right there!... agree with everything apart from tha affable pleasant chap, i see him for exactly what he is, a window salesman full of patter

Guest firetotheworks

It's just unforgivable. Any other description or following events are moot. Within the realms of possibility, he will never do anything that will make me ever forgive him for this and for last season. I will always, always hate him. The insults are pointless, he's an insult to himself. Cunt.

Guest Dontooner

Pardew is constantly grasping for excuses, it just goes on and on...I don't need to go into it cause we all know what they are...At the last count there was at least a dozen. He says he's a professional manager..Well he isn't he's a straw man laying down nonsense for a careless and pathetic regime void of ideas apart from scurrying around looking for cheap deals and cheap advertising.

I hate Pardew far more than Ashley..I can understand Ashley because he made his money the hard way and he sets his own standards and he's allowed to cause at the end of the day it's his money not anybody elses. He's frugal, he's ignorant about the greater world (outside of his little business bubble) and he's childish...All the hallmarks of a self-made man.

The psychological breakdown of Pardew is far darker and far sadder and devoid of any redeeming qualities. His bluster and his ridiculous ego and his pitiful schemes with regard to manipulating our opinions and throwing out quotes that distract us from his and the regimes blunders frames him as the real Judas. What kind of professional doesn't want the best for their workplace? What kind of leader lies and slithers after every bump in the road? One that is only interested in his own skin. Pardew is a shameful apologist who cares not one bit about the club and won't step out of line one mm to get the tools he needs to do his job. It's not a job to him it's a gravy train.

Sums its up for me. Some sees him as a victim, some thinks he is a snake promoting Satan.

He is too deliberate in his manipulation of us fans and too keen to speak well of his pay masters.

His own fist punching ego and his livelihood were always going to be priorities  over the club and fans.

He goes around making out he's some kind of mini-Mourinho. It beggars belief.

The comparison with Souness makes far more sense. Another self promoting braggart who talked a good game but had no idea how to implement it.

He goes around making out he's some kind of mini-Mourinho. It beggars belief.

It clearly works considering a couple on here have likened him to Mourinho on a few occasions.

"Spars with the worlds best tactically." Absolute whitey.

Jesus H Christ

I've got 6 so far...

"thank God we are not in the Europa League again."

"I don't really care if Arsenal win 4-0"

""You have to pay a lot of respect to Mike, the owner here.  Our fans should thank him because we are not as affluent as some other clubs"

"This win is for Mike Ashley"

"I can’t say to you strong enough, Andy Carroll will not leave this football club in this window. 100 per cent."

"Shut yours!  You fucking old cunt!"

Need another 4.

:D

2 outstanding posts on pardew :thup:

this bit in bold is what gets me as he was at it all last season, not once, not fucking once did he try to affect change through better tactics, coaching or team selection...he was content just to follow the rut into oblivion all the while crying for reinforcements in janaury

Looking at his comments post-match, it sounds like he lost control of the squad rather than told them to hoof all game. It wouldn't come as a shock if what Wullie said was right, he got them too fired up, encouraged them to make it a frenzied game and, as a result, they lost all composure. It also wouldn't shock me if the squad were disorientated because our manager was sulking after the window debacle, I didn't think we'd win after hearing he was subdued in the press conference.

Whether it was tactics or his managing of temperaments, he failed big time and showed why he's an average manager.