Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Discussions fall apart usually when you come into them tbh.

:lol:

It's like you're in a constant battle to offer opposition to even the most basic common sense. Common sense is winning.

Neesy, fuck off. :pow:

Ronaldo, I don't know why you're obsessed with me being in opposition to anything. I was just adding a bit to the debate about the role of the manager. I know you would prefer to just state a pithy sentence about everything in your amazing style and just have the thread end there, but life's not like that on a forum.

It should be a fairly straightforward process -

Ashley - Confirms the budget available then keeps his nose out of it.

Pardew & Scout/s (Carr) - Decide on what players the squad needs, this doesn't mean what players we can just get on the cheap then worry about where they fit later.

Scout/s (Carr) - Looks for players he thinks are suitable for the squad needs and will fit into the budget.

Scout/s (Carr) - Reports back to Pardew with the players he thinks will fit the various criteria.

Scout/s (Carr) & Pardew - Watch the players a few more times so they can agree/disagree.

Then those they agree on we try and purchase, this is where it falls down though as we don't seem to have anyone to negotiate. The last bloke in charge of this was a useless moron who failed in both incoming and outgoing transfers.

Signing players now has to be a team effort. The days are gone when managers could be told 'this is your transfer budget, spend it how you like'.

The international nature of scouting, the negotiating with agents, the salary demands of players, the competition for the better players, the huge amounts of money that are involved, all mean that it needs more time and expertise than one man can acquire.

I'd agree that there's no point in signing a player who a manager doesn't want, but what generally seems to happen is a list of targets get drawn up, which is approved be the manager. Who the club ends up signing is then in the hands of others.

It should be a fairly straightforward process -

Ashley - Confirms the budget available then keeps his nose out of it.

Pardew & Scout/s (Carr) - Decide on what players the squad needs, this doesn't mean what players we can just get on the cheap then worry about where they fit later.

Scout/s (Carr) - Looks for players he thinks are suitable for the squad needs and will fit into the budget.

Scout/s (Carr) - Reports back to Pardew with the players he thinks will fit the various criteria.

Scout/s (Carr) & Pardew - Watch the players a few more times so they can agree/disagree.

Then those they agree on we try and purchase, this is where it falls down though as we don't seem to have anyone to negotiate. The last bloke in charge of this was a useless moron who failed in both incoming and outgoing transfers.

:thup:

Signing players now has to be a team effort. The days are gone when managers could be told 'this is your transfer budget, spend it how you like'.

The international nature of scouting, the negotiating with agents, the salary demands of players, the competition for the better players, the huge amounts of money that are involved, all mean that it needs more time and expertise than one man can acquire.

I'd agree that there's no point in signing a player who a manager doesn't want, but what generally seems to happen is a list of targets get drawn up, which is approved be the manager. Who the club ends up signing is then in the hands of others.

I also think that modern managers will have to learn to be more flexible with the players they end up getting. If they aren't exactly the one, or they don't fancy them, they need to get over it and get the best out of every player. When this doesn't happen it's the biggest weakness of the collective approach to buying players.

I also think that modern managers will have to learn to be more flexible with the players they end up getting. If they aren't exactly the one, or they don't fancy them, they need to get over it and get the best out of every player. When this doesn't happen it's the biggest weakness of the collective approach to buying players.

great that we have the absolute opposite type of manager to fit this scenario huh?

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-scrap-director-football-6859496

Newcastle United scrap director of football model as they plan for next season

Mar 21, 2014 10:10

By Mark Douglas

Newcastle United are ready to scrap the director of football model as they finally begin to construct plans for next season.

Alan Pardew has revealed United held their first transfer summit this week and have identified “realistic” transfer targets as the process of squad rebuilding starts in earnest.

A huge rebuilding job is set to take place in the summer with Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr working from a virtual clean slate in the close season.

They have been told they have a substantial transfer budget, although Pardew said any deals would need to “make sense financially”.

Equally interesting was Pardew’s insistence there have been “no discussions” on a new director of football and The Journal understands the club are understood have no plans in place to appoint a successor to Joe Kinnear. There are plans afoot to bring in a new managing-director in the summer, however.

The clearest indication yet of the club’s decision to proceed without another football executive – and Pardew in charge – is the fact the first round of transfer talks took this place.

Pardew said: “I’m pretty sure about what I think we need.

“We’ve started that process, started it last week, so the process of bringing players in here is now very much on-going.

“In terms of will I look at things before the end of the season, yes, I will, with certain players.”

“Myself, Graham Carr, Mike Ashley and our scouting team had a meeting and we have targets we need to put our minds on.

“In terms of realistic targets I think it’s fair to say they are. We need to present it to Mike at some stage that it makes sense financially. This club needs to wipe its nose.”

The immediate priority for Pardew is to get this season back on track, with the Newcastle boss acutely aware he needs to fulfil his pre-season objective of finishing in the top ten.

Serving the second match of his three-game stadium ban, he will watch Saturday’s match against Crystal Palace from the training ground.

Yesterday he invited local boys club bosses to the ground as part of his self-imposed penance for insulting Manchester City Manuel Pelligrini.

Despite saying he would learn from that, his transgression at Hull weeks later means he is not allowed into the stadium on Saturday, when John Carver will again take control.

Pardew added: “Of course I’ve watched games on the TV before and I get a fair indication of what the players are doing. I know my team so I’m getting a little bit back from the screen because I can read the body language from the pictures.

“The mood and the atmosphere is something I’m not getting so therefore I’m relying on John and the conversations I had with him we were pretty much of a similar view.”

Pardew also confirmed Newcastle may have top scorer Loic Remy back as early as next week. Hatem Ben Arfa will return to the fray this week while Davide Santon missed training with tonsilitis, which will allow Paul Dummett to continue.

http://www.thejournal.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/newcastle-united-scrap-director-football-6859496

By Mark Douglas

Newcastle United are ready to scrap the director of football model as they finally begin to construct plans for next season.

Alan Pardew has revealed

stopped here

Guest reefatoon

Ooohh we have identified "realistic" targets have we.  In other words, freebies and cheap French players.

However, Ben Arfa could start the fixture on the bench.

“I need weigh it up with everything else,” Newcastle manager Alan Pardew told the Gazette.

“Hatem needs to deliver. I’m concerned with his assists and his goals. He needs to produce for us.

“The last few games he’s played, there weren’t as many as there should have been. But I think his confidence is better, and I hope that part of it improves.”

Pardew is a total clueless bellend.

“I need weigh it up with everything else,” Newcastle manager Alan Pardew told the Gazette.

“Hatem needs to deliver. I’m concerned with his assists and his goals. He needs to produce for us.

“The last few games he’s played, there weren’t as many as there should have been. But I think his confidence is better, and I hope that part of it improves.”

Why not apply that logic to our striker : Shola

Guest reefatoon

Apart from the Fulham game when is the last time Shola played? It's not like Pardew even picks Shola any more.

Even though you said "Apart from the Fulham game"  Shola was in fact picked for that game and that was our last game, so maybe Pardew does.

Apart from the Fulham game when is the last time Shola played? It's not like Pardew even picks Shola any more.

Even though you said "Apart from the Fulham game"  Shola was in fact picked for that game and that was our last game, so maybe Pardew does.

He came on as a sub. Did Pardew bring him on or was it Carver's decision? We don't know. Why was Shola on the bench? We have a lot of injuries.

For all the real reasons there are to criticise Pardew I don't know why people make extra ones up.

Joint top assists in the PL for us.

The problem is he's joint top assists with Sissoko. Sissoko plays on the right of midfield which is Ben Arfa's best position by far.

Pardew doesn't understand top.

By Mark Douglas

Alan Pardew has revealed United held their first transfer summit this week and have identified “realistic” transfer targets as the process of squad rebuilding starts in earnest.

A huge rebuilding job is set to take place in the summer with Pardew and chief scout Graham Carr working from a virtual clean slate in the close season.

They have been told they have a substantial transfer budget, although Pardew said any deals would need to “make sense financially”.

Equally interesting was Pardew’s insistence there have been “no discussions” on a new director of football and The Journal understands the club are understood have no plans in place to appoint a successor to Joe Kinnear. There are plans afoot to bring in a new managing-director in the summer, however.

The clearest indication yet of the club’s decision to proceed without another football executive – and Pardew in charge – is the fact the first round of transfer talks took this place.

Pardew said: “I’m pretty sure about what I think we need.

“We’ve started that process, started it last week, so the process of bringing players in here is now very much on-going.

“In terms of will I look at things before the end of the season, yes, I will, with certain players.”

“Myself, Graham Carr, Mike Ashley and our scouting team had a meeting and we have targets we need to put our minds on.

“In terms of realistic targets I think it’s fair to say they are. We need to present it to Mike at some stage that it makes sense financially. This club needs to wipe its nose.”

The immediate priority for Pardew is to get this season back on track, with the Newcastle boss acutely aware he needs to fulfil his pre-season objective of finishing in the top ten.

Serving the second match of his three-game stadium ban, he will watch Saturday’s match against Crystal Palace from the training ground.

Yesterday he invited local boys club bosses to the ground as part of his self-imposed penance for insulting Manchester City Manuel Pelligrini.

Despite saying he would learn from that, his transgression at Hull weeks later means he is not allowed into the stadium on Saturday, when John Carver will again take control.

Pardew added: “Of course I’ve watched games on the TV before and I get a fair indication of what the players are doing. I know my team so I’m getting a little bit back from the screen because I can read the body language from the pictures.

“The mood and the atmosphere is something I’m not getting so therefore I’m relying on John and the conversations I had with him we were pretty much of a similar view.”

Pardew also confirmed Newcastle may have top scorer Loic Remy back as early as next week. Hatem Ben Arfa will return to the fray this week while Davide Santon missed training with tonsilitis, which will allow Paul Dummett to continue.

Heard it all before, we've heard it all before.  Funny how they start waffling on about transfer now, well in advance of the transfer window opening.  I wonder if the cancellation of season tickets has fired a rat up their arses.

Its the same old same old.  I dont know how Pardew can look at himself in the mirror.

Pardew is a total clueless bellend.

Is this guy fucking serious? Or is he just trolling us? I cannot fathom the assholery on display here. He doesn't deserve a player of HBA's quality, this two-bit loser fuckwit. Go manage Bolton, you piece of shit.