Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Probably my favourite player, yeah he strikes me as a bit precious, however a good manager would understand this and treat the player with the confidence he needs. Bashing him in the papers every time you need to take the heat off yourself is doing no one any favours. Wasting a talent that could easily make his job a lot easier and devaluing him as an asset to the club. Clueless bastard, but I've come to expect nothing less from Alan Fuckwitt Pardew.

Selling the problem on rather than doing his job and managing it. We've been here before and ended up a weaker team as a result. Same thing's going to happen when Ben Arfa inevitably moves and plays for a proper manager.

Mercurial talents are what make football great, man.

Some do themselves a favour (Zlatan), some don't and end up at clubs well below the level they should be at.

But football is about entertainment, especially when you support a mid table team with no chance of winning the league, and I would rather watch HBA play 1 good game in 5 than watch Gouffran or somebody like that who will work hard and score the ood goal. And the reason why is that I know that if I see Ben Arfa play on a good day or even if he does one outstanding thing in a game, that I'll remember that performance or thing and still be talking about it in 5 years time, while if Gouffran scores a goal tomorrow, I will have forgotten about it in a few weeks.

Some do themselves a favour (Zlatan), some don't and end up at clubs well below the level they should be at.

But football is about entertainment, especially when you support a mid table team with no chance of winning the league, and I would rather watch HBA play 1 good game in 5 than watch Gouffran or somebody like that who will work hard and score the ood goal. And the reason why is that I know that if I see Ben Arfa play on a good day or even if he does one outstanding thing in a game, that I'll remember that performance or thing and still be talking about it in 5 years time, while if Gouffran scores a goal tomorrow, I will have forgotten about it in a few weeks.

Ignoring the Gouffran stuff because I love him (plus I think he is playing out of position) I agree. I would start Ben Arfa every game without doubt. It isn't his quality I doubt, I just think he has a long history of being quite a difficult character and isn't quite as good as some believe.

I suppose we will see how others in the game rate him by where he ends up. If others rated him as highly as some Newcastle fans I reckon he would have already moved on.

Just can't help but feel he is doing himself an injustice.

:thup: he's one of those players that gets you off your seat, makes you shout yourself horse with some amazing skill, those things don't happen enough for us, there's only Remy these days and Cisse in that first half season he played that really got me going in a match.

Hate these grinding down games with a passion, I don't want to watch an Allardyce Bolton, a Pulis relegation battling team or the like, I want to see a swashbuckling Keegan team or a Sir Bobby attacking with flair team, even Hughton's Championship winning side was more enjoyable to watch than this turgid shite we are dished every week.

Just sick of his shit and the problems with Ben Arfa just personify everything that is wrong with the current setup.

I'm pretty much on the same page Yorkie tbh, I love Ben Arfa and if what Douglas is saying is correct and Pardew didn't fancy him from the off, it's just and indictment of how much of a f***ing moron he is

@MsiDouglas:  Yeah, I tend to think that. Pardew been sceptical from day 1 IMO"

In a convo about HBA on twitter. f***ing riles me hearing s*** like this, really does

Getting HBA signed up to a permanent contract was supposedly one of the first things Pardew did when he became manager. Strange thing to do if he had doubts about him.

He probably thought his "bit of magic" would be enough to mask the fact that he hasn't got a clue how to use a player like him.

It probably would be if he'd let him have a decent run in the side.

Or he could have made his mind up two years ago and ditched him then. But then I guess Obertan didn't work out as well as he'd hoped.

Ignoring the Gouffran stuff because I love him (plus I think he is playing out of position) I agree. I would start Ben Arfa every game without doubt. It isn't his quality I doubt, I just think he has a long history of being quite a difficult character and isn't quite as good as some believe.

I suppose we will see how others in the game rate him by where he ends up. If others rated him as highly as some Newcastle fans I reckon he would have already moved on.

Pardew is doing a shite job with Ben Arfa, other clubs showing an interest in him or not doesn't change that.  Ben Arfa isn't doing himself justice and he never will if he's not playing games.

Souness always had similar misgivings towards Robert, just not a natural grafter.

Souness also tried to mould a young David Dunn into such a player. Used to blab on about Dunn not doing this & that (defensively).

I recall Dunn killing us at Ewood, with a masterful play makers performance, and Souness picked on him re: tricks & impromptu flicks. He killed Dunn at Blackburn, demovitated him. Similar scenario has played out here imo, re: Pardoo & Ben Arfa

Pardoo is cut from the same cloth. It's a crime against football when cretins like these guys are allowed anywhere mercurial talents.

Pardew is doing a shite job with Ben Arfa, other clubs showing an interest in him or not doesn't change that.  Ben Arfa isn't doing himself justice and he never will if he's not playing games.

I completely agree. I actually think it is worse than the Souness vs Robert/Bellamy stuff.

I completely agree. I actually think it is worse than the Souness vs Robert/Bellamy stuff.

Steady on, man, they were two players with a track record of turning mediocrity into Champions League finishes all by themselves, and they left the club for a combined £6m - the stuff of complete and utter madness. Bellamy was our best player and top PL scorer by far when he was frozen out. Robert had just had the season of his life when it happened to him.

Steady on, man, they were two players with a track record of turning mediocrity into Champions League finishes all by themselves, and they left the club for a combined £6m - the stuff of complete and utter madness. Bellamy was our best player and top PL scorer by far when he was frozen out. Robert had just had the season of his life when it happened to him.

Great players no doubt but utter bollocks to suggest they transformed the mediocrity into the Champions league by themselves.  You do yourself no favours sometimes. Or actually maybe you do.

Guest neesy111

Bellamy + Robert allowed us to play a complete new style of football which helped our current players back then immensely. 

Which other signings did we make to go from 11th to 4th?

I'm not saying they're solely responsible for the finish, but they are solely responsible for the improvement.

Elliott. :yao:

Second half of the season though, Distin at left-back was a massive upgrade to Wayne Quinn the season before and Elliott the first half a season. Him and Robert had a decent understanding. Still bitter as f*** we just didn't give him what he wanted to sign Titus b****** Bramble. Distin & Woodgate a year later would have been an immense pairing.

I'm not saying they're solely responsible for the finish, but they are solely responsible for the improvement.

Elliott. :yao:

Second half of the season though, Distin at left-back was a massive upgrade to Wayne Quinn the season before and Elliott the first half a season. Him and Robert had a decent understanding. Still bitter as f*** we just didn't give him what he wanted to sign Titus b****** Bramble. Distin & Woodgate a year later would have been an immense pairing.

You can't really include woodgate in immense partnership to be honest, he was always injured

I'd say the manager had something to do with it somewhat.