Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

I really wish a big snake would eat Pardew...

During his press conference.

That'd finally be a big-snake movie worth watching.

You could call the movie "Alan and the Anaconda"

Serious question tho, do snakes eat other snakes?

I really wish a big snake would eat Pardew...

During his press conference.

That'd finally be a big-snake movie worth watching.

You could call the movie "Alan and the Anaconda"

Serious question tho, do snakes eat other snakes?

They do. Parents eat their kids at times. Serious answer, btw.

Why not apply that logic to our striker : Shola

Apart from the Fulham game when is the last time Shola played? It's not like Pardew even picks Shola any more.

I agree with you, Shola has only made 21 appearances this season when Carver has been standing in for Pardew.  :lol:

Trivial point but it really winds me up when he says "my fans" as did in an interview on Radio Newcastle earlier.  It is something he often says and I am sure he means to say "our" but I always find myself shouting back at the radio "I am not your fan".

Trivial point but it really winds me up when he says "my fans" as did in an interview on Radio Newcastle earlier.  It is something he often says and I am sure he means to say "our" but I always find myself shouting back at the radio "I am not your fan".

:lol: I know. "My fans". Like he's Beyonce or something.

How is he supposed to up his assist rate without a run in the bastard team. Tell him hes amazing everyday, tell the fucking press Ben arfa is amazing everytime you talk to them and hell regain his confidence and be back to his best. Why does he never slate cisse but is always on Ben arfas back. Fucking wanker.

I can understand people not liking Ben Arfa as much as I do; I'll always have my favourites and I'll admit I can go to lengths to defend them.

But the treatment, on the whole, of the bloke is beyond argument. It's a complete joke. Aye he missed a sitter at Norwich but was the best player on the park by some distance. Then the Mackems happened (again), where everyone was terrible, including him. At least from what I saw of it.

He's always at the top of the list when there's a reactionary 'things must change' drop. It's ridiculous.

It's pointless him being here, like. I really wonder what he thinks of his time here, deep down. I wonder how much he regrets it. Embarrassing.

I can understand people not liking Ben Arfa as much as I do; I'll always have my favourites and I'll admit I can go to lengths to defend them.

But the treatment, on the whole, of the bloke is beyond argument. It's a complete joke. Aye he missed a sitter at Norwich but was the best player on the park by some distance. Then the Mackems happened (again), where everyone was terrible, including him. At least from what I saw of it.

He's always at the top of the list when it comes to there being a reactionary 'things must change' drop. It's ridiculous.

It's pointless him being here, like. I really wonder what he thinks of his time here, deep down. I wonder how much he regrets it. Embarrassing.

We gave him a chance when no-one else would touch him with a bargepole tbf. The only club seriously linked at the time was Werder Bremen and they plumped for an unknown Brazilian kid instead. The injury didn't help, second half of the 2011-12 season he was unplayable, the rest is 50/50 Pardew & Ben Arfa's fault imo. Pardew should be using him more but HBA does himself no favours at times.

He's always at the top of the list when it comes to there being a reactionary 'things must change' drop. It's ridiculous.

We gave him a chance when no-one else would touch him with a bargepole tbf. The only club seriously linked at the time was Werder Bremen and they plumped for an unknown Brazilian kid instead. The injury didn't help, second half of the 2011-12 season he was unplayable, the rest is 50/50 Pardew & Ben Arfa's fault imo. Pardew should be using him more but HBA does himself no favours at times.

It's not just the man-management aspect, though. It's Pardew's management of the team on the whole. If the guy had the first fucking clue how to use his players; if he had an idea of how to establish a footballing philosophy within the club - Ben Arfa would be one of the first names on the teamsheet, even on days that he couldn't be arsed (not that he's guilty of those days any more than anyone else, imo).

Ben Arfa has been victim number 1 when it comes to Pardew's shitty 'deal with the opposition before we make them deal with us' mantra.

I used the word reactionary in that post, but that's a compliment to Pardew. Beyond that ^ mantra, the guy makes it up as he goes along.

@MsiDouglas:  Yeah, I tend to think that. Pardew been sceptical from day 1 IMO"

In a convo about HBA on twitter. f***ing riles me hearing s*** like this, really does

I call BS on that. AP saw HBA as his magic meal ticket and also saw him as the easiest scapegoat he's got. He'll wax lyrical about him when he plays well, and when other players don't perform, esp in the defensive department - those who are actually in the team to either defend or graft or that would be considered their better skills, don't play well, they don't get bollocked in the press - its HBA who get's sent out the team.

I'll defend and slag HBA when it's due - but AP is talking more nonsense as usual.

Agree with most of this and have said many times Pardew seemed to get the best out of him then decided to fuck about with it so the blame lies with him.

I do have concerns about Ben Arfa's temperament though. He's 27 and hasn't to my knowledge been at a club where there haven't been problems and he has fallen out with the manager. Even that Clairefontaine documentary thing had him kicking off. He seems a little precious/needy/will perform when he wants to rather than having the will to perform every game.

He is obviously a special talent but I can't help but feel he is a bit Anelka like in his belief of his own importance.

Agree with most of this and have said many times Pardew seemed to get the best out of him then decided to fuck about with it so the blame lies with him.

I do have concerns about Ben Arfa's temperament though. He's 27 and hasn't to my knowledge been at a club where there haven't been problems and he has fallen out with the manager. Even that Clairefontaine documentary thing had him kicking off. He seems a little precious/needy/will perform when he wants to rather than having the will to perform every game.

He is obviously a special talent but I can't help but feel he is a bit Anelka like in his belief of his own importance.

The same Anelka who's scored well over 100 Premier League goals, aye? :pow:

Special talent + temperamental bastards are fucking everywhere and have been since the dawn of the game. Some work under decent managers and have successful careers.

The same Anelka who's scored well over 100 Premier League goals, aye? :pow:

Special talent + temperamental bastards are fucking everywhere and have been since the dawn of the game. Some work under decent managers and have successful careers.

No doubting Anelka's talent, it still hurts we didn't push the boat out rather than get Owen but as with Ben Arfa, Anelka could have had a much better career if he and his agents (brothers iirc) didn't start being silly, he signed for Bolton fucking Wanderers when he should have been in his prime ffs! :lol:

I'm pretty much on the same page Yorkie tbh, I love Ben Arfa and if what Douglas is saying is correct and Pardew didn't fancy him from the off, it's just and indictment of how much of a f***ing moron he is

In a convo about HBA on twitter. f***ing riles me hearing s*** like this, really does

Getting HBA signed up to a permanent contract was supposedly one of the first things Pardew did when he became manager. Strange thing to do if he had doubts about him.

I'm pretty much on the same page Yorkie tbh, I love Ben Arfa and if what Douglas is saying is correct and Pardew didn't fancy him from the off, it's just and indictment of how much of a f***ing moron he is

Getting HBA signed up to a permanent contract was supposedly one of the first things Pardew did when he became manager. Strange thing to do if he had doubts about him.

He probably thought his "bit of magic" would be enough to mask the fact that he hasn't got a clue how to use a player like him.

It probably would be if he'd let him have a decent run in the side.

The audacity of the man to write off players with genuine talent, he can't coach genuinely quality players ffs. HBA has issues development wise but I'd hedge my bets he'd be doing better under someone who can actually coach and develop players. Just the same old same old with this bafoon.