Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Fact? Why didn't you say so before!! You've just convinced me that every single thing Pardew ever says or ever does is designed to bring about the destruction of Newcastle United, and that on no single issue is he ever in any way even slightly correct. Cheers

This is only to counteract people like you who say that everything Pardew ever says or ever does is designed to bring about the resurgence of a trophy winning Newcastle United, and that on no single issue is he ever in any way even slightly wrong. And that's why you're wrong.

Mick, you'll find the straw man kings are anti-Pardew.

I've never seen anyone here argue that Pardew is entirely good or that he's the future of the club. Ever. What I have seen are people taking issue with the most extreme criticism of him. Not even trying to support him, just arguing that, here and there, on one or two issues, he might not be a complete idiot. Even that, though, is not tolerated.

Well of course you wouldn't have, because you're wrong.

Fact? Why didn't you say so before!! You've just convinced me that every single thing Pardew ever says or ever does is designed to bring about the destruction of Newcastle United, and that on no single issue is he ever in any way even slightly correct. Cheers

This is only to counteract people like you who say that everything Pardew ever says or ever does is designed to bring about the resurgence of a trophy winning Newcastle United, and that on no single issue is he ever in any way even slightly wrong. And that's why you're wrong.

Mick, you'll find the straw man kings are anti-Pardew.

I've never seen anyone here argue that Pardew is entirely good or that he's the future of the club. Ever. What I have seen are people taking issue with the most extreme criticism of him. Not even trying to support him, just arguing that, here and there, on one or two issues, he might not be a complete idiot. Even that, though, is not tolerated.

What's the point of arguing 2% is good when 98% is shite?

Who gives a fuck, man? :lol:

He's proven shite.

Guest tollemache

If 98.5% shite is what you think is correct, then you should say 98.5% shite.

But yes, who gives a fuck, let's dispense with the idea of thinking one thing or another and just get on with hating Pardew all the time and in all ways.

If 98.5% s**** is what you think is correct, then you should say 98.5% s****.

But yes, who gives a f***, let's dispense with the idea of thinking one thing or another and just get on with hating Pardew all the time and in all ways.

:lol:

Me and Mick basically saying the same thing :thup:

Just don't see the point of your argument at all. He's shit, why bother trying to convince someone you've never met that he's ever so slightly less shit than they think he is? :lol:

Pardew is killing football for me and I'll not apologise for shouting down his supporters who help keep him here by supporting him.

Yeah, but surely there's a better way of going about disagreeing than you routinely see in this thread? The general way in which a forum works mean you'll get differing opinions and if you've come here for debate then that's something you should relish rather than resist, it would be rubbish if everyone just agreed. I don't agree with Ian that often but he carries himself in a decent manner and doesn't go on like a total arsehole to people yet he gets some shocking - and unfunny- treatment back. It's unnecessary.

You go through the last hundred pages of this thread and there'll be tonnes of posts that are just ridicule or insults. If you've got nothing good to say, don't say anything at all, it's not like it's hard to ignore someone if they're irritating you. The majority of people on here - I assume - are blokes in their 20s and above, you'd like to think people would be a little more mature and wouldn't use the club's situation as some sort of cover to carry on in a daft fashion.

Guest tollemache

Just don't see the point of your argument at all. He's shit, why bother trying to convince someone you've never met that he's ever so slightly less shit than they think he is? :lol:

Because it's the Alan Pardew thread in a Newcastle United forum.

A thread dedicated to the detailed discussion of Alan Pardew, in a forum dedicated to the detailed discussion of Newcastle United.

Unless I'm missing something pretty big, the idea of it is that we debate and discuss issues related to Alan Pardew, in the wider context of Newcastle United.

Just don't see the point of your argument at all. He's s***, why bother trying to convince someone you've never met that he's ever so slightly less s*** than they think he is? :lol:

A thread dedicated to the detailed discussion of Alan Pardew, in a forum dedicated to the detailed discussion of Newcastle United.

Unless I'm missing something pretty big, the idea of it is that we debate and discuss issues related to Alan Pardew, in the wider context of Newcastle United.

You'd be best off taking up another sport, one with plenty of happy clappers. Maybe Tennis.

problem with the facts argument, if you took it to the extreme, is that they'd probably prove pardew isn't that shite on paper

we know he's shite due to the intangible things that can't be measured such as deploying attacking/technically good players in defensive formations forcing us to struggle against the worst teams in the league time and again - most of know if martinez had his hands on our players he'd be doing a better job for the long term of the club but there's no fact that proves it

we know he's shite because at the first sign of trouble (injuries/sales/suspensions) he panics like fuck, players people all over the place and we end up getting shat on time and again

so tollemache can bleat on about facts, perhaps he should start with pardiola's record vs the mackems and his breaking the clubs PL losing streak record (which he's got a good chance of beating this season)...but then we'll be countered with a win at OT vs. the the worst manyoo team in what 25+ years?

there's more but i can't be arsed

was exactly the same when we finished 5th, people didn't want to hear about the impending catastrophe that was coming because of his woeful marginal style of management

So any reasons why he's not shit then? I'd like to see you at least try to make some up.

Trollemache, what exactly do you think Pardew has done correctly? What do you think are his good points as a manager? What do you think about him pushing his head into the face of another player? Let's hear your opinion.

I really don't want to get tagged as a Pardew sympathiser here, I just think he's a bog standard average Premier League manager - if you look at some stats, how about win percentages:

Pardew (NUFC only) - 38.46%

Bruce - 37.54%

Martinez - 39.82%

Pochettino (Soton only) - 38.89%

Not much in it really.

Another fact worthy of consideration is that he's had to operate with by far the lowest transfer budget of any Premier League club:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

That's 140 million less than Villa, 136 million less than Stoke and even 95 million less than the mackems, all of who we're currently above in the league.

Despite all of this I would still like to see him sacked btw.

I really don't want to get tagged as a Pardew sympathiser here, I just think he's a bog standard average Premier League manager - if you look at some stats, how about win percentages:

Bruce - 37.54%

Martinez - 39.82%

Not much in it really.

Another fact worthy of consideration is that he's had to operate with by far the lowest transfer budget of any Premier League club:

http://www.transferleague.co.uk/league-tables/transfer-league-table-last-five-seasons.html

That's 140 million less than Villa, 136 million less than Stoke and even 95 million less than the mackems, all of who we're currently above in the league.

You're comparing him with Bruce & Martinez who have predominantly managed relegation threatened teams. His similar win percentage shows exactly where we'll end up.

Bruce - 37.54%

Martinez - 39.82%

Not much in it really.

What does any of this actually mean though?

Guest tollemache

I am loving this. "The problem with the 'facts' argument is..."

Seriously: are we debating whether or not we should be using facts