Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Why would Moyes want to come here? Even at Everton he was on big wages (that Ashley wouldn't match) and had full control of everything throughout the club.

His reputation has taken a beating, the top teams wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. If it's between us, Villa, West Ham, Norwich etc then I'd say there's a chance.

Don't see a reason why he can't find a decent sized club in the Bundesliga with a lot more ambition than us.

Don't get me wrong I'd be ecstatic with him I just don't see it happening.

Moyes is interested in working in Germany apparently:

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/472601/EXCLUSIVE-David-Moyes-to-return-to-management-in-Germany-after-Man-Utd-sacking

Wouldn't blame him tbh - any job is going to be a step down for him, at least in a different league he can start with a clean slate.

Wasn't there talk before he took the Man Utd job that that's what he wanted to do anyway?

Why would Moyes want to come here? Even at Everton he was on big wages (that Ashley wouldn't match) and had full control of everything throughout the club.

His reputation has taken a beating, the top teams wouldn't touch him with a barge pole. If it's between us, Villa, West Ham, Norwich etc then I'd say there's a chance.

Thats the size of it from what they were saying, they said that it was rumoured Tottenham were in for him but in reality they showed no interest.

what else were they saying mate? has he been contacted etc?

They didn't go so far as to say that but they did say that they expect to see a change and it would be Moyes job if he wanted it.  They also picked up on the Germany thing but said that they could not see that happening.

The only argument against that they said was that it might be to soon for him, it will spend on how he recovers from his sacking.

:D

I want to see us humped in the face tbh.

Anything to expedite the termination of this fraud's tenure and salvage the waning careers of our more technically able players is fine by me. Give me a 10-0 defeat and I'll be fucking delighted if it puts this lying coward even one step closer to the exit door.

:D

I want to see us humped in the face tbh.

Anything to expedite the termination of this fraud's tenure and salvage the waning careers of our more technically able players is fine by me. Give me a 10-0 defeat and I'll be fucking delighted if it puts this lying coward even one step closer to the exit door.

Even if he doesn't get sacked, I would still want to see us getting a good hiding. If only to make Ashley and Pardew squirm a bit  more.

Nah. Moyes is clearly a better manager and, above all, he's much less of a despicable w*****.

I did say he was an improvement, so you're agreeing with me :p He wouldn't be able to work with Marveaux, Ben Arfa for a start. We'd see less 0-3s+ and more 1-1s, 0-1s, but it'd be the same dross football.

Moyes is Pardew Mk2 in almost every way. An improvement, but it's going to be just as frustrating.

This is simply not right, Moyes is a cautious manager I agree, but he's cautious and able to actually set up a football team, to organise them, to get a defence organised, to play players in their correct places, to have a gameplan.

Everton were fairly easy on the eye when he left, he'd have a good squad as a starting point with us so I see no reason why it would be as horrific as his early Everton days personally.

He doesn't deserve comparison to Pardew imho, he's earned more than that in his career.

Moyes is Pardew Mk2 in almost every way. An improvement, but it's going to be just as frustrating.

This is simply not right, Moyes is a cautious manager I agree, but he's cautious and able to actually set up a football team, to organise them, to get a defence organised, to play players in their correct places, to have a gameplan.

Everton were fairly easy on the eye when he left, he'd have a good squad as a starting point with us so I see no reason why it would be as horrific as his early Everton days personally.

He doesn't deserve comparison to Pardew imho, he's earned more than that in his career.

Moyes is better without a doubt, but I just don't think he's the man to threaten the top clubs. He's an old fashioned manager at heart with no experience outside of English football. No coincidence for me that our two most successful managers Robson and Keegan had a lot of experience of football abroad. He'll suit Ashley down to the ground though as he'll not have much ambition to threaten the top clubs anyway.

:thup:

Should probably be something in the OP about him basically keeping the mackems up 2 seasons running with the points he's gifted them.

Admin has permission to pinch my sig :lol:

I think most people are just fed up of the awful, boring, defensive minded football we've been served up the last few years so every one favours a manager who's going to bring excitement. Moyes is a good manager but the football isn't going to get the pulses racing at all and he won't get to choose the players we sign (if we sign any at all).

I'd welcome him though. I'd welcome any one not named Alan Pardew.

:thup:

Threaten the top clubs? Howay man :lol:

Guest bimpy474

A conversation about Moyes and Pardew being similar is mental, Moyes is a million times better than Pardew, a million.