Alan '48 points' Pardew

Nobody
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Took a lot of credit for the wins but now needs to take the blame for two very soft defeats, needs to learn how to utilize the whole team and change things around.

Sunday, not imo.

Today, definitely. That was tripe.

“West Brom sort of let us have possession today and we had a lot of it and we controlled the game to a degree.

“A few breakaways they had but other than that I felt confident that we would win the game…but the sending off did change it of course.

“Unfortunately, I think it was a red (Debuchy) and then it was uphill and after the amount of games we got tired and we had injuries as well; we had to keep shuffling our team and in the end something give.”

:lol:

Nothing wrong with that... Saw the same game as I did today... Could only be faulted for his opening line up...

Nothing wrong with that?

Apart from us not looking like we'd win before the red card and us being tired because of the number of games we've played and him saying the same before picking virtually the same team, is that what you mean?

Yep... Red card changed the game... We tired with the ten men... Shouldn't of started Shola and rested Gouffran and Sissoko if possible but we've not much quality to pick from looking at the bench...

Yep... Red card changed the game... We tired with the ten men... Shouldn't of started Shola and rested Gouffran and Sissoko if possible but we've not much quality to pick from looking at the bench...

Which bench are you on about?

Which bench are you on about?

You've lost me?...

You've lost me?...

You said "we've not much quality to pick from looking at the bench." Which bench?  The one I saw had Cisse, Ben Arfa, Anita, Yanga-Mbiwa, Taylor and Haidara on it.

It's honestly pointless getting excited about anything with this plank in charge, as we will never achieve anything with this clown in place. Even if Ashley spent multi-milions this prick would play negative football. How many times since he has been in charge have we totally dominated games over the 90 minutes? The best you will see is 45 minutes of remotely decent attacking football and today fully illustrated how much of a fraud he is with his team selection.

The one missing link within the chain is a total playmaker in the middle of the park but that is not the Pardew way and he will continue to play either a negative 3 of Tiote, Cabaye (who is not a playmaker) and Anita or Tiote and Cabaye playing as a central midfield just in front of the back four. Sissoko is not a winger and Gouffran is not a winger but he plays them there as they are good at tracking back. He will go back to type against Man City with 3 in the middle, Sissoko and Gouffran under their strict defensive duties in tow and Remy isolated up front; as Man City just play around until they score in a comfortable afternoon. He will then send on the 3 musketeers at different intervals and resort to hoof ball once more.

This bloke pisses me off no end, we have some talented individuals at this club who are being totally played against their capabilities. Can anyone really wonder why they want to better themselves and leave it's a no brainer with this idiot. But of course it's job done with the bloke at the top in charge 8 - 17th finish and no real interest in cups makes him a happy man.

You've lost me?...

You said "we've not much quality to pick from looking at the bench." Which bench?  The one I saw had Cisse, Ben Arfa, Anita, Yanga-Mbiwa, Taylor and Haidara on it.

3 of them are defenders which 2 he used but I couldn't argue him keeping the same back 4... Anita is central midfield which was our best department today so couldn't argue with that... Up front I said I wouldn't of played Shola which removes Cisse from the bench also... I'd of liked to of seen a front 3 of Remy Cisse HBA...

He made the HBA change at HT with us looking the better team but before he could get into his stride Colo got injured and Debuchy foolishly red carded...

The blame more lies with HBA not shooting at the end and two bad touches by Remy when put through twice... You can't just keep blaming everything on someone not on the pitch...

You've lost me?...

3 of them are defenders which 2 he used but I couldn't argue him keeping the same back 4... Anita is central midfield which was our best department today so couldn't argue with that... Up front I said I wouldn't of played Shola which removes Cisse from the bench also... I'd of liked to of seen a front 3 of Remy Cisse HBA...

He made the HBA change at HT with us looking the better team but before he could get into his stride Colo got injured and Debuchy foolishly red carded...

The blame more lies with HBA not shooting at the end and two bad touches by Remy when put through twice... You can't just keep blaming everything on someone not on the pitch...

That implies we did enough to win the game and were unfortunate.  We didn't and we weren't.  People were saying similar after Swansea and Southampton, but a couple of missed chances don't make a performance acceptable or worthy of a win.

You've lost me?...

You've lost me?...

You've lost me?...

That implies we did enough to win the game and were unfortunate.  We didn't and we weren't.  People were saying similar after Swansea and Southampton, but a couple of missed chances don't make a performance acceptable or worthy of a win.

Surely in that case it's the players who do the performing is where you are laying the blame at then?...

You've lost me?...

Surely in that case it's the players who do the performing is where you are laying the blame at then?...

Eh, seriously?

You've lost me?...

Eh, seriously?

You criticised the performances... The players are the ones who do the performing... I don't see what's hard to understand...

I'm gathering you lie the the blame elsewhere... So out of interest in basic % terms how much % do you blame the players today and how much % do you blame AP?...

You criticised the performances... The players are the ones who do the performing... I don't see what's hard to understand...

I'm gathering you lie the the blame elsewhere... So out of interest in basic % terms how much % do you blame the players today and how much % do you blame AP?...

For me players 30%, manager 70%.

You've lost me?...

Eh, seriously?

Our outlook on matches is what I was criticising, I don't blame the players for that much at all but obviously they have some responsibility for how they perform.

We'll get back to the old "Is Pardew instructing them to play negatively at certain periods of the game or do the players decide to do it of their own accord?" argument again, which we should really avoid because nobody really knows the truth and nobody ever wins - I think I know what's far more likely based on who the manager is and years of watching football but that's not tangible evidence I suppose.

Wow... But fair play to you for giving a straight answer...

We were setup to fail, he said himself that players were tired and that he needed to make changes.  The only change he made was to drop Anita who hadn't played too much and brought in a statue who played the way he normally plays so nobody should be surprised at that.

Think Pardew could maybe have done things differently to effect the result today, but don't want to wholeheartedly blame the chap, considering the form we have had over the 10 games  prior to today. People going OTT with their reactions in my opinion.

Weird the massive swings in our fortunes under Pardew. For a while we were fucking pants against the better teams, constantly lying down for them. Beating the shite kept us going. Last year we lost to nearly everyone of course, and now this year we're generally doing really well against the top teams and losing to the likes of Hull, Sunderland and West Brom.

Weird the massive swings in our fortunes under Pardew. For a while we were f***ing pants against the better teams, constantly lying down for them. Beating the s**** kept us going. Last year we lost to nearly everyone of course, and now this year we're generally doing really well against the top teams and losing to the likes of Hull, Sunderland and West Brom.

Self motivation is far easier against the better team, a lack of confidence could easily lead to being beaten off them.

Weird the massive swings in our fortunes under Pardew. For a while we were f***ing pants against the better teams, constantly lying down for them. Beating the s**** kept us going. Last year we lost to nearly everyone of course, and now this year we're generally doing really well against the top teams and losing to the likes of Hull, Sunderland and West Brom.

Self motivation is far easier against the better team, a lack of confidence could easily lead to being beaten off them.

Think is pretty much it.

I've said it before, but the club has no intention of challenging for the top 6 as things stand. With sensible investment this window (and some luck), it's something we could break into - but I believe that Ashley will be happy enough for us to finish where we are. High enough to say we gave it a reasonable go, but also in no danger of qualifying for Europe. We'll know more about the ambition at the end of this month, as in who comes in but maybe's also - who is sold.