Swansea City 3 - 0 Newcastle United - 04/12/13 - post-match reaction from p37

Dave

p*ss POOR

So typical of Newcastle under Alan Pardew. Aye, bad night at the office but no excuse for poor tactics and shocking subs.

not sure about shocking tactics. similar tactics to two years ago to a similar style swansea and most were happy after that saying we got it right, shite execution when we had the ball though was the big difference.

This is one of the reasons I moan like f*** about our negative tactics when we have the chance to crush teams. We never build on our good play and go into the next match full of confidence. We should be brimming with confidence, and relishing a match against an open, attacking, passing side.

We've been timid as f*** tonight, not like a team that won the last four.

Absolutely bang on.

Something I always ask: when was the last time we truly went for the jugular against a team under Pardew?

Indeed.

Still some people on here goes on like everything is perfect  :lol:

As soon as anything other than Pardews "plan" happening we are f***ed. Just nothing we can do or change to come back.

and some will go on like we are bottom of league 2 having been beaten 10-0 of St Bessies blind girl school.

Did you miss last season when we almost got relegated and stayed up by the grease on our balls? Nothing has changed, same shit tactics, same shit subs.

Guest DebuchyAndTheBeast

We were too passive in the first half and the goal before half time really harmed us. Swansea had the proper players to counter us and it worked. Of course just when we needed Cisse or  Ben Arfa we have a Sammy or Obertan as attacking options.

Garbage. Played like a team that just lost four in a row, which is fairly pathetic.

Reminded me of Southampton away last year. Could tell pretty early we were getting nowt due to how completely outplayed we were all over the park.

It's like people said against WB, it was ball to hand, then again it's ball to hand for Remy, it's fucking dam right cheating and awful officiating! Then someone nuts out player then scores and our fans turn against our players! Joke! It wasn't deserved that scoreline. Yes they played the pretty football but created nothing till Krul's mess. I'm not being too down hearted, still class within this team.

p*ss POOR

So typical of Newcastle under Alan Pardew. Aye, bad night at the office but no excuse for poor tactics and shocking subs.

not sure about shocking tactics. similar tactics to two years ago to a similar style swansea and most were happy after that saying we got it right, shite execution when we had the ball though was the big difference.

Similar tactics. :lol:

Just because you keep saying something doesn't make it true. We never started 4-4-2 and kicked it long at Shola in that game, I don't need to watch it again to know that.

This is one of the reasons I moan like fuck about our negative tactics when we have the chance to crush teams. We never build on our good play and go into the next match full of confidence. We should be brimming with confidence, and relishing a match against an open, attacking, passing side.

We've been timid as fuck tonight, not like a team that won the last four.

That's just how a Pardew team sets itself up, every single game ever. It does work sometimes, if the attacking players can provide a credible threat (i.e. magic) without disrupting the setup/formation/shape too much. Today, it was obvious that we just didn't know how to get through the Swansea defence, especially after they set themselves up to defend their lead. Do we have a Plan B to deal with that? Fuck no!

Guest bimpy474

Obertan shouldn't get on before Derek Wright he's that bad. How he gets on the bench ahead of any of our kids is a scandal.

Pards is s***. End of story.

I could understand him ditching the 4-3-3 previously, as it was a formation you never felt was his thing.

But the 4-4-2? That we were just settling so well into? Why the f*** would he do that? After 5 mins?

The guy has no guts, period. Bottles it all the time, and never holds his nerve.

No Bony or michu, and in fact no strikers at all, and we concede 3?!

Mental s***.

34% :lol:

As if it matters, we had less against Chelsea and Tottenham.

Nowhere near as bad as the score suggests and Webb is f*cking inept how does he still get games?

Most flattering scoreline you will see all season, no way in hell was it a 3-0 game.

But its not really surprising we lost, this type of football isn't sustainable.

Everton have a go and win at Man Utd, we will defend for 70 mins and lose.....oh how we need a different manager,

I hate Pardew as much as you but we beat Chelsea about 3 weeks ago :lol:

A rare example of his usual tactics coming off. Tonight, and on most occassions, it didn't fucking WORK!

It's like people said against WB, it was ball to hand, then again it's ball to hand for Remy, it's f***ing dam right cheating and awful officiating! Then someone nuts out player then scores and our fans turn against our players! Joke! It wasn't deserved that scoreline. Yes they played the pretty football but created nothing till Krul's mess. I'm not being too down hearted, still class within this team.

The scoreline wasn't deserved, the defeat was and we get the same points for 0-1 or 0-2 as we do for 0-3.

What amazes me about Pardew is that he clearly can't see that having to change things so drastically during a game can't possibly be easy. Sending them out to defend then having to change it all around when the opposition score first (not exactly a remote possibility) can't be simple. The players must wonder what the fuck they're meant to be doing.

The same goes for when we play well in the first half etc and the 'no more goals' wank comes out, like against Norwich. Stop attacking now lads, it'll be easy. I just don't see how.