Manchester United

Mr. Snrub
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

IMO the gloss of being Man Utd./Champions/Fergie's Boys has exposed the players. Some of them realising they are not as good as they thought and consequently playing even worse as a consequence.

It's confidence. Confidence in scoring, defending, attacking. They've lost all of that Man Utd. swagger. Part of it is down to Moyes no doubt, he's not a bold manager. He doesn't give players that swagger and belief. But the s**** defending, poor finishing etc. isn't his fault.

I rate Hernandez as a poacher. And from what i've seen from him with Mexico, while not talented at holding up and bringing others into play he has a lot of effort and at least tries. In this team he looks hopeless. Nervous. I'm sure that's the same with most of them.

This is absolutely key. Ferguson made people believe they were far superior players, as they played for Man United afterall. It's just an approach and mindset really.

Moyes has none of that kind of attitude, self belief or outright arrogance.

It's why from the beginning I felt that he would tank. He's a negative, cautious sort.

All those players who have overachieved for Man U over the years, are now actually underachieving!

Terrible appointment.

It's funny Moyes has actually been publicly telling these players they're crap all season, albeit indirectly. Could never see Ferguson doing that.

It's no surprise they keep getting worse and worse.

Welbeck, industrious as he is, can't strike a ball with any decent power/accuracy (not just based on the penalty, but it certainly typified it). I know he's more of a support-striker/team player, but if you have the ambitious of a top half PL team (let alone where Man Utd think they should be), you can't really afford the luxury of a striker who can't hit a ball (cf. Shola).

Has he ever scored one of those where he steps inside and tries to find the far corner?

If I visualise him shooting, it's always with the side of his foot or a flicked effort :lol:

The domination will stop, they'll still compete but the overall domination will cease.

Ferguson was so influential, Moyes is nothing but a mouse compared to him.

Moymouse. Certainly got a ring to it.

I don't think it's Moyes that is the key to the lack of swagger though, it's just the simple absence of Fergie. Except for Mourinho/Guardiola coming in, it was inevitable.

Ah yes I agree. Moyes is better than he's being given credit for

Yeah, he's not terrible, but it's just an awful fit.

Remember the robust Chelsea team Mourinho first had? Now that sort of team would suit Moyes much better.

I think he's more akin to that sort of team and approach.

He'll have to change the Man U team drastically to achieve that sort of team though.

Ferguson was a one off in the respect he could get that extra from that group of players. They've had good teams but you've had players like O'Shea performing above themselves for him. It's the kind of influence that can be built only over time.

Moyes will get there with them. Mata this window and a few key signings in the summer and he's on the right track again. Was a huge job to take on and he'll be given the time it'll need to adapt to change in manager after so long.

Moyes will get there with them. Mata this window and a few key signings in the summer and he's on the right track again. Was a huge job to take on and he'll be given the time it'll need to adapt to change in manager after so long.

He'll be given time but they will only be delaying the inevitable. He'll never reach the heights they want to be at with him in charge. Even with the right signings, he'll not get them back to the top imo.

Moyes won't get them there, he doesn't have the winning mentality, your talking about a manager who's biggest achievement prior to joining them was winning League 1 with Preston North End, and has an absolutely  dread full record against the top sides in the league, only reason he's not fired yet was SAF's plea to the fan and board to give him time.

He'll be given time but they will only be delaying the inevitable. He'll never reach the heights they want to be at with him in charge. Even with the right signings, he'll not get them back to the top imo.

Would Pardew? Genuinely interested.

No

:lol:

Definitley not. Same boat as Moyes, doesn't have the winning mentallity for a manager of a big club and hasn't got the experience of major cup wins. Moyes is just a better Pardew, but he's not anything brilliant himself, just a good solid manager but shouldn't be at the height he's at and should count himself very lucky to be in such a position.

i'd like to think, once they get knocked out of the CL, that they'd have the sense to come out publicly and state they've had a review and concluded the entire first team squad needs long-term rebuilding - this is about the only thing that'll take the pressure off moyes imho

if they continue down the mata route of massive marquee signings to try and recapture the fergie glory i think it'll get worse for them

if they ruthlessly cull the old and shit from the team in the summer and replace with loads of potential then i think it'll go better for moyes, i also think it'll be something he might succeed at given a few years

problem is their loan repayments i suppose, doubt they can stay out of the CL very long

i'd like to think, once they get knocked out of the CL, that they'd have the sense to come out publicly and state they've had a review and concluded the entire first team squad needs long-term rebuilding - this is about the only thing that'll take the pressure off moyes imho

if they continue down the mata route of massive marquee signings to try and recapture the fergie glory i think it'll get worse for them

if they ruthlessly cull the old and shit from the team in the summer and replace with loads of potential then i think it'll go better for moyes, i also think it'll be something he might succeed at given a few years

problem is their loan repayments i suppose, doubt they can stay out of the CL very long

The 2 glory twats I work with have been romancing lyrically today about how they are going to win the CL.

Naturally I fell over laughing.