Squad & tactics (2023/24)

LoveItIfWeBeatU

12 minutes ago, RodneyCisse said:

Glad to see Adam P got it wrong about Tonali purely because it was logical our most expensive midfielder would get the number he wears for his country and previous club.

Bank of Mam & Dad to the rescue for his 19th kit this season.

19 hours ago, andycap said:

Keep forgetting about that lad 😂 mind you is he fit enough to be used. 

Was in the training video yesterday with the team - I think you are looking at October for him 

55 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

Bank of Mam & Dad to the rescue for his 19th kit this season.

Price per view for YouTube can vary wildly for a magnitude of different things, but as a ball park, you supposedly get around £5 per 1000 views.

So if for instance, you take his Livramento video yesterday, in the 24 hours since he uploaded it, it has 17k views, meaning if the video hasn't been restricted or anything, he'd be around £85 so far. 

Meaning the video he's made has essentially paid for the shirt by making the video....

:milner:

So krafty and Willock could be a canny lay off for the pair still. No wonder we went for a new right back. Krafth could be finished for us as squad member with his injury and no promising update from Edwardo. 

• 2 weeks later...

I think Romero is competing with Schar.

In terms of the future I wouldn't want Son over Gordon or Barnes, but I'd say if he's on form he's still the best player out of those 3 currently.

We haven't seen that form for 18 months mind.

On paper Maddison probably gets in but wouldn't suit our system.

Actually just thinking now I'd put Kulesevski over Almiron, I think individually he has more quality.

Other than that's probably it, I haven't seen enough of Udogie to comment.

Interested to see how the new keeper and CB do aswell.

Edited by Alberto2005

Fraser Forster back for FFP reasons - but would take half of their squad on the back of my confidence that this club and Eddie would make them better footballers and actually get them playing to their potential. 

Our 3rd choice CB is Lascelles - Spurs' is Romero. Porro or Reguilón vs Krath/Manquillo? Ben Davies or Targett/Dummett? 

25 minutes ago, Mazzy said:

Son does absolutely. I know we have Barnes and Gordon at LW and they both did superbly against Villa but Son would still get in this team.

Never really rated Son. I know he's scored goals for Spurs, but just every time I've seen him play he's just been average. Cliche - but I think he goes missing in games. 

Wouldn't have him ahead of Gordon, Barnes, Isak, Joe or even Willock on the LW. 

Edit - FWIW wouldn't have Kane here starting over Wilson or Isak.

Edited by Hot Since 1882

1 hour ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Never really rated Son. I know he's scored goals for Spurs, but just every time I've seen him play he's just been average. Cliche - but I think he goes missing in games. 

Wouldn't have him ahead of Gordon, Barnes, Isak, Joe or even Willock on the LW. 

Edit - FWIW wouldn't have Kane here starting over Wilson or Isak.

His form dipped towards the end of last season, but I still think Son is the better player on the left of all those options.

Kane is obviously better than Wilson - and I think Isak is going to be world class, so whether I’d swap those two is a bit trickier.  

58 minutes ago, TheBrownBottle said:

His form dipped towards the end of last season, but I still think Son is the better player on the left of all those options.

Kane is obviously better than Wilson - and I think Isak is going to be world class, so whether I’d swap those two is a bit trickier.  

Aye, I'm not questioning Kane and Son's ability - more the right players for the team set up

Kane was obviously best fit for Spurs. To say he was obviously better than Wilson is unfair. Wilson has worked under Howe for years with Bournemouth, come back from 2 cruciate injuries and then gone to score at a World Cup under Eddie Howe. As much as Kane is suited for Spurs, Wilson is suited for Newcastle. 

Edited by Hot Since 1882

Fraser Forster - Mark Gillespie

Paul Dummett - Pedro Porro

Jamal Lascelles - Cristian Romero

Emil Krath - Reguilón

Ritchie - Ivan Perisic

Think we are massively front heavy as a squad. 

Would trust all these players to not disappoint from Howe  - Bentancur, Spence, Sessengon, Holjberg, Maddison, Gil, Dier???, Lo Celso, Solomon - Sanchez as a 5th choice CB, Lloris as a 2/3rd goalie?

1 hour ago, Hot Since 1882 said:

Kane was obviously best fit for Spurs. To say he was obviously better than Wilson is unfair.

:lol: Seriously mate? Kane is lightyears better than Wilson. It's Harry Kane.

Probably three or four. Son and Maddison the obvious ones. Maybe their LB too. 

If Bruno and Tonali fully click, a door opener AM like Maddison over the energy of Joelinton would be the go to. I wonder how much FFP was a factor in us not buying him. With all the money flying round, I reckon Maddison (and Barnes) were the big bargains out there this window.

However many Spurs players it is, they'd all need to be Eddiefied, of course.