Remy Cabella

Yaron

He's a flair player, an attacker, for fucks sake he's going to lose the ball, he's going to make shit passes, and he's going to dribble a second too long and we'll wish he just passed the ball - but for all that he's the guy who worked into getting that loose ball, made the move and scored. He was brilliant on counters at times and was all over the pitch as well as putting in some great tackles. Stop criticizing him for the sake of it.

He's a flair player, an attacker, for f***s sake he's going to lose the ball, he's going to make s*** passes, and he's going to dribble a second too long and we'll wish he just passed the ball - but for all that he's the guy who worked into getting that loose ball, made the move and scored. He was brilliant on counters at times and was all over the pitch as well as putting in some great tackles. Stop criticizing him for the sake of it.

:thup:

Seems like its very much starting to click for him, one of my biggest gripes with him was that he could never seem to beat a man, that doesn't seem to be a problem anymore and he was that good today he even looked like he had an extra yard of pace.

Nobody is happy with Carver, including myself but at the very least the shackles might come off a bit and our flair players be given a bit of license to show their stuff.

Cabella Finally Looks Like Marquee Man

Alan Pardew went from thanking himself for signing Remy Cabella to claiming he wasn't ready for PL football. At Hull he backed up the stats that suggested otherwise...

"Everywhere you go, always take Cabella with you," sang the Newcastle fans watching a first away win since a magical November that saw Alan Pardew become the smuggest man to ever hold a Manager of the Month award. Pardew was clearly keener on that shiny award than he was on £12m signing Cabella, who he almost always took with him but often did not trust.

It seems a long time since Pardew publicly thanked himself (as well as Graham Carr, Lee Charnley, Mike Ashley and everyone on the board) for signing the French international, declaring in July: "He has flair but also real hard work and commitment. He will bring talent to St James's Park I hope our fans really enjoy."

By December, Pardew was saying that "he's not ready for the demands of this division yet", having started him just nine times in the Premier League and not trusted him for 90 minutes since September. He was no longer thanking himself for all the hard work that brought Cabella to Newcastle from Montpellier but instead suggesting that the man hailed in July as a 'marquee signing' was ideally suited to a substitute role.

Pardew cast around for other right-sided alternatives and often favoured the out-of-position but hard-working options of Yoann Gouffran and Moussa Sissoko. After promising flair allied with diligence from Cabella, Pardew decided that the Frenchman's work wasn't quite hard enough to justify the occasional bouts of flair. John Carver - with nothing to lose but an at-least-temporary job to gain - backed the flair and was rewarded with comprehensive victory at Hull.

But this was not a maverick move from Carver - Cabella is clearly Newcastle's most individually talented player even if tangible results have been scarce. Despite starting little more than half the Magpies' games, he has created more chances than any other player in that Newcastle squad, while only Sissoko has beaten more opposition players.

Against an admittedly terrible Hull, he completed all six of his attempted dribbles as well as scoring a wonderful goal. As an added bonus, nobody on the pitch made more tackles than Cabella; now that's the kind of performance Pardew was prematurely thanking himself for.

The underwhelming appointment of Carver and the publicly stated goal of a top-half finish has been read as tacit admission from Newcastle that this season will be allowed to drift to its inevitably mid-table conclusion; it's only the promise of Cabella singing like a bird released that could make the next four months bearable.

http://www.football365.com/f365-says/9691311/F365-Says

He's a flair player, an attacker, for fucks sake he's going to lose the ball, he's going to make shit passes, and he's going to dribble a second too long and we'll wish he just passed the ball - but for all that he's the guy who worked into getting that loose ball, made the move and scored. He was brilliant on counters at times and was all over the pitch as well as putting in some great tackles. Stop criticizing him for the sake of it.

:clap:

Cabella under Sbr or kk.  Dreamy.  Never mind

I do really like him but I do worry what'll happen when teams start to identify him as our dangerous player.

They will double up and he'll struggle again.

It will create space for other players but knowing us we won't take advantage of it.

Had a great game and tired towards the end but the shackles are off and Carver believes in him so credit for that and looks like he is enjoying himself ,the tricks that failed under Pardew seem to be working now not all the time i might add but we have a good player here who is allowed to express himself  :smitten:

Ayoze

Sammy  de Jong  Cabella

Is what I'm excited for.  Sammy's more of a placeholder than anything.  Wait

Cisse

Ayoze  de Jong  Cabella

He seems to have so much freedom of movement now that I don't think it'll hinder his individual game too much. He was doubled up against a couple of times when out wide yesterday but managed to wriggle through, I think he's a got the hang of it.

i might add he tracks back and works hard for the team more than Ben Arfa ever did tbh

Ayoze - Cisse - Cabella

--------De Jong---------

----Sissoko-Abeid------

Basically Abeid needs to sit, Cabella, De Jong and Ayoze moving in and around to get into spaces and scoring positions. One can only dream. Rolando getting in there as a sub or in cases that Cisse needs a rest.

I'd like to see Cabella and Ayoze behind a striker. There was one period of play yesterday where they both linked up well and not for the first time this season

I think they would look great with a Shearer type CF who could hold the ball up well.