Remy Cabella

Yaron

I'd be happy to sell him if we get a true right winger in

I think a true left winger would be more useful as we still get some half decent delivery from the right from Sissoko/Janmaat.

I'll just keep saying sign Narsingh, much to the dismay of Unbelievable.

Is that because he's great on fifa?

Always just liked pacy Dutch wingers + he had a good match the 2-3 times I saw him + indian grandparents + yes, fifa. :lol:

Jesus Corona from Mexico looked very dangerous in the Gold Cup vs Costa Rica... think he plays in Holland; no idea if he's available but i can dream can't i?  :)

He looks decent but the ghost of Pablo Barrera haunts my soul

Jesus Corona from Mexico looked very dangerous in the Gold Cup vs Costa Rica... think he plays in Holland; no idea if he's available but i can dream can't i?  :)

He looks decent but the ghost of Pablo Barrera haunts my soul

perhaps Berrera flopped b/c of his injury?  :dontknow: premiership is too physical for tentative play... Corona, from what little i've seen of him, plays very hard--he's difficult to knock down/off the ball for a little guy.  i was really impressed by his 1v1 skills--even when the defending 1 turned into 2!  :drool:

• 2 weeks later...
Montpellier manager attacks Rémy Cabella

Speaking to RMC, Montpellier manager Rolland Courbis had a dig at Frenchman Rémy Cabella’s current situation at Newcastle.

He had the following to say:

“With some irony, I said that I was not mad about Newcastle (as a choice of destination). I sincerely hope with all my heart, because God knows I love this little boy, that he has a huge contract financially. From being with Montpellier and being in the 23 players that represent the France team, to going to playing only a part of the games, while scoring one goal when you scored 15 or so with Montpellier (a season), I really hope he has some financial compensation. If in the morning, he wakes up, and he is happy to go to train at Newcastle, he will have to question himself.”

:dave:

Thanks Pardew. Thanks Carver.

Montpellier manager attacks Rémy Cabella

Speaking to RMC, Montpellier manager Rolland Courbis had a dig at Frenchman Rémy Cabella’s current situation at Newcastle.

He had the following to say:

“With some irony, I said that I was not mad about Newcastle (as a choice of destination). I sincerely hope with all my heart, because God knows I love this little boy, that he has a huge contract financially. From being with Montpellier and being in the 23 players that represent the France team, to going to playing only a part of the games, while scoring one goal when you scored 15 or so with Montpellier (a season), I really hope he has some financial compensation. If in the morning, he wakes up, and he is happy to go to train at Newcastle, he will have to question himself.”

:dave:

Thanks Pardew. Thanks Carver.

I hate it when other managers talk about our players.  PSV manager about Anita, De Boer's brother about Winjaldum, and now this.  They should just shut up and concentrate on their own players.  The truth is that the PL is a step up from most other leagues and players need time to adapt and some players will never adapt.  Having said that, Pardew didn't help.

It's embarrassing because we had incompetent nincompoops that completely screw up these players, and so they're comments are usually valid, and so it really stings. hey've made the club look like a bad place to play.

Thank God they're gone.

That Montpellier lot say some weird things about Cabella. I don't know if it's just lost in translation but the way the manager and the owner (Nicollin) go on about him anyone would think social services had just gone and taken their baby off them. I get it, he was a great player for them and came up through their ranks but Jesus Christ, let it go. That's how football works, good players move on to bigger challenges. It's not like we're holding him captive in a basement ffs.