Remy Cabella

Yaron

Guest firetotheworks

Most people forget that it often takes a season to adjust to a new league and especially the speed of the premier league. Ronaldo wasn't all that s*** hot in his first couple of seasons at United and Evra and Vidic struggled badly in their first season.

Not disagreeing with your point in general but Ronaldo was 18 when he first came and still looked way better than Cabella does now

How do we possibly know how good or bad Cabella looks when he's not given a run of games? How the f*** is he supposed to get used to the league when he's given the odd game here and there?

Well we don't know how good he is but from what we have seen so far he hasn't been very good when he has played. If he was showing anything when he did get a chance I would be more annoyed but he isn't really(He should obviously be starting ahead of Gouffran). For example, Ayoze came to us from the second division in Spain in what I presume was a passing football team in the Canary Islands and he has looked brilliant in a totally different climate and a playing style that shouldn't suit his style and at a younger age than Cabella

7 colours of shite man

Err, all of my post is true

You're comparing humans like for like, man.  :lol: I don't really know where to begin with the multiple flaws in the logic you're using here.

But he has shown nothing man :lol: Why the fuck are people comparing him to Hatem all the time

I'm talking about your Perez point. The idea that because one player that was in the Spanish division and is younger, yet has shown what he can do immediately = older, French first division player should show what he can do immediately is massively flawed.

On the Hatem point, you're being ignorant if you don't see the similarity in their style with the similarity in Pardew's approach to both.

They aren't that similar from what I've seen apart from both being small wingers. Ben Arfa takes on a man and is always trying to create something. Cabella does a few stepovers and then passes the ball backwards or gets it taken off him from what I've seen. Also he isn't nearly as quick as HBA

You're missing the point entirely. Both flashy French wing forwards that are expected to produce something out of nothing, that's as deep as it has to go with Pardew. He's done here already imo, he's already behind Gouffran and Sammy. Totally ostracised.

I like his determination, and I think he will improve, but I suspect not by enough to make a real impact.

Basically, I was expecting his touch on the ball to be better. Too often at the moment, he loses control of the ball or pings out a wayward pass.

Guest reefatoon

Well if he starts today, i hope he doesn't spend the majority of the time flinging himself on the floor, rolling around pretending he is injured. Drives me mad seeing that. The little soft cock spent the majority of his cameo on boxing day writhing around on the floor. If he starts, i'm going for the 8th minute before we see the 3 step over 15 rolls on the floor combo.

Strange game to play him in. He'll be up against Baines or Coleman, probably fail to track one of them at one point and he'll never play again.

The perfect game to play him in then.

[/pardewed]

He's a different player compared to most of our other players. Him on low confidence in a team not looking to have movement and possession and people still don't fucking get it why he hasn't had much of an impact. Especially when you consider that he was dropped after one of his better games.

Seemed to do well against Arsenal when he played for Montpellier IIRC.

Played quite well against Man Utd IMO.  Couple of loose touches at first as he was getting into the game.  But after that showed some good bits of skill and kept/passed the ball well.  Won us a free kick in a good position, took it himself and created a very good chance for Taylor.  Worked hard as well, nothing particularly outstanding but a good cameo, needs to be getting 90 minutes consistently to judge him properly.  Won't get it under kingcunt though.

Well if he starts today, i hope he doesn't spend the majority of the time flinging himself on the floor, rolling around pretending he is injured. Drives me mad seeing that. The little soft cock spent the majority of his cameo on boxing day writhing around on the floor. If he starts, i'm going for the 8th minute before we see the 3 step over 15 rolls on the floor combo.

You've got to be on a wind up like :lol: