Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 12/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 41

BlueStar

City are the best side in the league by quite some distance imo.

I think Chelsea are the more complete side, but City are definitely the most powerful. They've been blowing teams out of the water this season. Let the foot off the gas today after they went up.

THAT is doing our team a great disservice, they played as well as we allowed them. We were absolutely screwed today.

Aye no doubt. Should've at the very least been a point for us. We made the most of the shitty opportunities given. Pressed hard and played well.

But if City had maintained the pressure of the opening 10 minutes, they would've bagged at least one more before HT and we would've lost comfortably.

But WE didn't allow them to.

f***ing baffling decision taking Anita off and Cissé on if you ask me..

I thought that changed the rest of the game for us. If you were going to bring Cissé on Tiote's the guy who should be coming off so you can still have the passing range we had for most of the match. Though Cissé is pretty useless so maybe it probably wouldn't have helped all that much.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

Pellegrini: "We didn't have any help of the ref today" #nufc

Stuff like this really boils my piss, they have won the game. Why not just say it as it is, for the goal to be ruled out and Gouffran to be interfering with play he would have had to be standing infront of Hart blocking his view, he is fucking miles away from him. Wanker.

Lee Ryder ‏@lee_ryder 2m

Pellegrini: "We didn't have any help of the ref today" #nufc

I like Pellegrini but that's a disgraceful comment.

Even if his fucked up viewpoint was correct.... WTF?!!!  Unwritten rule that top 4 teams get or deserve "help" from the ref?  We're up against it today so need help from the ref.... well guess what you fuckwit, you got helped out big style from the corrupt wanker in the black.

I think Chelsea are the more complete side, but City are definitely the most powerful. They've been blowing teams out of the water this season. Let the foot off the gas today after they went up.

THAT is doing our team a great disservice, they played as well as we allowed them. We were absolutely screwed today.

Aye no doubt. Should've at the very least been a point for us. We made the most of the shitty opportunities given. Pressed hard and played well.

But if City had maintained the pressure of the opening 10 minutes, they would've bagged at least one more before HT and we would've lost comfortably.

Exactly, its no coincidence that every single top 8 side have struggled against us since we got a system in place and likes of Cabaye and Remy got fit.

We are a difficult team to play against when motivated and fit, i think our results and performances against the rest of top 8 reflect that.

Think Mapou played well today, was an awful tackle from him though, never want to see that regardless of our injustice during the match. 

looked like the ref lost grip on the game from his own ridiculous descision, often happens that the tackles fly when the ref has proven himself incapable

Think Mapou played well today, was an awful tackle from him though, never want to see that regardless of our injustice during the match. 

I didn't think it was that bad tbh  :blush:

I didnt at first and thought that he was milking it. But after seeing the replay the second swipe at him from mapou was nasty like.

Exactly, its no coincidence that every single top 8 side have struggled against us since we got a system in place and likes of Cabaye and Remy got fit.

We are a difficult team to play against when motivated and fit, i think our results and performances against the rest of top 8 reflect that.

Manchester City struggle away from home against most sides. They aren't the same swashbuckling side who tear teams to shreds by 4-5 goals every week. Not taking anything away from our performance as we do work very hard when we're up for it, but this is pretty much par for the course this season from Man City. They usually win, but they rarely get out of second gear.