Newcastle United 0 - 2 Man City - 12/01/14 - Post-match reaction from page 41

BlueStar

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini: "It was a very difficult game and it's a very big result as we know it's a tough place to come and win.

"Nothing important was said on the touchline between me and Alan Pardew, but I think it's impossible for the referee to handle a game when every time he gave a decision against Newcastle there were complaints.

"It was an offside goal as they were interfering with Joe Hart and the referee made that call.

"I think the tackle on Nasri should have been a red card."

Manchester City boss Manuel Pellegrini: "It was a very difficult game and it's a very big result as we know it's a tough place to come and win.

"Nothing important was said on the touchline between me and Alan Pardew, but I think it's impossible for the referee to handle a game when every time he gave a decision against Newcastle there were complaints.

"It was an offside goal as they were interfering with Joe Hart and the referee made that call.

"I think the tackle on Nasri should have been a red card."

oh and your side never complained at all oh wait thats how you got the goal disallowed that and however much oil money you shoved in his pocket

City are the best side in the league by quite some distance imo.

I think Chelsea are the more complete side, but City are definitely the most powerful. They've been blowing teams out of the water this season. Let the foot off the gas today after they went up.

THAT is doing our team a great disservice, they played as well as we allowed them. We were absolutely screwed today.

Aye no doubt. Should've at the very least been a point for us. We made the most of the shitty opportunities given. Pressed hard and played well.

But if City had maintained the pressure of the opening 10 minutes, they would've bagged at least one more before HT and we would've lost comfortably.

But WE didn't allow them to.

Exactly, its no coincidence that every single top 8 side have struggled against us since we got a system in place and likes of Cabaye and Remy got fit.

We are a difficult team to play against when motivated and fit, i think our results and performances against the rest of top 8 reflect that.

Manchester City struggle away from home against most sides. They aren't the same swashbuckling side who tear teams to shreds by 4-5 goals every week. Not taking anything away from our performance as we do work very hard when we're up for it, but this is pretty much par for the course this season from Man City. They usually win, but they rarely get out of second gear.

I get that but still pretty much everyone in the top 7 since we have got a system in place, players have got fit etc etc we have been a very difficult match up for.

Think Mapou played well today, was an awful tackle from him though, never want to see that regardless of our injustice during the match. 

I didn't think it was that bad tbh  :blush:

I didnt at first and thought that he was milking it. But after seeing the replay the second swipe at him from mapou was nasty like.

Nasri is a bellend though so it's fine.

Think Mapou played well today, was an awful tackle from him though, never want to see that regardless of our injustice during the match. 

I didnt at first and thought that he was milking it. But after seeing the replay the second swipe at him from mapou was nasty like.

It was on Samir Nasri, that makes it acceptable tbh

Nasri is a bellend though so it's fine.

In fairness i think, 3 game ending injuries= a legal goal dissallowed.

Yellow at most that MYM tackle. People gout way over top because nasri is made of fluff. What's the difference between it and any tackle that is made to stop a counter?

Honestly thought Nasri was milking it even after seeing the replay.

Couldn't give a shite about Nasri, the horrible little creep. Actually angered me that people were clapping him off the field.

Pardew's call to bring on Cisse was baffling. Other than that I can have no complaints and it's nice to leave the ground proud of the team following a defeat for once. We woz robbed.

Yellow at most that MYM tackle. People gout way over top because nasri is made of fluff. What's the difference between it and any tackle that is made to stop a counter?

Honestly thought Nasri was milking it even after seeing the replay.

Studs aren't showing, no real force in the tackle (intact he doesn't even catch him with his foot), no clear goal scoring opportunity is prevented. It's a yellow card.

I was watching it via a foreign channel, in there they showed replays of a Man City player going in with his arm in the face of one of our players, and another where the studs are showing.