Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Honestly, I think there's a "global" trend in football towards efficiency rather than flair. Even Messi and Ronaldo aren't as flamboyant as, say, Ronaldinho or Rivaldo.

Agree with that to the extent that I think Messi was possibly more thrilling to watch before that ridiculous hoard of goals he got. That might have been because it was new and exciting, but to me he definitely seemed much more efficient in that season than in the one's where he pulled off perhaps more ridiculous things.

His peak for raw dribbling was in his early years, before striking a balance around 09-11 where he was at his best to watch allround IMO. Then he became a bit a goal machine for a couple of years after that while losing some of the raw excitement he had. Now he's had some injury and form problems he's at a position where he's changing again and reassessing the way he plays, particularly now Barca's strength is with the forward line rather than the midfield (imo).

Fun transfer of the day:

Lierse - bottom of the Belgian first division - have taken Joan Capdevila (36) on loan from Indian league side NorthEast United.

And here he is being presented with Tomasz Radzinski :lol:

B79LKNwCYAAoavH.jpg:large

Fun transfer of the day:

Lierse - bottom of the Belgian first division - have taken Joan Capdevila (36) on loan from Indian league side NorthEast United.

And here he is being presented with Tomasz Radzinski :lol:

B79LKNwCYAAoavH.jpg:large

Good old square head!

So jel, why can't we sign a player I've never heard of from a team that makes no sense in a league I never heard of, fuck you Ashley

I think only Kaka could describe Oscar as a "modern day tragedy."

Aye but he would describe running out of paper as a modern day tragedy.  He burns his breakfast and calls it 'a depressing and humiliating catastrophe in my life'

Allardyce looking to sign Darren Fletcher ...

I mean, if that doesn't make you spit in disgust I don't know what will.

Why on earth would he sign Darren Fletcher. To play where, and to do what exactly? Such a standard bollocks signing, the way he brought us Smith and Geremi. What a jerk.

Fletcher I presume would only move in order to start, and so who on earth does he replace? The guy gets rid of someone like Zarate, but then looks to sign Darren Fletcher. Gah! Amazing!

Seen Aaron Lennon linked with Hull. Guy is still just 27 years old. What happened?

I see what Sterling does playing through the middle, and I wonder if Lennon can do similar things, albeit not to that standard perhaps.

Always thought Lennon, though not perfect, was always a huge nuisance to defences.

Lennon in the middle :lol:

All the lad can do is kick and run, I'd be like a lost puppy in the woods in the middle.

Nah! Lennon isn't a kick and chase guy man. That's Theo.

Lennon's close control dribbling is decent man. Very harsh.

Pretty sure in his earlier days he played off the front man at times too, unless I'm imagining that.

Feel Lennon gets a really bad rap a lot of times. From what I recall it's just his crossing that really lets him down.

All the lad can do is kick and run, I'd be like a lost puppy in the woods in the middle.

Pretty sure in his earlier days he played off the front man at times too, unless I'm imagining that.

Feel Lennon gets a really bad rap a lot of times. From what I recall it's just his crossing that really lets him down.

Quite imprtant for a winger mind. :lol:

he's the modern day Wayne Feraday, fast but no or little end product for me.

Quite imprtant for a winger mind. :lol:

he's the modern day Wayne Feraday, fast but no or little end product for me.

Which is why I was wondering how he might do centrally. I think a lot of times in this country, if someone is quick they just get thrown out wide.

I like Lennon but his assists/goals is just woeful. Definitely a threat but has no end product most of the time.

I like watching him, makes me sit on the edge of my seat and shout "do pace!". He's an absolutely nailed-on QPR signing if Harry is allowed to spend any money.

:serious:

Theo struggles to keep control dribbling at pace. He usually is best when he knocks it forward and then gets there quicker than the defender.

Lennon dribbles with the ball at pace really well, as does Sterling.