Other clubs' transfers

TBG

Didn't he already play for you?

Yeah, he spent a few years at Barça B. He's had two amazing seasons at Celta, easily the best Spanish player below the top 6 in La Liga. But he's a late bloomer and at 29 years of age it seems a bit too short termist. Particularly since he won't be able to play him until January. But Luís Enrique managed him at both Barça B and Celta and fancies him a lot.

I'd rather give Munir and Sandro the chance to shine.

Guess he'll be happy enough on the bench too, he from Barcelona?

No, Andalusian. He actually joined Barça B when he was 22. He was one of those "not really that young" players we sign to give Barça B a stronger backbone, but he ended up being quite good and we even offered him a senior contract, but Benfica gave him better terms and he went there instead.

Diamanti to Watford. Their 12th summer signing.

They'll be in trouble imo, far too many new faces for that team to gel. Been impressed with Bournemouth's recruitment - kept a spine and added a few to pad put the squad with experience.

I think Watford are going to be really good funnily enough.

They have continuity in key areas with Deeney and Cathcart. The likes of Capoue, Behrami and Diamanti are prem experienced. Vydra is too.

Ighalo is an exciting talent who will do well.

Sleeper team for me.

I think Watford may surprise but describing players such as Vydra and Capoue as Prem experienced is a bit of a stretch when they've both been poor in the Prem. Literally speaking its true they have experienced the top flight but neither were very good

I think Watford may surprise but describing players such as Vydra and Capoue as Prem experienced is a bit of a stretch when they've both been poor in the Prem. Literally speaking its true they have experienced the top flight but neither were very good

Agreed.  That's why it annoys me when you get ex-pro's going on about how we need prem experienced players.  The sort of level we shop at, for the price, we'd only get players like those mentioned, or mediocre shithouses like Gardner, Curtis Davies, Matt Jarvis etc.  Obviously, there are exceptions to that rule.  But is it any wonder so many clubs look for bargains abroad now?  When the league is over-saturated with rubbish and overpriced wasters.

He's a proven mercenary as proven by the fact he's spent his best years of establishing himself as a top footballer in Russia. His stint at Malaga too when they suddenly inherited (and lost) a fuckload of money.

Very good player, but I can understand why some teams aren't too willing to take a chance on him - for the amount of money he'd cost there's better options out there IMO.

He's a proven mercenary as proven by the fact he's spent his best years of establishing himself as a top footballer in Russia. His stint at Malaga too when they suddenly inherited (and lost) a fuckload of money.

Very good player, but I can understand why some teams aren't too willing to take a chance on him - for the amount of money he'd cost there's better options out there IMO.

Casually ignoring the fact he moved up a division to join Malaga.

Raul Jimenez close to signing for West Ham. Young Mexican striker at Atletico Madrid.

Bilic: "Some players may leave the club and some have left already. We want 1 striker and 1 more player in midfield. That would be it"

"Considering Andy Carroll is doing really well and he will be joining the team in training really soon, we are happy with 1 striker"

I wasn't talking about joining Malaga. I was talking about the manner in which he left as soon as the money went - I'm not holding that fact against him too much as most footballers would nowadays, hence why I used Russia as the main example.

But aye, the manner in which he left resulted in a lot of Malaga fans really turning against him, a fella I know out there who runs a hostel I used to visit a lot said he would slit his throat if he ever seen him back in Malaga. :lol:

I wasn't talking about joining Malaga. I was talking about the manner in which he left as soon as the money went - I'm not holding that fact against him too much as most footballers would nowadays, hence why I used Russia as the main example.

But aye, the manner in which he left resulted in a lot of Malaga fans really turning against him, a fella I know out there who runs a hostel I used to visit a lot said he would slit his throat if he ever seen him back in Malaga. :lol:

:lol: fair comment.

Raul Jimenez close to signing for West Ham. Young Mexican striker at Atletico Madrid.

Bilic: "Some players may leave the club and some have left already. We want 1 striker and 1 more player in midfield. That would be it"

"Considering Andy Carroll is doing really well and he will be joining the team in training really soon, we are happy with 1 striker"

So Rondon isn't going there then.

Wonder where he's off too.

My money's on the land of saving money and getting the right deal go go go compare.

West Brom getting mentioned a lot.

West Brom getting mentioned a lot.

Doesn't fit very well from what his agent said though?

Long history, big name ect.