Newcastle United 0 - 3 Sunderland - 01/02/14- Post-bumming reaction from page 43

LRD

What a joke that was. Couldn't get a grip of the ball due to constantly playing it long, then, instead of trying to get a proper control of the midfield in the second half, we went 4-4-2 and gave them even more space to have their way with the ball. Sat off too much and generally made it piss easy for them. We had players missing but that doesn't excuse that completely clueless showing.

Played into their hands, O'Shea and Brown could handle that all day.

The worst thing about that game was that the best team won. We were awful and they were quite good.

We're gonna miss Cabaye so much and that's not just because of how good a player he is as an individual, but mainly because of his effect on the rest of our team. With him the rest of them who are decent supporting players but don't have that extra creative spark that can change a game can relax and play within the limits of their abilities. Without him they feel like they have to fill the gap he's left behind and try to play beyond themselves, meaning they end up performing worse than they would have done otherwise. We have no-one who can fill that role, so we're going to have to find a different way of playing or the rest of the season is going to be a nightmare.

I know it's seriously early days, but De Jong looks like a bit of a dud, that first big chance he had where he was clean through and inexplicably turned and ran straight into a load of their players was seriously depressing. I guess he's low on confidence given what's happened following his last move, but it doesn't look like coming to us has snapped him out of it like often happens, reckon he'll have a disappointing time for us and we'll end up not signing him in the summer. That's just a gut feeling, hope it's wrong.

Mapou must have shagged Pardew's mam or something, it's totally inexplicable that Taylor's in the team ahead of him. It's inexplicable that Taylor's in the team ahead of anyone though, to be honest.

The reason people like Taylor and Shola get picked ahead of other options is the same reason Tevez and Mascherano used to get benched in favour of British footballers at West ham. Pardew likes to go with the players which fit his ethos.

To be fair to Shola, everyone knows he's not up to it, but at least he did something today, I know he didn't take any of them but he created a few chances and got a few efforts on target, which is more than can be said for the rest of them. If I was giving marks for today's game I'd give Shola a 2, Krul a 7 and the rest 0 if they're lucky.

I think you're right about Pardew though, I think he often picks players for reasons other than that their the best man for the job. I think he buys into the myth that we want a team full of locals more than we want a decent team, there's no other possible reason that Taylor is still at the club, let alone in the team. Similarly the only reason for bringing Dummett on ahead of Haidara is because he's British. Does anyone really actually care where our players come from? I couldn't give a shit myself.

I would love to have local players if they were good enough. Ask a Sunderland fan today if he'd be happier with British players and a British manager and see what answer you'll get.

Yeah, but they're not. :(

Guest bimpy474

What a joke that was. Couldn't get a grip of the ball due to constantly playing it long, then, instead of trying to get a proper control of the midfield in the second half, we went 4-4-2 and gave them even more space to have their way with the ball. Sat off too much and generally made it piss easy for them. We had players missing but that doesn't excuse that completely clueless showing.

Played into their hands, O'Shea and Brown could handle that all day.

But the thick cunt is talking as if playing hoofball is the way forward. Even after watching us today, he's as thick as they come. I hate the cunt.

Is it kicking off at all? While emvarassing, a bit of me wants it to to show these t***s what the result does to this city. No doubt they consider it an unfortunate.defeat like that to Hull, but hey,.were safe, we beat manu, chlesea, cant win them all.

Why would they give a fuck about what we do to our city?

Thought Marveaux did ok when he came on :lol:

That's hardly a surprise to us.. Maybe to Alan. This happens when Pardew finally has no choice but to play the players he has frozen out. Same with Ben arfa a couple of years ago and marveaux last year. Infact it's almost the same as last season.

@sturayner

A few embryos in hoodies are doing their best to show they care about #NUFC losing by chucking stuff from a skip at police outside a newspaper office. Bless 'em, they be tired little lambs by bedtime.

:jesuswept:

Seemed like a nasty atmosphere towards the end, don't think I've ever

Seen it that bad, couple of times fans almost started fighting amongst themselves near me (in the Leazes) and the 3 fans running on to the pitch.

Same in the Gallowgate - never seen it so nasty before. Someone was getting pelters for joining in with the mackem 'Sacked in the morning' chant.

'Yu not supposed to join in, ya daft bastad!'

:lol:

did hear off a bloke in the milburn paddocks  who's just returned from Dubai that sandman hotels are in talks about buying Ashley out. just saying.

I heard you can get a gun in Zelda if you complete it all the way through without getting hit.

did hear off a bloke in the milburn paddocks  who's just returned from Dubai that sandman hotels are in talks about buying Ashley out. just saying.

I heard you can get a gun in Zelda if you complete it all the way through without getting hit.

:lol: