Newcastle United 0 - 4 Spurs - 12/02/14 - Post-match reaction from page 36

Mike

Who could have guessed that Taylor/Williamson wouldn't be a good combination at the back?

Honestly it's at the point where it has to be some sort of massive trolling session. Just senseless stuff all the time.

Again, I'd love to a hear truthful (LERL) explanation of why Pardew thinks this is a workable option. Absolutely baffling.

Who could have guessed that Taylor/Williamson wouldn't be a good combination at the back?

Honestly it's at the point where it has to be some sort of massive trolling session. Just senseless stuff all the time.

one of those partnerships where the combination manages to make both players look a lot worse than they are. Either paired with MYM or Colo would be fine but together.....

one of those partnerships where the combination manages to make both players look a lot worse than they are. Either paired with MYM or Colo would be fine but together.....

:thup:

Thing is we've seen them together before and they've been shit together before, which makes it all the more baffling.

Unfortunately we have very few (if any) players with both passion and genuine ability. When the chips are down this becomes a problem, not to mention the awful lack of leadership on and off the field.

:thup: It's a massive, massive problem.

I do agree, but what passion/commitment that is there in the players has been eroded and nullified. The lack of ambition from the top down has washed away a culture which can sustain professional pride, I can't see how it couldn't tbh.

I'm not as convinced our first XI is as poor, ability wise, as they've been showing lately. Cabaye is a fucking huge loss though, and our balance has been thrown the fuck off without him. Still, our first XI is only a few players short of being a pretty decent outfit that can compete well with most teams. Well, in theory anyway if not with Pardew. Beneath that, we're a long, long way off a top four squad.

I'm beginning to think Cabaye was the only one knitting the side together, he was our outstanding player by a country mile and our form and results has basically been linked to if he was playing and how well he was playing. Without him the entire team is lost and we've lost any and all creativity in the centre of midfield, Tiote's good at what he does but it ain't anything that will be in anyway positive in the final third (we've also missed him badly in the last 2 games) Anita-what the hell does he actually do? He doesn't win the ball he has fuck all ability to create something what is the point of him? Sissoko is what he is, a player with tremendous physical attributes not so many technical attributes. Throw in a lack of natural width full backs who can't defend to save their lives and the strikers the club actually owns being worth the square root of fuck all its not in anyway surprising when you take out the outstanding player in the side and refuse to even bother to replace him that our form nosedives.

No offence, but if you've not known that was the case since about Cabaye's third or fourth game for us, you weren't watching carefully enough.

Unfortunately we have very few (if any) players with both passion and genuine ability. When the chips are down this becomes a problem, not to mention the awful lack of leadership on and off the field.

I do agree, but what passion/commitment that is there in the players has been eroded and nullified. The lack of ambition from the top down has washed away a culture which can sustain professional pride, I can't see how it couldn't tbh.

I'm not as convinced our first XI is as poor, ability wise, as they've been showing lately. Cabaye is a fucking huge loss though, and our balance has been thrown the fuck off without him. Still, our first XI is only a few players short of being a pretty decent outfit that can compete well with most teams. Well, in theory anyway if not with Pardew. Beneath that, we're a long, long way off a top four squad.

I'm beginning to think Cabaye was the only one knitting the side together, he was our outstanding player by a country mile and our form and results has basically been linked to if he was playing and how well he was playing. Without him the entire team is lost and we've lost any and all creativity in the centre of midfield, Tiote's good at what he does but it ain't anything that will be in anyway positive in the final third (we've also missed him badly in the last 2 games) Anita-what the hell does he actually do? He doesn't win the ball he has fuck all ability to create something what is the point of him? Sissoko is what he is, a player with tremendous physical attributes not so many technical attributes. Throw in a lack of natural width full backs who can't defend to save their lives and the strikers the club actually owns being worth the square root of fuck all its not in anyway surprising when you take out the outstanding player in the side and refuse to even bother to replace him that our form nosedives.

No offence, but if you've not known that was the case since about Cabaye's third or fourth game for us, you weren't watching carefully enough.

I got that he was important but christ I didn't think the entire team would look like poor league 1 players without him there.

I got that he was important but christ I didn't think the entire team would look like poor league 1 players without him there.

Looked fine against Norwich (without a finishing touch) before Pardew had his style-of-play epiphany.  One of the best 45 minutes I've seen from an NUFC side without scoring for a long time in fact.  Also Norwich have looked handy since, so it's not like they're in horrendous form or can't play at all.

Looked fine against Norwich (without a finishing touch) before Pardew had his style-of-play epiphany.  One of the best 45 minutes I've seen from an NUFC side without scoring for a long time in fact.  Also Norwich have looked handy since, so it's not like they're in horrendous form or can't play at all.

I love these. Remember the last one before we played Spurs?

“For us, it’s about Tottenham, and the one beauty of the result today is to go to Tottenham and let our hair down.” 

“We will have a go and if we are beaten, we are beaten, but we will certainly try to go and win the game there.”

Got beat 5-0.

“For us, it’s about Tottenham, and the one beauty of the result today is to go to Tottenham and let our hair down.” 

“We will have a go and if we are beaten, we are beaten, but we will certainly try to go and win the game there.”

Got beat 5-0.

:lol: Was at that one, wanted to go home after 20 minutes.

Got beat 5-0.

I see your Bale and Lennon, I raise you a high line with no pressure in midfield.

Think tonight's match is the one that has finally made me give up on the club. The faith, love and care were just not in me watching the game. I couldn't give a fuck how many goal Spurs were going to score, absolute no emotions were going through my veins from start to finish.

Didn't even want to watch at first but i knew when the 1st goal went it, I made a terrible mistake of being interested in the match.

Glad that we dont have a game for a while now and im not even bothered about the next match. This club has lost it in every aspect and most importantly, they will lose the fans.

The number of empty seats before the final whistle was huge. Even when we got thumped 2-6 by Man U in the Sir Bobby era, the fans stayed back because they knew, eventhough we took a hammering, we were still chasing Champions League football.

Tonight though the empty seats before the 90 minutes were up, says it all..

I'm actually pretty stunned how apathetic I've been at 10-0 over three games, including a home derby.

That is a worry TBH, I hardly flinch any more. Guess when we're in this mid table position individual results are always going to be less important, but still is a concern.

Assuming that if we were in any danger of going doing and/or winning anything this season it would be different.

Thing is we've seen them together before and they've been s*** together before, which makes it all the more baffling.

For a manager who loves his stats - how has the stats of how poor Willo + Saylor are together as a pair versus how simply well we did when Willo + MYM were together earlier this season not been damning enough evidence to not play those 2 together.

Got beat 5-0.

I see your Bale and Lennon, I raise you a high line with no pressure in midfield.

:lol: Agonisingly true

Think tonight's match is the one that has finally made me give up on the club. The faith, love and care were just not in me watching the game. I couldn't give a f*** how many goal Spurs were going to score, absolute no emotions were going through my veins from start to finish.

Didn't even want to watch at first but i knew when the 1st goal went it, I made a terrible mistake of being interested in the match.

Glad that we dont have a game for a while now and im not even bothered about the next match. This club has lost it in every aspect and most importantly, they will lose the fans.

The number of empty seats before the final whistle was huge. Even when we got thumped 2-6 by Man U in the Sir Bobby era, the fans stayed back because they knew, eventhough we took a hammering, we were still chasing Champions League football.

Tonight though the empty seats before the 90 minutes were up, says it all..

I was just going to write the same. Thanks for doing it for me.

Not gonna watch the next games. Can't be bothered anymore. We'll lose them anyway. Ashley out now!!!

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out of this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

I'm at the point where I welcome the beatings we are getting. The only way out of this is for Ashley to sack Pardew and for that to happen, we need to continue this rotten abysmal run we are on and for supporters not to turn up in significant numbers. With a decent manager in place,  maybe we can at least enjoy the footy. After that there remains the Ashley problem but at least Pardew going would be a start.

Yes, this is true - more hammerings would mean more empty seats in the stadium and that is the one thing that will worry Ashley ; it will reflect on his tatty brand badly and also, eventually, the media will start questioning the club's policies and therefore, Ashley's competence as an owner.

A pity we haven't got Liverpool or even the Mancs at SJP next....

Got beat 5-0.

:lol: Agonisingly true

could be wrong but didn't that end up being the fans fault too, pards was bowing to pressure to be more attacking or something wasn't he?

Just got home from football practice (usually skip it to watch us play) Seems like things went well and that i did miss quite a match. Impressive!

Pardew should be given more time to turn us aroung though!

Shut up.

You shut up!

Like I give a s***.

Then why did you ask me to shut up? Honestly, what's the reason for it? Can you blame me for being f***ing tired of Pardew and all the s*** that is going on? Im beyond of having any hope left.

I honestly didn't realise you were being sarcastic.  I think it's just seeing everything as f***ing awful that made me think you weren't being sarcastic. :lol: Apologies.

No worries mate :) Apologies from me telling you to shut up as well, instead of realising that you didn't read it as sarcastic. Trust me i hate the cunt more than anything.

Thing is we've seen them together before and they've been s*** together before, which makes it all the more baffling.

For a manager who loves his stats - how has the stats of how poor Willo + Saylor are together as a pair versus how simply well we did when Willo + MYM were together earlier this season not been damning enough evidence to not play those 2 together.

I reckon he fancies a bit of 'english grit' in there.  Couple this backwards view with the spectacular arsehole that is Saylor's agent and the comments in the press about pissing off and Pardew takes the easy route.

I'm actually pretty stunned how apathetic I've been at 10-0 over three games, including a home derby.

That is a worry TBH, I hardly flinch any more. Guess when we're in this mid table position individual results are always going to be less important, but still is a concern.

Assuming that if we were in any danger of going doing and/or winning anything this season it would be different.

Individual results? Come off it Ian.