Newcastle United vs Aston Villa - 23/02/14 @ 1.30pm (Sky Sports 1)

Beren
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

2-1 win

I think that's a pretty likely scoreline, until I have to imagine us getting the ball in the net somehow and it's like one of those dreams where you try and punch someone and it's like you're underwater, I just can't manage it.

2-1 win

I think that's a pretty likely scoreline, until I have to imagine us getting the ball in the net somehow and it's like one of those dreams where you try and punch someone and it's like you're underwater, I just can't manage it.

Remy is back, that's how we're hoping we'll score.

Actually starting to think we'll win. Panic over etc.

I know this is how it works, but I have read this whole thread and had a right old chuckle.

You wouldn't all be so miserable if you had any idea just how incomprehensibly feeble we have been for months now. We haven't even gt a particularly good away record anymore, either[b/].

I found this amusing.

The bit in bold is precisely why you will beat us.

I know this is how it works, but I have read this whole thread and had a right old chuckle.

You wouldn't all be so miserable if you had any idea just how incomprehensibly feeble we have been for months now. We haven't even gt a particularly good away record anymore, either.

It's weird Brummie, when I watched your lot play Liverpool you looked like a decent team, with plenty of purpose and attacking intent. Lambert seemed to have set you up to play 1-2's in the channels with a view to getting in behind and playing balls into the box.

Bib theory going off the training pictures, the team for villa is

Krul

Debuchy      Taylor      Colo        Dummett

Sissoko        Gosling    Anita          Gouffran

Cisse        Remy

Krul :thup:

Debuchy :thup:      Taylor :anguish:      Colo :thup:        Dummett

Sissoko        Gosling :anguish:    Anita :thup:        Gouffran

Cisse :anguish:        Remy :thup:

You wouldn't all be so miserable if you had any idea just how incomprehensibly feeble we have been for months now. We haven't even gt a particularly good away record anymore, either.

It's weird Brummie, when I watched your lot play Liverpool you looked like a decent team, with plenty of purpose and attacking intent. Lambert seemed to have set you up to play 1-2's in the channels with a view to getting in behind and playing balls into the box.

We do that. We play for 30 minutes here and there, put in a good performance.

Then we just go to shit. There's no way, for example, we're capable of playing well for 90 minutes. Not 90 consecutive minutes, anyway. Maybe across four or five games, then we'd have a chance, but of late we've been abysmal.

I've started to think lately that Lambo doesn't really "do" tactics.

If we concede a goal or two, he'll go totally gung-ho to get back into it. Sometimes (like the two matches against Albion,  one away where we were two down inside the first 12 minutes, and the home one where it was two down in the first 8 minutes) it works spectacularly well.

Other times, though, he just goes mad, makes a few subs and sets us up with five up front and no midfield.

It's usually entertaining to watch, but it is a bit nuts.

Our problem at the moment is the midfield. He just doesn't seem to be able to permutate a selection from our options there which will work with any regularity.

If you set out to attack us, then it could be a decent game. If you don't, then I suspect it'll be like watching two bald men fighting over a comb.

Krul

Debuchy      Taylor      Colo        Dummett

Sissoko        Gosling    Anita          Gouffran

Cisse        Remy

Well that's just hilarious. Absolutely hilarious.

Got nowt against Cissé playing tbh.

Then we just go to s***. There's no way, for example, we're capable of playing well for 90 minutes. Not 90 consecutive minutes, anyway. Maybe across four or five games, then we'd have a chance, but of late we've been abysmal.

If we concede a goal or two, he'll go totally gung-ho to get back into it. Sometimes (like the two matches against Albion,  one away where we were two down inside the first 12 minutes, and the home one where it was two down in the first 8 minutes) it works spectacularly well.

Other times, though, he just goes mad, makes a few subs and sets us up with five up front and no midfield.

Our problem at the moment is the midfield. He just doesn't seem to be able to permutate a selection from our options there which will work with any regularity.

If you set out to attack us, then it could be a decent game. If you don't, then I suspect it'll be like watching two bald men fighting over a comb.

The thing is you won't have to play particularly well to take three points home from us right now. Just score a goal and it's game over.

Got nowt against Cissé playing tbh.

De Jong has earned his chance imo. Fucking Gosling man  :lol:

I assume Williamson and Tiote are both out seeing as they are not in the any of the pictures, even the group shots. But there is still plenty of time before the game so they may well slot in.

Can understand Sissoko going back on the wing as he's been poor in the middle since returning there, plus Pardew's dislike for Ben Arfa.

It may be a 4-4-3 with Gouff on the right and Remy on the left with a middle 3 of Anita, Gosling and Sissoko.

Shocking though if we do end up playing Gosling purely because of one injury to Tiote. Dat strength in depth :)

Never felt so 'meh' leading up to a game the end of the season

Season is pretty much dead for many people now. I'd like to say I am looking forward to the summer and a new start but even that looks bleak with a complete squad overhaul looking likely and key players/fan favourites leaving.

I am fully sensing a summer of Ashley selling up to dominate headlines. The perfect excuse for not signing anyone.

I guess we have a few games left to admire Remy in a Newcastle shirt and sparing performances of Ben Arfa from the bench.

Then we just go to shit. There's no way, for example, we're capable of playing well for 90 minutes. Not 90 consecutive minutes, anyway. Maybe across four or five games, then we'd have a chance, but of late we've been abysmal.

That's why I don't think this one is easy to predict at all. Both teams have some decent individual players but are led by Sunday pub team managers. Remy might be the difference though, as without him we'd struggle to pick up another point with Pardew's one man attack system.