Jack Colback (now a free agent)

Disco
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

He gets over the top venom because he is representative of everything the club stands for right now. He's a bargain basement PL midfielder who will never play for a team north of 15th place. Doesn't mean he's the worst player in the squad (sadly), but he's still pretty fucking poor.

Bingo. He's Ashley's poster-boy signing. 

Subservient, inadequate and cheap.

:thup:

Will probably get slaughtered for this but the reason many don't hate him is that he has contributed more in goals and assists than most this season, and he's had a lot of OK performances. He's just an average player, would be fine as backup if we had properly replaced Cabaye.

Obviously he's had a lot of awful performances too but so have all of them, and he goes missing way, way too often, but I think that's down to a lack of ability/nous than intentional hiding.

Think a lot of the venom for him comes from his bellendery at Sunderland and the fact he HAS been our Cabaye replacement, and he can't even begin to compare. And he was a Pardew fave.

Not from me it hasn't, I was dismissing the criticism for the same reason when he signed, I couldn't really give a toss what he did when he was a Sunderland player. My main criticism has been that he is not an athlete and in today's premier league a midfield that doesn't have legs gets overrun. The same was true of Cabaye to be fair, I said the same about him albeit he was a much better player.

The assists and goals stuff means fuck all tbh, if we'd played Marveaux in every game last season he would have had a hatful. A centre mid has to be involved all the time, that is why for me Tiote and Abeid are streets ahead. Say what you like about them, no one would ever accuse them of hiding.

Has he played even average for us this season bar a couple of half decent games near the start? Absolute shit house. Certain still not in the raylor league of shit but needs to never start ahead of Abeid.. or err..anyone. Pathetic today yet again.

Well he's our second top assister, joint third top scorer, and in the league he's second only to Cisse in terms of goals+assists, so yeah even though stats don't tell the whole story especially in a position like cm he's clearly contributed more than most. There's more to playing cm than goals and assists obviously but the idea that he's 'league one standard' is just a bit of a dumb exaggeration.

When looking at people to blame for this monumental f*** up of a season he's down at the bottom of the list.

This.

Nah. We've got one of the worst first-choice midfielders in the league. He's right up there in the blame game for me.

If we had a manager able to coach positive fluid football then Abeid and Anita instead of Raylor and Colback would make us much much better!  (even with Carver)

Seeing him (and Taylor) visibly refuse to cross the halfway line against Swansea and WBA and provide support for the forwards was sickening. He was clearly following instructions from the lovable Geordie on the touchline no doubt. But it shows how little he understands football and his role in the team when he gladly obeys such moronic instructions from a clueless cunt.

He gets over the top venom because he is representative of everything the club stands for right now. He's a bargain basement PL midfielder who will never play for a team north of 15th place. Doesn't mean he's the worst player in the squad (sadly), but he's still pretty f***ing poor.

Bingo. He's Ashley's poster-boy signing. 

Subservient, inadequate and cheap.

I was going to say bloodless.

Jack Colback is just painfully average. The sort of player every average team needs. Someone who consistently ticks over okay performances whilst those around them play blinders and change games, or in our instance play fucking shit and cost us our place in the league. As previously mentioned, he is symbolic of where we are at as a club.

More to blame in the blame game than the people who decided not to invest further in our midfield then?

:lol: Aye, because everyone comes in here and says how the BIG problem at NUFC isn't Ashley, it's Jack Colback.

I actually didn't think he was playing yesterday, had to ask my mate very late on in the game if he had not started or gone off injured. An absolute nothing player who people inexplicably over rate.

But look at his assists and goals. Doesn't matter if he goes missing for 85 mins during the game the stats tell us what a great job he's doing according to some.

I actually didn't think he was playing yesterday, had to ask my mate very late on in the game if he had not started or gone off injured. An absolute nothing player who people inexplicably over rate.

Thank God you're not the manager :lol: Making mistakes so often in the game, how could you miss these? :)

Well he's our second top assister, joint third top scorer, and in the league he's second only to Cisse in terms of goals+assists, so yeah even though stats don't tell the whole story especially in a position like cm he's clearly contributed more than most. There's more to playing cm than goals and assists obviously but the idea that he's 'league one standard' is just a bit of a dumb exaggeration.

A very fair comment.

But look at his assists and goals. Doesn't matter if he goes missing for 85 mins during the game the stats tell us what a great job he's doing according to some.

He didn't play well yesterday. But being totally dismissive of his 10 goals+assists is strange.

Of course goals and assists matter.

He didn't play well yesterday. But being totally dismissive of his 10 goals+assists is strange.

Of course goals and assists matter.

You're responding to someone who rates Cheick '1 goal' Tiote. Don't bother.

Tron is right though, his goals and assists just inflate his contribution and don't even begin to describe how crap he is.

He isn't that bad in general. A slightly below average premier league midfielder. Generally keeps the ball when he gets it and is alright at winning it too. I don't think he is the right midfielder to be complaining about when Ryan Taylor is in our midfield at present

Overall he's been better than the likes of Anita, Abeid, Raylor and co. He's very fortunate to have had the belief of both managers here though.  Abeid's game has gone to pot totally since Carvers been in charge and it's no surprise with how Carver constantly berates him in public.  Certainly, theres about 11 players who have performanced worse than him this season.  Including a number with far more natural talent. 

Why has Abeid been dropped? Colback is ok, average really, but Abeid was playing well up until he got his injury. He's fit now yet spends all of his time on the bench. It's not as if any of our central midfield players are playing well and deserving to keep him out of the team. Sissoko, Colback, RAYLOR? f*** me!!!