Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

Completely and utterly depressing the way this supremely gifted talent has been squandered by the oaf we have as a manager.

The likes of Keegan would have had him filled with such confidence and belief that he would have been an ever present in the side.

Are these quotes Giggs?

Jean Michel-Aulas, Lyon’s president, had said: ”If he is willing to make the financial sacrifice that would allow him to return, then we would have him. Technically he is one of the, if not the best player that I have had in 27 years as President.

”Hatem may have been difficult in terms of managing him but he is a boy with a very good record.”

Source: http://www.chroniclelive.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/no-bid-newcastle-united-playmaker-7566767?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Possible make weight (no pun intended) in a Grenier deal?

http://www.le10sport.com/football/mercato/mercato-newcastle-le-clan-ben-arfa-ouvre-la-porte-a-un-retour-a-lol-159052

Sidelined by his club Newcastle criticizing his lack of professionalism, Hatem Ben Arfa could bounce the side of the OL.

"If Hatem is ready to make financial efforts to integrate into the group, so why not. It was certainly the most technically gifted player I've ever had in 27 years in office. It was difficult to manage, but very talented. "On Monday, President of Olympique Lyonnais Jean-Michel Aulas has opened the door to a return of Hatem Ben Arfa.

You may be interested:

Mercato - OL: Aulas revealed its strategy in the case Gourcuff!

"LYON IS NOT A DYING MAN CLUB"

Contacted by footmercato, the player's agent 27 years Ouazine Michel gave an update on the situation. "This is an idea under discussion with Hatem on French clubs. Lyon had mentioned and super project. Because contrary to what they say, Lyon is not a moribund club and a project in the Arsenal line. In fact, Hatem told me that it was his first club, his club heart because it has a great relationship with Bernard Lacombe and has a huge respect for what the president has done for Aulas Lyon "has he said before continuing.

"THERE IS SOMETHING POSITIVE TO DO"

"Who would not want to return to his former club, it's a bit like the child who comes home. With the large stadium project, there is something positive to do. The group is young, and Hatem is a competitor, greatly. As President Aulas elsewhere. Hatem is still young, but he has a huge experience in big games. And technically, I think Hatem associating with a runner as Yoann Gourcuff is a positive idea, if not enchanting! It's interesting, but after there is the economic issue because he did not forget, it is up to Newcastle. "Under contract with the Magpies until 2015, Ben Arfa is still a Newcastle player. But the latter, who recently questioned his professionalism and commitment could facilitate his departure accepting a reasonable allowance transfer.

Was tweeting Andy Brassell earlier and he thinks that any player plus cash deal involving HBA is unlikely as he'd have to accept a large wage cut and also it would need the ok from Lacazette, which seems unlikely. Reckons the only way Lacazette is going is if a CL club comes in with big money. 

For anyone who is local you have to join us it could be his last game here.

Me and Santoon are going up to support HBA before he goes away for good.

Anyone up for giving him a good send off?

Also does anyone have the HBA flag  we can take to the game?

No idea of the size etc but I would him to see it.

For anyone who is local you have to join us it could be his last game here.

Me and Santoon are going up to support HBA before he goes away for good.

Anyone up for giving him a good send off?

Also does anyone have the HBA flag  we can take to the game?

No idea of the size etc but I would him to see it.

Which game?...