Hatem Ben Arfa (still a free agent)

Dave

The Sky Sports comments are essentially 'you're not allowed to be unhappy if you have loads of money'

Which is what a lot of these types of people said when Cabaye admitted he had suffered from depression. 

I'm a massive fan of his.  But I did find his comments a bit strong, like.  Going through hell and seeing the light and whatever else he said.  It was well overboard IMO.  I get he was treated badly and as a pro that likes to showcase his skills and talents.  It must have been shit for him.   

But having to train for a few hours a day with the stiffs.  Whilst getting handsomely rewarded for it.  Is a long way from what the majority of the population on planet earth, would call "hell". 

The Sky Sports comments are essentially 'you're not allowed to be unhappy if you have loads of money'

Which is what a lot of these types of people said when Cabaye admitted he had suffered from depression. 

I'm a massive fan of his.  But I did find his comments a bit strong, like.  Going through hell and seeing the light and whatever else he said.  It was well overboard IMO.  I get he was treated badly and as a pro that likes to showcase his skills and talents.  It must have been shit for him.   

But having to train for a few hours a day with the stiffs.  Whilst getting handsomely rewarded for it.  Is a long way from what the majority of the population on planet earth, would call "hell". 

It's all relative though, you could piss and moan about how awful your week at work was and have this little cunt giving you hackies:

http://images1.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/justin-timberlake-mocks-homeless-people-at/u/original/6419720/skepticalafricanboytimberlake.jpg

It's all relative though, you could piss and moan about how awful your week at work was and have this little cunt giving you hackies:

http://images1.browardpalmbeach.com/imager/justin-timberlake-mocks-homeless-people-at/u/original/6419720/skepticalafricanboytimberlake.jpg

:lol:

WTF...

... IS AIR CONDITIONING

I'm a massive fan of his.  But I did find his comments a bit strong, like.  Going through hell and seeing the light and whatever else he said.  It was well overboard IMO.  I get he was treated badly and as a pro that likes to showcase his skills and talents.  It must have been s*** for him.   

Definitely first world problems but that doesn't mean it can't affect him badly, people get wound up and have breakdowns over less, far be it from me to judge someone on what ails them. However, yes, he could be kicking a can around a bomb crater in some war torn country, so it could be much, much worse for him.

Hey we wanted to kill actual people for having to put up with 5 minute Pardew sound bytes a couple of times a week, imagine having to put up with that every day of your working life for several hours a day, the empathy will soon come flooding backm

I'm a massive fan of his.  But I did find his comments a bit strong, like.  Going through hell and seeing the light and whatever else he said.  It was well overboard IMO.  I get he was treated badly and as a pro that likes to showcase his skills and talents.  It must have been s*** for him.   

It's all relative though, you could p*ss and moan about how awful your week at work was and have this little c*** giving you hackies:

Of course it's relative.  I did point out that it must have been shit for him.  But I still find his comments well OTT.  Especially when such a tiny percentage of the population are ever going to be in a position like his.  Comes across a bit shit IMO.   

I am fortunate enough, that I really enjoy my life and get on with people at work, my family life is great, the missus is sound as fuck, good social life etc.  A lot of people aren't so lucky and everyone has a different way of looking at things.  All that said.  If someone had a boss, who was a bit of a wanker and on their case all the time.  I would also find that a bit extreme if they described it as a living hell and comparable to solitary confinement in some sort of prison  :lol:

When you read his entire interview, in French, it gives a different image than the one carried in the english press, which reproduces some of HBA's quotes in isolation with the context, and that are not representative of his speech.

When he says he’s been « through hell", it was not abot his stay at Newcastle as such, but more like a personal state of mind. He says that several things in a row have played against him. Indeed, there was what happened in Newcastle (and even here he only talks about a period that started in 2014), but also problems with Steve Bruce at Hull City, and finally, when he thinks he can finally play, then Fifa says no.

Most of the article is about how he recovered.

The whole picture does not look as bad as it sounds for Newcastle, and his intention were not to bash anyone. I think.

When you read his entire interview, in French, it gives a different image than the one carried in the english press, which reproduces some of HBA's quotes in isolation with the context, and that are not representative of his speech.

When he says he’s been « through hell", it was not abot his stay at Newcastle as such, but more like a personal state of mind. He says that several things in a row have played against him. Indeed, there was what happened in Newcastle (and even here he only talks about a period that started in 2014), but also problems with Steve Bruce at Hull City, and finally, when he thinks he can finally play, then Fifa says no.

The whole picture does not look as bad as it sounds for Newcastle, and his intention were not to bash anyone. I think.

Thanks, that's a little better to hear. :thup:

Everyone thinks they're an expert on every aspect of football because they watch watch MOTD and Sky Sports news. Completely disregarding the fact they don't watch us (or any other club but their own or outside of the top 4) for probably over 2500 minutes of football a season.

This is why I never claim authority over a fan of another club regarding their own team. Highlights are no substitute for watching every game and keeping up with every rumour or piece of news. You can fall into a media narrative so easily, Pardew's treatment by the media during his time here being the perfect example.

Pardew's press mates taking things out of context to make HBA look a cunt you say?

Shocked.

Fair enough.  I did think it was all doom and gloom, when he seemed to have some good times here.  He really seemed to enjoy his football at times and I remember a lot of people commenting on how settled and happy he seemed.  Then it all went to shit  :(

Everyone thinks they're an expert on every aspect of football because they watch watch MOTD and Sky Sports news. Completely disregarding the fact they don't watch us (or any other club but their own or outside of the top 4) for probably over 2500 minutes of football a season.

This is why I never claim authority over a fan of another club regarding their own team. Highlights are no substitute for watching every game and keeping up with every rumour or piece of news. You can fall into a media narrative so easily, Pardew's treatment by the media during his time here being the perfect example.

Agree with this.  It is hard not to at times.  But if it is someone who I know is fairly clued up on their own team, and not some glory boy that watches highlights here and there.  Then I always try not to pass judgement too much. 

Guest Roger Kint

Pardew's press mates taking things out of context to make HBA look a cunt you say?

Shocked.

Cant remember if it was the sun or star but they printed his quotes then went into a story of how shit we have been since Pardew :lol: They dont even try to hide their love for the fraud

For people to sit behind a keyboard and declare that a certain person they've never met should be more grateful simply because he earns a fortune is beyond ignorant. What if he didn't have a good support network at the time? What if football has been his sole identity and form of expression to escape his problems? You just don't know, and if mental health problems did develop because of it then all the more sympathy for him.

At the end of the day, the chap just loves the game and playing it. That's very refreshing to hear from someone at this shithouse club tbh. Whether his words were misinterpreted in translation or not, I imagine it must have been pretty grim being exiled like he was (and for what?!). Think of cunts in the past like Celestine Babayaro and wonder if you would have got an emotional reaction like Hatem's- I think fucking not.

Money is not everything.

For people to sit behind a keyboard and declare that a certain person they've never met should be more grateful simply because he earns a fortune is beyond ignorant. What if he didn't have a good support network at the time? What if football has been his sole identity and form of expression to escape his problems? You just don't know, and if mental health problems did develop because of it then all the more sympathy for him.

At the end of the day, the chap just loves the game and playing it. That's very refreshing to hear from someone at this shithouse club tbh. Whether his words were misinterpreted in translation or not, I imagine it must have been pretty grim being exiled like he was (and for what?!). Think of cunts in the past like Celestine Babayaro and wonder if you would have got an emotional reaction like Hatem's- I think fucking not.

Money is not everything.

Pretty sure Gary Speed wasn't skint...

Guest firetotheworks

This is what I'm up against. :lol: Apparently having far and away the best assist rate for NUFC highlights how selfish he was. I've burned him with hard facts, it's fine.

clubber lang says

11/11/15 6:33pm

Your stats tell us only about him going in one direction, they say nothing about leaving defenders isolated, the unbalancing of the team's formation, the annoyance and lack of trust experienced by other players sick of his selfishness etc., nor the many opposition goals arising from these problems. In fact your stats simply show how selfish HBA was because he thought nothing of putting himself above the needs of the team. Something Steve Bruce found out to his cost. In fact it is clear that YOU have no idea about football OR statistics.