Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Thought he was our best player for his overall contribution. Was great going forward, very intelligent passing and movement. His defensive work was also top notch, which to be quite honest I didn't expect from him. Would start him on the left again, Thauvin right.

Brilliant team player. How much better did our left side look today without the Brainless simpleton Obertan failing miserably to cover an exposed left back. No coincidence either that Haidara's performance was light years better with the confidence of quality cover from Ayoze when he attacked. Perez needs a run in the team, love his spirit, quality and team ethic.

Surely today has cemented him as starter for McClaren? - Him and Gini and pure magic in the opposition half.

Probably not considering Sissoko will be back and Thauvin will obviously start. He should be though, was by far our best player last year and still is one of our best players.

Surely today has cemented him as starter for McClaren? - Him and Gini and pure magic in the opposition half.

Probably not considering Sissoko will be back and Thauvin will obviously start. He should be though, was by far our best player last year and still is one of our best players.

At this point I'm convinced our best set up involves them all. Sissoko and Gini sitting behind a front 3 of Thauvin/Aarons, Mitrovic, Ayoze. Would involve dropping Colback though, which I can't see him doing.

At this point I'm convinced our best set up involves them all. Sissoko and Gini sitting behind a front 3 of Thauvin/Aarons, Mitrovic, Ayoze. Would involve dropping Colback though, which I can't see him doing.

It does but as you say i don't think it's gonna happen, would definitely drop Colback and Obertan for Thauvin and Sissoko tbh.