Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

That assist was gorgeous and from all I've heard he did well by all accounts but to say the criticism of him has been unjust is just wrong in my view, hes been poor virtually all season and his lack of effort has been even more saddening.

Lets hope today is the start of something better as hes bound to get a run of games with Diame/Atsu being away, hopefully the player we all thought he would be this season is still in there somewhere.

He had a lot of critics around me yesterday.  He was linking up well with Gayle in the first half. Ok so a lot of what he tried didn't come off, but at least he tried to make things happen with a bit of urgency. Would much rather that than watch the likes of Gouffran and Colback plod about with no sense of urgency.

He had a lot of critics around me yesterday.  He was linking up well with Gayle in the first half. Ok so a lot of what he tried didn't come off, but at least he tried to make things happen with a bit of urgency. Would much rather that than watch the likes of Gouffran and Colback plod about with no sense of urgency.

i want the guy to succeed but he needs to do it week in, he's been utter shite and im one of his biggest critics simply cos he hasnt looked bothered.

more more more  O0

That assist was gorgeous and from all I've heard he did well by all accounts but to say the criticism of him has been unjust is just wrong in my view, hes been poor virtually all season and his lack of effort has been even more saddening.

Lets hope today is the start of something better as hes bound to get a run of games with Diame/Atsu being away, hopefully the player we all thought he would be this season is still in there somewhere.

Aye

I think that's why Rafa perseveres with him despite his shortcomings. At the end of the day what separates us from the rest of the teams in the championship is going to be the touch of quality. Perez has it in his locker even if he hasn't produced it enough this season.

Players that try to create things always get treated more harshly than those who run around the place like a dog and haven't created a chance in 5 years, or even those that are just completely anonymous

Guest neesy111

Players that try to create things always get treated more harshly than those who run around the place like a dog and haven't created a chance in 5 years, or even those that are just completely anonymous

Perez doesn't put the effort in though most of the time.

Spot on :thup:

From the highlights i've seen he looked very dangerous. And he got us the win with that bit of vision and ability that we will need in the absence of Gayle.

Maybe an option up top, and maybe more effective as a no10 with Murphy up top to aim at.

Maybe in the face of the current adversity we will develop a better understanding of our options for plan B.

Have only seen the highlights from yesterday but it was encouraging to see him running at the defence with the ball from deep. Too often this season he's looked to receive the ball with his back to goal where he gets out-muscled from behind. Diame can play like that due to his size; Ayoze can't.

He's a strange one, Perez. He's the one player, probably more than anyone else, who I really thought would really benefit from working with Rafa and his coaching staff every day but he's turned out to be the only player in the squad to regress in that time. Apparently he was far better on Saturday and his assist for the winner was top drawer so hopefully he can kick on with the run of games he'll get in Diames absence because he really needs to finish the season strongly.