Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Exposed to what? Did the Championship become awash with world class attacking full-backs when I wasn't paying attention? :lol:

Literally the only thing Dummett can do is defend, we don't have to play a second donkey on that side to protect him. A far bigger issue is that both of the players down our left flank are absolutely dreadful attacking threats and it's basically pointless trying to go at teams down that side.

I'd actually prefer to give Atsu starts there but Perez would be worth a look too IMO.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to how inept Perez is at tracking back and defending!

Dummett would have his work cut out trying to defend 2 v 1s all game if Perez was on that side of the park.

Anyway, not going to happen as Rafa knows how exposed we'd be down that flank with the prancing show pony there.

You must have loved it when we were starting Ryan Taylor on the right wing ahead of Ben Arfa.

Dat tracking back, the single most important attribute for the left winger in a 4-2-3-1. :lol:

Perez is no Ben Arfa though, is he? In fact, there is no guarantee that he'd give us any more offensively than Gouff  on the left is there? Like I said, never going to happen!

Exposed to what? Did the Championship become awash with world class attacking full-backs when I wasn't paying attention? :lol:

Literally the only thing Dummett can do is defend, we don't have to play a second donkey on that side to protect him. A far bigger issue is that both of the players down our left flank are absolutely dreadful attacking threats and it's basically pointless trying to go at teams down that side.

I'd actually prefer to give Atsu starts there but Perez would be worth a look too IMO.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to how inept Perez is at tracking back and defending!

Dummett would have his work cut out trying to defend 2 v 1s all game if Perez was on that side of the park.

Anyway, not going to happen as Rafa knows how exposed we'd be down that flank with the prancing show pony there.

You must have loved it when we were starting Ryan Taylor on the right wing ahead of Ben Arfa.

Dat tracking back, the single most important attribute for the left winger in a 4-2-3-1. :lol:

Perez is no Ben Arfa though, is he? In fact, there is no guarantee that he'd give us any more offensively than Gouff  on the left is there? Like I said, never going to happen!

He's no Ben Arfa, I agree with that. Just would like to see him given a go out there.

Just to clarify your following point... you're saying you are against trying to improve the team because there's no gaurantee it will work? :lol:

As someone who normally gets to the ground for kick off i don't see stuff like that and love the Pavel is a Geordie flag there. It's the one thing I like with Man Utd fans, their veneration (is that the right word ?) of past players who meant something more to them.

Diame seems to be a much better option than him in this division.

Doesn't matter which one plays, neither of them has much impact. Take your pick really. That number 10 role is crucial to make us tick and they just aren't doing enough.

Guest firetotheworks

Diame has been far, far better than Perez like. Both in terms of general play and in terms of final product. Just my opinion like.

Diame has been far, far better than Perez like. Both in terms of general play and in terms of final product. Just my opinion like.

I was agreeing with you for the first half of the season, but he's been fairly anonymous since he got back from the AFCON. I'd still pick him over Perez though, but he needs to be frightening these championship defences a lot more than he is right now.

Apart from the quality of the finish itself, he looked different class in that 15 min spell compared to the nervous shite that had been on display before that. Worth putting him up front if Gayle's not fit next game.