Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Sounded like he played well, good save from Ruddy on that shot near the end.

Good save but I've watched it a few times and I wish Perez got a touch on it to go more in on goal in the first place. He lets it run forcing him a bit wider. Never mind, did have a good game by the sound of it.

Be interesting to see how Rafa approaches the Perez/Diame issue over the coming weeks. Perez has finally found some form but Diame has been better there this year and is a better partner for Gayle.

Really wish Rafa would give Perez a few games on the left in Gouffran's place. The way he sets up the team doesn't really call for pacey wingers who can get to the byline so Perez's lack of pace wouldn't be a big issue IMO. It's not like Gouffran is doing anything out there anyway that we'll miss.

Be interesting to see how Rafa approaches the Perez/Diame issue over the coming weeks. Perez has finally found some form but Diame has been better there this year and is a better partner for Gayle.

Really wish Rafa would give Perez a few games on the left in Gouffran's place. The way he sets up the team doesn't really call for pacey wingers who can get to the byline so Perez's lack of pace wouldn't be a big issue IMO. It's not like Gouffran is doing anything out there anyway that we'll miss.

Perez has been a disaster out on the left tbf. Would rather he sticks with Diame at CM, Perez number 10 behind Gayle and Ritchie and Atsu out wide.

Sounded like he played well, good save from Ruddy on that shot near the end.

Good save but I've watched it a few times and I wish Perez got a touch on it to go more in on goal in the first place. He lets it run forcing him a bit wider. Never mind, did have a good game by the sound of it.

Yeah true, but at least he was decisive and struck the shot well. Sometimes he's hesitant and faffs about a bit too much.

Perez has been a disaster out on the left tbf. Would rather he sticks with Diame at CM, Perez number 10 behind Gayle and Ritchie and Atsu out wide.

He was a disaster wherever he played though. Maybe now that he's actually in a bit of form he'd have more joy. I don't know, I just really don't want to see Gouffran and am up for whatever to make that happen. :lol: No idea why Atsu hasn't had more chances there.

Not sure Diame and Shelvey in CM is the best idea tbh, at least not when Hayden is available. It's better than Colback starting though for sure.

How many times has he played out left this season to be bad there though? I cannot remember many.

I think it'll be his most natural position like but part of a 4-3-3 alongside 2 other forwards not the 2 wide midfielders and an attacking mid/CF system we play. I'd still start him over Gouffran like.

How many times has he played out left this season to be bad there though? I cannot remember many.

I think it'll be his most natural position like but part of a 4-3-3 alongside 2 other forwards not the 2 wide midfielders and an attacking mid/CF system we play. I'd still start him over Gouffran like.

His best position is probably alongside a big man in a front two in a team that uses real wingers IMO.

In Rafa's system out left is the only place I can see him being of use. He's too slow to lead the line and gets caught in possession too often to play the #10.

Not going to happen. Perez on the left would leave Dummett frighteningly exposed.

Exposed to what? Did the Championship become awash with world class attacking full-backs when I wasn't paying attention? :lol:

Literally the only thing Dummett can do is defend, we don't have to play a second donkey on that side to protect him. A far bigger issue is that both of the players down our left flank are absolutely dreadful attacking threats and it's basically pointless trying to go at teams down that side.

I'd actually prefer to give Atsu starts there but Perez would be worth a look too IMO.

Exposed to what? Did the Championship become awash with world class attacking full-backs when I wasn't paying attention? :lol:

Literally the only thing Dummett can do is defend, we don't have to play a second donkey on that side to protect him. A far bigger issue is that both of the players down our left flank are absolutely dreadful attacking threats and it's basically pointless trying to go at teams down that side.

I'd actually prefer to give Atsu starts there but Perez would be worth a look too IMO.

I think we could have done a lot worse than bring Enrique back for this season.

I think we could have done a lot worse than bring Enrique back for this season.

Only made 12 appearances for Zaragoza in the second division of Spain. Don't think he'd be the answer.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to how inept Perez is at tracking back and defending!

Dummett would have his work cut out trying to defend 2 v 1s all game if Perez was on that side of the park.

Anyway, not going to happen as Rafa knows how exposed we'd be down that flank with the prancing show pony there.

You obviously haven't been paying attention to how inept Perez is at tracking back and defending!

Dummett would have his work cut out trying to defend 2 v 1s all game if Perez was on that side of the park.

Anyway, not going to happen as Rafa knows how exposed we'd be down that flank with the prancing show pony there.

You must have loved it when we were starting Ryan Taylor on the right wing ahead of Ben Arfa.

Dat tracking back, the single most important attribute for the left winger in a 4-2-3-1. :lol:

You must have loved it when we were starting Ryan Taylor on the right wing ahead of Ben Arfa.

Dat tracking back, the single most important attribute for the left winger in a 4-2-3-1. :lol:

:thup:

Rafa wants tracking back AS WELL.

But obviously you know more than him.

Which would be all well and good if we had someone on the left who works hard AND can make things happen in the final third. We don't though. We have Gouffran and he's an absolute shambles as an offensive force. It's a large part of the reason that we're so bad once we go behind or have to take the game to our opponents, one of our three AMs is basically worthless.

In an ideal world for Rafa we'd have another Ritchie type to play down the left, someone who's good going both ways. That's why he wanted Townsend back so badly and was pissed it didn't happen. So the choice is now a grafter who offers nothing going forward but will do what's needed in defense or else a player with some ability who isn't as reliable defensively.

I can see why Benitez is making the choice, doesn't mean I have to agree with it and doesn't mean I think I know more about football than him.