Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

He's a canny player and bloke who are dickhead base turned on. Shame really.

People always craic on as if he was hounded out. He was sold for £30m and the vast majority were sad to see him go.

Aye you got the odd idiot on social media and your standard few dinosaurs at the match who hate anyone with any degree of flair, but by and large he was well thought off. Could be completely ineffectual at times, which is probably why he's struggled to make a big impact at Leicester but hopefully can get a decent run after his goal at the weekend, he's a good lad.

Where's that quote from? Can't remember that tbf.

Always though he got a bit of an unfair ride in some quarters but it wasn't particularly over the top. Professional footballers will sporadically get criticism from numpties. Certainly never reached Shola / Joselu levels of grief.

He's a canny player and bloke who are dickhead base turned on. Shame really.

People always craic on as if he was hounded out. He was sold for £30m and the vast majority were sad to see him go.

Aye you got the odd idiot on social media and your standard few dinosaurs at the match who hate anyone with any degree of flair, but by and large he was well thought off. Could be completely ineffectual at times, which is probably why he's struggled to make a big impact at Leicester but hopefully can get a decent run after his goal at the weekend, he's a good lad.

:lol: he literally changed his celebration because of the stick he was getting, so if it was nowt as you claim why did he bother, obviously he felt very differently about it. It was much more than you are making it seem

He was criticised a lot on here as well tbh, especially in the first half of the season when he wasn't getting many goals.

I was honestly shocked when we sold him, it came out of nowhere. £30m was a tidy sum granted, but when you look at what we replaced him with for £40m just goes to show it's not that easy to buy quality.

Totally isolated up front, poor service. He struggled at times. Only really showed his best when Rondon did the heavy work. He got a lot of stick but so did every other player pretty much when we were playing poorly.

A bit like Joelinton in some ways. Callum Wilson is never going to get through the dirty work like Rondon but he’s enough of a handful to let Joelinton show a bit more.

If or when it all clicks for him I think he’ll be far better than Perez ever could be.

Those first 10 games in 18/19 where we failed to win and lost every home match in that run, go back on this forum to back then and you'll have a fair share of mongs just like there was at the games (mainly good old patriotdean). Perez got the brunt of it at home, why that was I haven't got a clue. He just was unlucky to look lazy in the eyes of the patriots. Never cringed at a football game as much as when Perez was jeered. I don't blame him for leaving, don't blame him for celebrating scoring against us and would take him back in a heartbeat. Why he'd come back though, I don't know.

will always have a soft spot for ayoze.

when my younger son first started coming to the games with me he was only 6 and he fell in love with ayoze. got his name on the back of his shirt and would always have his socks pulled up over his knees when he played for his own junior team.

little man was gutted when ayoze left. in tears.

took me back to the day i heard varadi had left us.

Guest Howaythetoon

Love perez, you can tell he's a sound guy. Hairline of steel as well.

Rocker wishes he had his hairline.

:kasper:

Only joking, I wish I fucking did :lol:

genuinely felt we had the perfect mix of pace, graft, strength and ruthless finishing at the end of Rafa’s tenure. Ayoze was very much a 30m player and can only assume he was ready to go the minute he knew Rafa was not going to stay.

Ayoze ability to press, cover lanes and score beautiful goals were incredible.

HaydnNUFC[/member] the Everton win gave me chills man. Ayoze scoring the Pickford spill after Almiron’s long shot and then of course the winner.

Guest Howaythetoon

Love perez, you can tell he's a sound guy. Hairline of steel as well.

Rocker wishes he had his hairline.

:kasper:

Only joking, I wish I fucking did :lol:

Rocker wishes he had your hairline.

He wishes indeed :lol:

genuinely felt we had the perfect mix of pace, graft, strength and ruthless finishing at the end of Rafa’s tenure. Ayoze was very much a 30m player and can only assume he was ready to go the minute he knew Rafa was not going to stay.

HaydnNUFC[/member] the Everton win gave me chills man. Ayoze scoring the Pickford spill after Almiron’s long shot and then of course the winner.

As I said earlier, I'm not daft enough to think Perez was some sort of CL standard striker who all the top clubs were after. He had flaws, but against that he had some real quality about him as well. What disappoints me the most is that he really felt like a Newcastle player. I had no inkling he was going to be sold, it came right out of the blue as he seemed well settled. Just sickened me tbh, he was one of my favourite current era players.

Did it come out of the blue?  I might be wrong, but I thought he was being linked with proper football clubs for quite a while on and off?  Plus I thought there were some quotes from him and/or his agent, saying how he wanted to play in Europe and challenge for trophies. 

Throw in the fact Rafa was leaving and a lot of matchday fans treated him like shit.  I don't remember being in the least bit surprised at the time.  Either that or I'd just lost interest in the club, so felt nothing.

I remember Spurs being linked on and off when Poch was there, but nothing ever came of it. The European stuff re trophies I never really took seriously as his career hadn't developed to that point. So yes it took my by surprise a bit, but in hindsight I can't blame him. Leicester are far from a glamour club, but they are light years ahead of us right now.

The optimism after that Fulham game man. Lush summer day, we’d played some good football for 5 months, Benitez was in talks in London with Ashley and Charnley, contract looked a formality with the Monochrome takeover almost certain. Rondon was going to be our number 9. No hint at the time Perez was looking to leave.

Within 2 months we had no takeover, Bruce was manager and Joelinton was number 9.