Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

How is it possible for anyone to score 10-20 goals at this club as of now? He is creating, working hard and staying positive in a side that is struggling to have any sort of tactic and control over games. He deserves so much credit for the job he does on the pitch and he is one of the reasons why I still watch this side.

We do have a front 4 who are all capable of scoring goals or creating assists. Problem is, other teams like Southampton and Leicester seem to have a front 3 which scores a lot more regularly. I think the problem we have is the two sitting midfielders and a lack of genuine width. It's all played in front of the opposition defence at the moment.

How is it possible for anyone to score 10-20 goals at this club as of now? He is creating, working hard and staying positive in a side that is struggling to have any sort of tactic and control over games. He deserves so much credit for the job he does on the pitch and he is one of the reasons why I still watch this side.

We do have a front 4 who are all capable of scoring goals or creating assists. Problem is, other teams like Southampton and Leicester seem to have a front 3 which scores a lot more regularly. I think the problem we have is the two sitting midfielders and a lack of genuine width. It's all played in front of the opposition defence at the moment.

Think slow build-up is an issue. Lack of intensity/urgency. Our attacks are like training ground pass and move exercises. Sure looks nice but largely easy to defend against.

Watford killed us with long balls. 2 strong and fairly athletic strikers.

We aren't as cutthroat and ruthless in attack as we need to be.

We also don't create nearly enough chances, more half chances than anything. Our service into the box is heavily dependent on Sissoko & Janmaat (to a lesser extent). Ayoze creation and linking up play is also crucial and his movement is brilliant.

We will get better only when we get rid of the central pairing of 2 holders and have Wijnalum + partner and add real genuine wingers who can deliver the ball from the wide areas to our mountain of a CF.

Strange from the lad that, once maybe but twice is bizarre given he's spent his entire time with us getting booted up in the air

2nd one was a hand in the face though. First one didn't look to catch him that badly on the replay.

Theatrics :lol: He went down a few times when we were playing like absolute c***s. It was quite a blatant attempt to slow the game up.

:thup: Amazed people are having a go at him for it. Tiote passes the ball straight back to their keeper after one of the incidents which is far worse.

It's was a surprise hit and down low to the keepers left, it was a decent finish.

This.  Actually found myself agreeing with Savage in commenary when he said it was a more difficult save than people were making out.

Agree with him staying down and breaking the game up when it went to the corner, but think he could look less of a cunt doing it.