Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

More Perez to ManU rumours.... IF we did sell him in January, what would a realistic fee be? £20-25m?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11984184/Manchester-United-consider-January-move-for-Newcastle-striker-Ayoze-Perez.html

The journalist is making a lot of assumptions in that article mind. He says Perez would jump at the chance of a move to Man U, but what's that based on? I think he'd probably prefer starting for us at the moment than go to Manchester to sit on their bench.

would lose my shit if he's sold

Amazed anyone could still muster feelings that strong. We know everybody is for sale.

We also know that any profits raised from these sales will be wasted on unproven hopefuls that keep us regularly parked around the relegation zone.

I can't see him going in January.  We need a striker as it is so if they sold him they would need two and we don't like paying that January premium.  And if we are still struggling in January which is likely, then we will struggle to buy a decent replacement.  And as Perez is a good player for us, it would be daft to replace him with another who may or may not work out.

When they are so young, you would think we could manage to keep them for 3 years or because his value is only going to rise.

It always seems as if the press are anxious to move our players on.  Do they do this to other team's players?  Are there a lot of stories out there trying to sell Leicester's best players to the top teams?  Mind you I guess we make it easy for them by letting everyone know that our players are all available at a price.

I can't see him going in January.  We need a striker as it is so if they sold him they would need two and we don't like paying that January premium.  And if we are still struggling in January which is likely, then we will struggle to buy a decent replacement.  And as Perez is a good player for us, it would be daft to replace him with another who may or may not work out.

When they are so young, you would think we could manage to keep them for 3 years or because his value is only going to rise.

It always seems as if the press are anxious to move our players on.  Do they do this to other team's players?  Are there a lot of stories out there trying to sell Leicester's best players to the top teams?  Mind you I guess we make it easy for them by letting everyone know that our players are all available at a price.

Yeah, they pretty much link all players from 5-20 positions to the top four teams. Like Lukaku, Benteke, Stones, even Harry Kane was being linked to Man Utd in the summer.

I guess there's just a level of hopeless cynicism that I can't attain so like a fool I'll still get attached to things :lol:

Stick with it man, it's awesome. Carroll leaving was the end of player attachment for me, followed by Hatem obviously.

Same for me. I honestly thought he'd be here till he retired like Shearer did. How naive of me.

More Perez to ManU rumours.... IF we did sell him in January, what would a realistic fee be? £20-25m?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/teams/manchester-united/11984184/Manchester-United-consider-January-move-for-Newcastle-striker-Ayoze-Perez.html

The journalist is making a lot of assumptions in that article mind. He says Perez would jump at the chance of a move to Man U, but what's that based on? I think he'd probably prefer starting for us at the moment than go to Manchester to sit on their bench.

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Howay man.

There's truth and reason in this; i feel reassured. Great post.

I love Perez, but with any real quality we got on the cheap, selling is too easy an option.

I hope we say no unless its £30m plus.

Spurs paid 20 odd for Seon didn't they? Similar position and age but Perez has been at it a year in the division, I'd want 30+ as well.

I  wouldn't sell him no matter what money offered!

Neither would I and the club have publicly gone and said they have no need sell anyone right? Plus Perez has said he's happy to stay and develop.

All that should add up to a new contract and telling spurs or whoever else to get fucked.  Should.

Mind you if manyoo make one of their looney bids who knows :lol: