Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Not really sure what the outrage is about with him not playing to be honest?

He literally looked like he couldn't be arsed against Palace and was hooked at half time and rightly so, it got to the point where he wasn't even trying (made no difference but still)

Not to mention hes looked off the pace for a while now and De Jong plays in a similar role albeit a different style of player.

De Jong came in and it worked and he looked good, no need to rush Ayoze back into the team IMO.

Hes obviously going to be a very good player but think his qualities are slightly over hyped by our fan base.

I always find it fascinating to see incompetent managers dropping our most skillful players first when there are others in the squad doing the same or far worse in more important positions, and many of our fan base willfully agree with such moves.

Nobody is saying Perez lit up the world against palace, but for the umpteenth time, it was the horrendous DM performance that let wave after wave of palace "attacks" go right to our shitty back four. The whole "Perez didn't care" or "stopped trying" malarkey is akin to, as I've said before, changing your hat when you've actually shit your pants.

But anyway, I hope he doesn't throw a strop and McC finds a way to fit him into the side if Jong and Cisse don't do the business (jury is still out for me regarding both, but I look forward to see how they perform).

Not really sure what the outrage is about with him not playing to be honest?

He literally looked like he couldn't be arsed against Palace and was hooked at half time and rightly so, it got to the point where he wasn't even trying (made no difference but still)

Not to mention hes looked off the pace for a while now and De Jong plays in a similar role albeit a different style of player.

De Jong came in and it worked and he looked good, no need to rush Ayoze back into the team IMO.

Hes obviously going to be a very good player but think his qualities are slightly over hyped by our fan base.

I always find it fascinating to see incompetent managers dropping our most skillful players first when there are others in the squad doing the same or far worse in more important positions, and many of our fan base willfully agree with such moves.

Nobody is saying Perez lit up the world against palace, but for the umpteenth time, it was the horrendous DM performance that let wave after wave of palace "attacks" go right to our shitty back four. The whole "Perez didn't care" or "stopped trying" malarkey is akin to, as I've said before, changing your hat when you've actually shit your pants.

But anyway, I hope he doesn't throw a strop and McC finds a way to fit him into the side if Jong and Cisse don't do the business (jury is still out for me regarding both, but I look forward to see how they perform).

But the thing that lots of people are missing is that although our biggest problem is obviously midfield and centre defence, we don't have options in those areas while we do have options as strikers/attacking midfielders

Surrender 3 to Leceister and 5 to Palace. Blame the strikers.

But the thing that lots of people are missing is that although our biggest problem is obviously midfield and centre defence, we don't have options in those areas while we do have options as strikers/attacking midfielders

Surrender 3 to Leceister and 5 to Palace. Blame the strikers.

Exactly. Plus, we're in desperate need to defend from the front due to the problems at the back and that's something we saw an improvement in with de Jong.

Love an early shot, it's a lost art. Proper 90s technique.

Aye, catches keepers off guard. Lloris should've saved it though but you can say that for a number of Perez's goals because he hits it so early.

Messi is the king of the early shots imo, great to see goals like that.