Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Guest Howaythetoon

Slow, ponderous and light-weight. One to get rid of! Hopefully Spurs still like him enough to offer us some decent wedge... although after Sissoko :lol:

Guest palnese

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2014/12/25/2442644800000578-2886851-image-a-9_1419500655868.jpg

And people are surprised he's struggling in the Championship? I mean, look at the pants ffs.

'Bulked up' in the summer didn't he? To his determent it seems.

Was slow and very ponderous tonight. I wonder if his time with us is drawing to an end? Mind - he wasn't the only one, tonight.

You could say this about 99% of the squad, tbf.

The thing I don't understand about Perez, when he arrived he looked like he had a bit of genuine pace. Now he's persistently second to the ball against defenders slower than molasses.

Can't say I ever saw any pace to speak of, but he seemed a lot harder to knock off the ball. He was playing as a lone striker when he first played and he did a reasonable job considering he's not the biggest. Just seems to have lost some hunger to me. With his ability he should be far too good for this division.

If it weren't for the good run of form and evident talent we saw from him in the Prem then I would have given up on him a long time ago. Its a shame because I quite like him as a character.

The thing I don't understand about Perez, when he arrived he looked like he had a bit of genuine pace. Now he's persistently second to the ball against defenders slower than molasses.

A lot of the time he's second to the ball because he's shit scared of getting a whack. He shirks out of so many challenges and 50/50s it is unreal.

One of our best players and is shit.  :lol:

Marseille are loaded, maybe they'll return the favours we've been given them recently or may even straight up swap us with that Thauvin fella.

I wonder if his dip in form would've happened at another club. He looked really good when he first came to the UK

Sent from my ONEPLUS A3003 using Tapatalk

This season with Rafa in charge should've represented a real opportunity for him to learn and progress, like. Can't blame the environment.

Let us not forget that when he first emerged into the side, he was the only one worth a mention after a lot of matches, and that was with Pardew at the helm.

He's not a bad player, nor is he a fantastic one, but there's a lot of talent there and he's worth keeping; if he finds his way again, he'll be a very good option for us.

Strange how he's gone from a promising, clever player winning all these young Spainish player of the year awards or whatever to a slow, ponderous, uninventive 23 year old without a discernible position in the team. Still feel there's a footballer in there