Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

"Vern, so remember what I told you. I've created a hole in space and time you can slip into every game, and nobody will notice you're gone. Reappear once in a while to lose the ball and piss off again."

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Should be huge for us this season, and has to be starting, along with Aarons. These two are the only ones who've seemed bothered in pre-season, and have been the only ones to show quality, skill and end product.

I wonder where his best position is, but as of now, I really don't care where he plays, he simply has to. Behind Mitrovic and they may form a decent understanding.

Should be huge for us this season, and has to be starting, along with Aarons. These two are the only ones who've seemed bothered in pre-season, and have been the only ones to show quality, skill and end product.

I wonder where his best position is, but as of now, I really don't care where he plays, he simply has to. Behind Mitrovic and they may form a decent understanding.

Would rather have him playing like an inside forward on the right flank, De Jong behind Mitrovic and Aarons as a natural winger on the left.

Would mean the CM's would have a lot to do, but thankfully we have a team filled with cloggers with work rate there, so it'll be fine.

Yeah, all these attacking options is feeling like a hark back to the Keegan days. Fucking amazing, the potential. 

And yes, Gouffran and Colback in CM to shore things up (:razz:). Entertainers are back, baby.

??

If Ayoze plays LW or RW to accommodate Mitro or Papiss, that is 2 less positions Gouffran can squeeze into :thup:

Also, Ayoze will be better off on the wing where he can run at people, because he aint gonna get the No# 10 position.

It's expected tbh, he's not gonna start as the lone man upfront and in front of De Jong either. One of the wing spots is probably where he can find a spot in the starting eleven.

I would start him over De Jong and Sissoko, don't care which as i think he's earned his place above both of them but i can't see McClaren doing that.

Should be the second striker or as the no.10 behind Mitrovic.  He'll get plenty of chances to play there, too.  Not as if De Jong is going to stay fit for the whole season.  I just hope Sissoko isn't second choice to play that position, as he's not very good at it.

Nah.  I think if we play 4-2-3-1.  He'll play next to Colback or Anita in the 2 and be the one to push forward when he can.  From the extensive Dennis Wise scouting I have done, he looks like a box to box type to me.  I'd like him to be a bit deeper as well, as he seems decent on the ball.  Need someone there to take it off the back 4, to stop the aimless punts up field. 

Guest palnese

I want to see him in a role where he can take people on and get into the box. Don't really care if it's from the right, left or through the middle.

Ayoze Perez ‏@AyozePG  13m13 minutes ago

Six years ago today, football and @nufc family lost a true legend - Sir Bobby Robson. Gone but never forgotten