Ayozé Pérez (now playing for Real Betis)

ponsaelius

Ayoze Perez ‏@AyozePG  13m13 minutes ago

Six years ago today, football and @nufc family lost a true legend - Sir Bobby Robson. Gone but never forgotten

This guy. :smitten:

Hope to fuck McClaren has the sense to see Perez playing at every opportunity this season.

For someone that had such a brilliant first season at a club absolutely rotten to the core he comes across as unbelievably grounded. Most his age would be having their agents whoring them out to every club that will listen, yet in addition to there being none of that he's actively indicated his desire to stay and also play wherever for the cause. Lovely lad.

Nailed on to leave in the coming days now :okay:

I'd love to see him play just off Mitrovic. He'd thrive off his knockdowns and their combined movement would work really well up top.

stopped reading the thread at this point (temporarily) because frankly if we started the season with that three at ages 18, 21 & 21 i'd be over the fucking moon

EDIT: thought i saw something about aarons in the post, he's the third one in my fevered imagination

For someone that had such a brilliant first season at a club absolutely rotten to the core he comes across as unbelievably grounded. Most his age would be having their agents whoring them out to every club that will listen, yet in addition to there being none of that he's actively indicated his desire to stay and also play wherever for the cause. Lovely lad.

Nailed on to leave in the coming days now :okay:

:thup: Ayoze is brilliant, both on and off the pitch. Without a doubt my favourite player at the moment.

Guest Gomez

Hopefully I'm just reading into it wrong, bue does he seem to have been grouped with the reserves inthe friendlies? Hope he doesn't get sidelined for more 'senior' players.

Because he has mostly been used as a striker I think some forget he was an attacking midfielder before he joined. Winner of Spanish Second Div Midfielder of the year.

That's true but it's also irrelevant to whether he starts or not because it's pretty obvious De Jong will start behind Mitrovic or Cisse.

Because he has mostly been used as a striker I think some forget he was an attacking midfielder before he joined. Winner of Spanish Second Div Midfielder of the year.

That's true but it's also irrelevant to whether he starts or not because it's pretty obvious De Jong will start behind Mitrovic or Cisse.

I think it's very relevant because the likelihood of a player starting a game depends on the position they play.

TBH competition for places in our attacking lineup is good, I think Perez should play a lot and I think he will, he's clearly a versatile player, unlike Gouffran who is played like a versatile one but isn't any fucking good. Honestly I think our best attacking lineup would be Perez up front alongside Mitrovic with De Jong behind.

I think it's very relevant because the likelihood of a player starting a game depends on the position they play.

Well considering two of the positions mentioned are likely taken by other players not really.

Not really sure where this guarantee of De Jong starting over Perez is coming from on this board, seen it mention a few times. Is it more a case of you don't think McLaren prefers the latter over the former in that position, or do people actually think De Jong warrants a place over Perez? I frankly don't care at the moment where we play the kid, but Ayoze needs to be starting. Having said that, let's hope, as someone mentioned above, we don't Pardew him by playing in some terrible positions.

I'm not convinced by De Jong yet, I think over the course of a season Perez would create and score more playing number 10. I'd be OK if Perez is playing out wide with De Jong at 10 but if he's benched I'm going to be furious :(

Wijnaldum looks nailed on to play behind striker to me. Then Sissoko and one other out wide. Can't see where de Jong plays. Perez looks like being first sub. Though i'd play him either side and bin Sissoko, which wont happen.

We've seen nothing in pre season to suggest Wijnaldum will play in the two with De Jong off the striker. It looked pretty good in the last 20 minutes yesterday but all signs point to Anita and Colback with Wijnaldum in front of them. Pretty worrying.

Anita and Colback shield enabled us to control the tempo of the game yesterday.  That's what we'll need against Southampton.  It's up to the front 4 to work on their attacking more than dropping an attacking player into the midfield 2.

Wijnaldum dropping deeper would be a good option to have if we were chasing the game in the second half, but I wouldn't start that way.

Love Perez like everyone else does, but to say he should be starting as a no 10 of De Jong is a bit mental to me. I want to see him play as much as possible, but De Jong is a class act, we haven't seen it in a Newcastle shirt yet granted, but that doesn't change how good he is. I'd also prefer to see Perez either wide of a 3 or right up next to a bigger stronger striker as a 2 before in the no 10 role

Wijnaldum looks nailed on to play behind striker to me. Then Sissoko and one other out wide. Can't see where de Jong plays. Perez looks like being first sub. Though i'd play him either side and bin Sissoko, which wont happen.

We've seen nothing in pre season to suggest Wijnaldum will play in the two with De Jong off the striker. It looked pretty good in the last 20 minutes yesterday but all signs point to Anita and Colback with Wijnaldum in front of them. Pretty worrying.

I think we'll see it. It's probably not happened because he's been uber/overly cautious with fitness. It might not be the case next week but I'd imagine Wijnaldum will be playing CM after a few games.

We've seen nothing in pre season to suggest...

...anything. :lol:

Which has its positives and negatives.