2014 FIFA World Cup Brasil™ - Germany win again

Guest ManDoon
[[Template core/global/global/poll is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter  1m

#WorldCup Golden Ball (best player) short-list: Di Maria, Hummels, Kroos, Lahm, Mascherano, Messi, Muller, Neymar, Robben, James Rodriguez.

Neuer should be in there, guessing they don't let keepers on the main award.

They do, Oli Kahn got it in 2002.

So he did. :thup: Seems extra daft to have left him out then.

Guest Haris Vuckic

Golden Glove innit blud.

Aye, know there's a separate award. Still think he should be up for the main one too though.

Aye I think it's a commercial thing too really. He's been great but he'd have to be a miracle worker to get both!

F'ng Germany have a semi out of form Goetze and injured Reus and they still comfortably got to the final, insane.

Had Germany v Argentina in the final in my bracket/cup challenge and originaly had Germany winning; Reus injury made me change it to Argies winning as I felt Di Maria, Aguero back, Messi, Higuan...fucking hell.

Rodriguez was fantastic but it's always someone from the winning team that gets it.

Apart from the last two times?

Cannavaro got it in 2006 no? But yeah Forlan deserved it last time though, was excellent.

Think Zidane got it and Cannavaro won the ballon D'or but I could be wrong

I cannot recall one extraordinary save from Neuer this tournament. Has been very solid and a big part of Germany's tactical deployment as a sweeper, but hardly worthy of the Golden Ball.

:thup: I wouldn't even give him the Golden Glove, for me the Costa Rica GK should get that.

I cannot recall one extraordinary save from Neuer this tournament. Has been very solid and a big part of Germany's tactical deployment as a sweeper, but hardly worthy of the Golden Ball.

The one from Benzema right at the death of the France game was pretty fucking legit.

Agreed. Really a testament to Germany's defense that he hasn't faced much of anything. Been solid when necessary, but not much in the way of heroics. Hasn't been needed.

The one from Benzema right at the death of the France game was pretty fucking legit.

He pulled off a couple of really good saves in the second half against Brazil too

:thup: I wouldn't even give him the Golden Glove, for me the Costa Rica GK should get that.

Tim Howard isn't Costa Rican.

Henry Winter ‏@henrywinter  1m

#WorldCup Golden Ball (best player) short-list: Di Maria, Hummels, Kroos, Lahm, Mascherano, Messi, Muller, Neymar, Robben, James Rodriguez.

Neuer should be in there, guessing they don't let keepers on the main award.

Hasn't Di Maria been really shit? Amazing season with Real but very poor in the World Cup.

Tim Howard isn't Costa Rican.

No. But Keylor Navas is  :aww:

One more game and that's it  :(

It's been a cracking tournament, one of the very best I can remember.

Hope the Germans do it, can't help but admire them.

Despsite them inventing it schadenfreude dictates Argentina to win hopefully. Can't see it though unfortunately.

Two games unfortunately :anguish:

Aye, right enough, forgot about the total unneccessary third place play off thing. LVG is right IMO, no requirement for it at all

And to wait another 4 more years will be an absolute borefest going back to the nufc/Pardew shit..and there's no guarantee the next World Cup in Russia will be as spectacular as this one. Wonderful tournament it has been.

Two games unfortunately :anguish:

Aye, right enough, forgot about the total unneccessary third place play off thing. LVG is right IMO, no requirement for it at all

Complains there's only one game, gets reminded there's 2...moans anyway. :lol:

Actually want the Germans to win this one.

If nothing else, there'll be a good party.

Only 2 years to wait until an extended Euros and whilst that is on the Anniversary Copa America will be overlapping it in the US with 16 teams in that so there will be 40 teams involved in tournament action at same time....not too bad lads

Copa America next year too

And to wait another 4 more years will be an absolute borefest going back to the nufc/Pardew shit..and there's no guarantee the next World Cup in Russia will be as spectacular as this one. Wonderful tournament it has been.

don't worry, i'm sure the dourest nation on the entire fucking planet will throw a real feast for the fans in 2018 :thup: