Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

Janmaat is probably my favourite player. So I'm delighted if he gets the armband. Colo is passed it at this stage. I need a Janmaat avatar.

Edit: Added it and decided to PS the Wonga shite out of it. Anyone who wants that done pm me. More than happy to do it.

Janmaat is probably my favourite player. So I'm delighted if he gets the armband. Colo is passed it at this stage. I need a Janmaat avatar.

Edit: Added it and decided to PS the Wonga s**** out of it. Anyone who wants that done pm me. More than happy to do it.

Already paid for my Wonga logo in internet bandwidth mate. Think that shit's free? Thanks, but no thanks!

• 3 weeks later...

The only upside of Janmaat being sent off is at least that means Ryan Taylor will be pulled from midfield. Pretty clear that Carver was incapable of making that decision himself.

Interview with Daryl Janmaat here (in Dutch): http://www.omroepwest.nl/sport/04-05-2015/hagenaar-daryl-janmaat-over-zijn-overgang-naar-newcastle-%E2%80%98toen-ik-hier-aankwam-dach

It's not very flattering for Newcastle. I'll translate the quotes in the accompanying text:

"When I first arrived here I thought to myself: 'What the hell am I doing here?' Everything was so dreary/drab.

I live 20 minutes from the stadium in a nice, quiet area. I'm used to it now, and can even enjoy it somewhat."

The video (I haven't watched it) is a former Dutch soap "star" interviewing him. Funnily enough I worked with the lad's father 15 years ago. Small world.

Interview with Daryl Janmaat here (in Dutch): http://www.omroepwest.nl/sport/04-05-2015/hagenaar-daryl-janmaat-over-zijn-overgang-naar-newcastle-%E2%80%98toen-ik-hier-aankwam-dach

It's not very flattering for Newcastle. I'll translate the quotes in the accompanying text:

"When I first arrived here I thought to myself: 'What the hell am I doing here?' Everything was so dreary/drab.

I live 20 minutes from the stadium in a nice, quiet area. I'm used to it now, and can even enjoy it somewhat."

The video (I haven't watched it) is a former Dutch soap "star" interviewing him. Funnily enough I worked with the lad's father 15 years ago. Small world.

He can enjoy living in Liverpool next season. Then he will complain.

where did he live before coming here, Rotterdam?! cheeky fucker!

where did he live before coming here, Rotterdam?! cheeky f***er!

Rotterdam is a shithole.

where did he live before coming here, Rotterdam?! cheeky f***er!

Rotterdam is a shithole.

Wahey man! :lol:

Watched the interview now. Not sure why they picked these comments like that. In context it's nowhere near as bad and he seems quite appreciative of the lifestyle, just says that it took some getting used to.

• 3 weeks later...

He passed that ball back to Krul which Krul shanked straight out of play. Janmaat was not impressed with Krul.

Hopefully Janmaat stays. He's the sort of player we need to build the squad around. We need another right back to keep him on his toes and provide cover. Daryl Janmaat is our only right back.