Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

He needs some competition at RB. Totally guaranteed a start every time.

Taylor had a few games there early in his career, considering Mbemba had never played RB before he joined us, I'd have thought SMC would have put Taylor there on Saturday instead.

Taylor had a few games there early in his career, considering Mbemba had never played RB before he joined us, I'd have thought SMC would have put Taylor there on Saturday instead.

Not true.

Not true.

“A great day and I was really proud to hear the crowd clapping and shouting my name, glad to be able to get out onto the pitch and help the team.

“I have only ever played there (right-back) once before – for Anderlecht, and never since but I am happy to play anywhere the coach and team need me to. I can’t tell you how I did though, that is up to the coaches and the fans to tell you that.”

Pedantic much?

Not too worried about Saturday. Montero on his day is unplayable (Chambers raped last season, Ivanovic last week).

Best out-and-out winger in the league imo.

Man is Montero overrated in here. I like the guy, always a threat on a good day, but best out-and-out winger in the league? The guy is more inconsistent than Coutinho ffs. Says it all.

He averaged an assist every 2 games taking into account minutes played over the course of the season. When fully fit he's absolutely ripped whichever full back put in front of him to shreds and his pace, technique and final ball is just fantastic. It's hardly a bold statement.

I've always liked this lad but he was desperate on Saturday - his sending off was fully deserved and just plain stupid. When he went, any chance of getting something went with him and that was already slim enough.

• 2 weeks later...

Loved how vocal he was tonight, constantly telling people where to be and what to do even at 4-1. Get the sense he gets pissed off playing alongside the more technically infervor members of our squad.  Some lovely interchange with Thauvin though.  Would like to see them both stay on the same side of the pitch.

Loved how vocal he was tonight, constantly telling people where to be and what to do even at 4-1. Get the sense he gets pissed off playing alongside the more technically infervor members of our squad.  Some lovely interchange with Thauvin though.  Would like to see them both stay on the same side of the pitch.

He hates Williamson, which shows he knows a lot about football.

• 2 weeks later...

Very late with this, but something that really stood out for me during the Arsenal game....Time and time again he was the out ball when we were coming forward and he never looked likely to do anything with it, it was a bit concerning. I didn't watch much last year, was he generally quite productive given the circumstances?

Very late with this, but something that really stood out for me during the Arsenal game....Time and time again he was the out ball when we were coming forward and he never looked likely to do anything with it, it was a bit concerning. I didn't watch much last year, was he generally quite productive given the circumstances?

Very much so. Was one of, if not the best, creative forces for us last season. Powerful intelligent running, and a somewhat decent cross.

Very much so. Was one of, if not the best, creative forces for us last season. Powerful intelligent running, and a somewhat decent cross.

Was pretty much our playmaker in Cabaye's absence from the games I saw.