Official: Daryl Janmaat joins Watford for £7m

bowlingcrofty

There's a match tomorrow?

And you call yourself a fan?

Yeah don't you know we can win the Sports Direct Cup tomorrow, this is a more important game then when we could have won the Gozza Cup.

Yeah don't you know we can win the Sports Direct Cup tomorrow, this is a more important game then when we could have won the Gozza Cup.

Mug surely?

I've got to say, it's really refreshing to see us actually moving quickly for once and bringing in a replacement of somewhat high-ish quality for a soon-to-be-departing first team player. Positive news I say.

Mug surely?

Bit harsh.

I never really took to debuchy, slow start, dirty tackles, while always feeling like he only came here for cabaye. He won me over though, turned round his poor form and played very well, but the moment cabaye was sold he was leaving and you could say cabaye was gone the moment arsenal stirred the pot.

Feel like it will be different for this lad, a lot younger and maybe coming for more substantial reasons, I'm hoping anyway. 

I never really took to debuchy, slow start, dirty tackles, while always feeling like he only came here for cabaye. He won me over though, turned round his poor form and played very well, but the moment cabaye was sold he was leaving and you could say cabaye was gone the moment arsenal stirred the pot.

Feel like it will be different for this lad, a lot younger and maybe coming for more substantial reasons, I'm hoping anyway. 

Pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. I'm hopeful Janmaat will turn out to be a better player than Debuchy too.

Same here but I honestly was never won over by him. He had some pretty good performances but they were not consistent enough.

Guest pont-toon

I hear a whisper he's off elsewhere.

Wouldnt be surprised - postponing todays medical sounds a tad fishy...,,,,

To be fair to the lad he was probably on a 10-12 hour flight yesterday, to expect him to come for a medical on Monday is a bit much.

Pretty much how I feel about the whole thing. I'm hopeful Janmaat will turn out to be a better player than Debuchy too.

Here we go.. we got dumped.. now it's the "she was never good enough for you anyway mate" line. Tbh I feel exactly the same! Played more dodgy games than good. Not convinced Janmaat is better but lets put it this way, Debuchy wont be hard to forget (obligatory goal he scores against us when we play Arsenal aside).