Emmanuel Rivière

LRD

There were a canny few saying he wasn't much cop and we'd overpaid for him when he signed.  Haven't seen much to make me think they're wrong so far.  He obviously needs to be given more time but so far Perez has looked much the brighter of our striker signings.

He's not a top quality player, but to have a go at him seems really unfair. He's being left out to dry up front with barely no one around him and little chance of doing anything decent.

:thup:

He is the centre forward version of Gouffran. Absolutely no impressive attributes, 5/10 in all departments. Shite today.

Gouffran is a centre forward, and from what I've seen so far a better one than Riviere.

At the end of the day other teams are managing decent play, chances on goal and shots on target in this league with far worse strikers for goodness sake. I refuse to put the blame on this guy with the idiot we have in charge. I doubt Steven Naismith is that much better than Riviere, if at all, but there he is every week now it seems, putting in performances.

GET PARDEW OUT NOW!

Its interesting that he has offered fuck all and Pardew will probably play him week in week out unless we sign Remy. I am not having a go at the lad as I dont think we can rate any player under pardew. Some seem to do well probably as they dont need coaching and instructions. We have Ferreya who is worth at least a try but the king clearly doesn't fancy him, maybe is wife isn't hot enough or maybe she is too hot

Look at Routledge at Swansea for the love of God! Have you seen what he's been doing?! He was completely invisible under Pardew, I mean is no one disturbed by this kind of thing at all?! I will never write any player off under this moron. Never. He does not allow players to flourish in his horrific approach.

Some flashes of good things but he's not quite the target man Pardew wants him to be.

This is where I am at as well. He has shown hints that he's got some strength and skill but he doesn't look like he fancies it much. He lacks the confidence of Perez and Aarons who really go for it, and I think that's the biggest factor.

As others say, impossible to judge him based on playing under Pardew.

He's ploughing a lonely furrow. Pardew wants some athletic big man up there that he can lump long balls to, and Riviere is the closest we have. Ayoze might well be a better footballer, but he's be even worse under our system than Riviere as he's too small and would still have to suffer getting footballs with ice on them raining down from the clouds.

As others say, impossible to judge him based on playing under Pardew.

He's ploughing a lonely furrow. Pardew wants some athletic big man up there that he can lump long balls to, and Riviere is the closest we have. Ayoze might well be a better footballer, but he's be even worse under our system than Riviere as he's too small and would still have to suffer getting footballs with ice on them raining down from the clouds.

Yet Perez has still done more in our shirt than Riviere.

While I'm disappointing in him so far, we have to consider that for him it's a new league, new team and sadly one that's got a god awful useless cunt of a manager.

Not convinced he's a player capable of leading a line on his own though, he needs people around him to take the pressure off.

Guest TruToon94

His pace is ludicrously fast. His shooting has been dire so far. Far too early to judge him, maybe a decent manager could turn him but depends. Might be a good winger...