Newcastle United vs Manchester City - Sunday 17th August at 4pm (live on Sky)

Heron

No De Jong is a massive blow for Sunday. Even though I assume the worst versus City - I can't stress how crucial this guy is to our team. f***.

Toe injury, right? Hope to f*** it heals man, that's no good at all if it's lingering.

Calf injury apparently, so a completely different injury. starting to worry that he's made of glass.

4-3-3 I guess with Cabella and Gouff on the wings? Surely he wouldn't want Colback and Anita in there against Yaya. Too much of a physical mismatch, Sissoko at least won't be bullied as much and provides a bit of aerial fret

4-3-3 I guess with Cabella and Gouff on the wings? Surely he wouldn't want Colback and Anita in there against Yaya. Too much of a physical mismatch, Sissoko at least won't be bullied as much and provides a bit of aerial fret

:lol: :lol:

Are you taking the piss? The guy shrinks about five inches when he jumps.

No De Jong is a massive blow for Sunday. Even though I assume the worst versus City - I can't stress how crucial this guy is to our team. f***.

He's never played a competitive match for us man :lol:

Common sense TJ, man - when he's not there - more chance of more out of position players and less chance of scoring goals, but naw, since he hasn't played a competitive match for us we don't need him versus the defending champs. You know damn well a not-played before De Jong is far better than knowing what you'll get from Gouf, Colback, Sissoko in the #10, etc.

If De Jong was fit we'd have a proper number 10 operating off the striker in our 4-4-1-1 and, more importantly, have an actual winger on the left flank in Cabella.  As things stand we're going to be asking a lot of Janmaat and Haidara (I assume) to get up and give us some width in attack.

He's a marquee signing, he's missing the 1st match of the season at Home, to Man City, a guy who's scored multiple goals against them, who's former captain of his squad, and who clearly is a proven winning, leader. :lol: oh and I'll just repeat he's capable of scoring goals.

He's never played a competitive match for us man :lol:

The alternatives have, and they're all shit.

Aguero and possibly Kompany out. Not that it will make much of a difference.

Hart

Zabaleta  Mangala    Nastasic  Kolarov

Nasri      Yaya          Fernandinho  Silva

Dzeko        Jovetic

??

If De Jong was fit we'd have a proper number 10 operating off the striker in our 4-4-1-1 and, more importantly, have an actual winger on the left flank in Cabella.  As things stand we're going to be asking a lot of Janmaat and Haidara (I assume) to get up and give us some width in attack.

:pardsbeard:

Aguero and possibly Kompany out. Not that it will make much of a difference.

Hart

Zabaleta  Mangala    Nastasic  Kolarov

Nasri      Yaya          Fernandinho  Silva

Dzeko        Jovetic

??

Mangala is out too.

Presume Fernando will start for them

I doubt it, I think Pellegrino will stick with his favoured 2 strikers.

Instead of Fernandinho I think he means. Like the Argentine lot don't think he's hardly trained.

I know there is no way around it, but players definitely do not get enough to rest and recover when there are big international tournaments in the summer. I feel bad for the Europeans having to do it every other year. How much rest time would someone like Xavi have had during the 2008-2014 period. Maybe it is not surprising his time at the top level ended so abruptly.

He's a marquee signing, he's missing the 1st match of the season at Home, to Man City, a guy who's scored multiple goals against them, who's former captain of his squad, and who clearly is a proven winning, leader. :lol: oh and I'll just repeat he's capable of scoring goals.

I'm not saying he's rubbish ffs :lol: you're going on about him like he's our greatest ever player and it's pointless playing without him.